A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Negative

So, Tynan recently posted this pic on twitter, and then a few hours later on a Steam announcement

Is anyone else hyped? :D

A Friend

New world map screen I assume?
Hmm, wonder what's this for...

Quote"A16 will probably be the biggest update ever in terms of the amount of work we've done adding and refining things, so it's taking a while."

"Biggest" huh... Let me guess, being able to travel to other places? Interacting personally with factions?

Eitherway:
Hype.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

newcadence

So many possibilities:

Factions and geography have a significance when establishing your colonies now?

Satellites? Meteors? ALIENS? Giant Orbital Mechanoid Hive event?

RawCode

z-levels confirmed!*

*haha no

mumblemumble

Can't say this teaser does much for me... ...its a rendered picture of the world (like nasa occasionally does)

I look forward to a16 still, of course, but this does literally nothing to excite me.... I would need something....slightly more concrete.

Plus, the idea that time was used to render a round planet for area selecting is kinda sad that time was used for that rather than other effects. Guess I got too spoiled by the no nonsense developing of the past few alphas. But I spose tynan splurging on a few graphical tweaks is not a bad thing

But maybe im being too cynical, even with  all the other updates, rim-world hasn't had a bad update yet. A few iffy balance choices(which were quickly fixed), but nothing BAD.

Cant wait to see what the actual content is..
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

O Negative

I think the teaser was meant to represent a lot polish of existing features, honestly. That's what has me excited :)

mumblemumble

Quote from: O Negative on November 03, 2016, 01:20:02 AM
I think the teaser was meant to represent a lot polish of existing features, honestly. That's what has me excited :)
Thats actually a very good point, my mind is extremely linear sometimes, and I don't always pick up on subtlety.

Tynan also mentioned bisexuality in response to someone asking about it, and this gets me thinking : If its added, will straight people FINALLY have 0 chance of gay stuff?... I mean, unless we do a deep psychological simulation, but unfortunately I don't think everyone could agree on what that is.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

crazybmanp

Oh man, if this is the option to travel off map i'm gonna just stop existing in the real world and only play Rimworld.

Andy_Dandy

My Rimworld seen from Space. It looks amazingly beautiful.

carbon

Are we sure it's not just a new main menu background image with slightly more world map flavor?

EDIT: If you're going to relay information, relay all of it please.

via Steam:

Quote from: TynanHey all, just a quick teaser update for you. Behold, the planet!

I'll be releasing more information about this soon-ish. I just wanted to give you all an image so you know we are still working at full steam, on many different features.

A16 will probably be the biggest update ever in terms of the amount of work we've done adding and refining things, so it's taking a while.

O Negative

Quote from: carbon on November 03, 2016, 01:55:03 PM
Are we sure it's not just a new main menu background image with slightly more world map flavor?

The stars indicate that that's exactly what it is, haha.

Still, I'm hyped :D lol

carbon

Tynan spent 6 months working on development and all we get is a lousy background. :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

O Negative

Quote from: carbon on November 03, 2016, 01:55:03 PM
EDIT: If you're going to relay information, relay all of it please.
Eh, that would take the fun out of it :P

Quote from: carbon on November 03, 2016, 02:39:56 PM
Tynan spent 6 months working on development and all we get is a lousy background. :D
Except... It's only been, like, a little over 2 months since the last Alpha release? lol

Alenerel

If that is the main menu new background he deserves all the bullshit that happened with RPS. Tho I think that that bullshit actually made him popular, so idk...

Darth Fool

He hasn't explicitly said it, but is quite clear that A16 is a total rewrite that will allow the creation of giant fleets of spaceships which you can use to explore other worlds, expand to place colonies on them, exploit them for resources, and exterminate rival civilizations... reminiscent of Masters of Orion.... ;P