[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Some_stranger on July 23, 2016, 05:35:40 PM
Also, medicine is such a hurdle in the game as it takes ages to be able to craft even herbal medicine because you need an Oil Refinery.  The only other way is with Weed Oil but you need Aloe Vera, which does not spawn on my map and you cannot purchase it I do not think.  For the longest time I only had the awful Gleamcap.

Gleamcaps aren't so bad. They are if you use them raw. You can refine them in a couple of ways. Both the butcher table and the distillery can increase its potency to a respectable level.

Other than that, I usually buy any medicine that comes by via trade, especially healroot to start growing some. Only time I unforbid the valuable starting medicine is when someone catches a plague.

Corax

i got this annoying hospitality bug:

http://imgur.com/a/YrT6h

any suggestion?

Some_stranger

Quote from: Owlchemist on July 23, 2016, 11:11:41 PM
Also, medicine is such a hurdle in the game as it takes ages to be able to craft even herbal medicine because you need an Oil Refinery.  The only other way is with Weed Oil but you need Aloe Vera, which does not spawn on my map and you cannot purchase it I do not think.  For the longest time I only had the awful Gleamcap.

Gleamcaps aren't so bad. They are if you use them raw. You can refine them in a couple of ways. Both the butcher table and the distillery can increase its potency to a respectable level.

Other than that, I usually buy any medicine that comes by via trade, especially healroot to start growing some. Only time I unforbid the valuable starting medicine is when someone catches a plague.
You can refine it with a Butcher Table?  I had no idea.  How does one do this?

luceed

Hello guys,

First of all i want to thanx you for this awsome mod's compilation.

Just one think i cant figure out: how the hell do you get Nitre (needed to make Gunpowder with Sulfure and Coal) ?

Because i'm short on ammo, there are zombies wandering on the map (and cant take the risk to use my last bulllets on them) and i think i'll not be able to manage the next raid..

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Some_stranger on July 24, 2016, 07:56:54 AM
Quote from: Owlchemist on July 23, 2016, 11:11:41 PM

You can refine it with a Butcher Table?  I had no idea.  How does one do this?

If I recall correctly, you make a bill for "Mushroom Tincture" at the butcher table.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: luceed on July 24, 2016, 08:41:08 AM
Hello guys,

First of all i want to thanx you for this awsome mod's compilation.

Just one think i cant figure out: how the hell do you get Nitre (needed to make Gunpowder with Sulfure and Coal) ?

Because i'm short on ammo, there are zombies wandering on the map (and cant take the risk to use my last bulllets on them) and i think i'll not be able to manage the next raid..

You can mine Nitre same as ores/coal/gold/silver/etc.

luceed

QuoteYou can mine Nitre same as ores/coal/gold/silver/etc.

Thanx you, that mean if i dont have natural vein on the map wich can be mined, i can get some with Quarry / Mine extractor ?

Some_stranger

Quote from: luceed on July 24, 2016, 09:27:42 AM
QuoteYou can mine Nitre same as ores/coal/gold/silver/etc.

Thanx you, that mean if i dont have natural vein on the map wich can be mined, i can get some with Quarry / Mine extractor ?
This is what I did.

luceed

Thanx both of you you're my life savers.

Other thing, once the Zombi virus is active, no "normal raiders" would come ? Because i only get some zombi raid...

Epson

Hey Sky. Loving the new 3.0, finally got round to playing it.

Question: How would I go about to disabling the Skynet additions? It used to be modular but seems to now be incorporated into the Core SK. I'm just not a big fan of 'cameos' from other fiction. Seeing terminators in my Rimworld game breaks my immersion a bit.

Some_stranger

Quote from: Epson on July 24, 2016, 12:46:17 PM
Hey Sky. Loving the new 3.0, finally got round to playing it.

Question: How would I go about to disabling the Skynet additions? It used to be modular but seems to now be incorporated into the Core SK. I'm just not a big fan of 'cameos' from other fiction. Seeing terminators in my Rimworld game breaks my immersion a bit.
For me, it is things like this I do not like.  And things that are just TOO OP.  Random acts of darkness is impossible to defend against because the dark blobs do not die and even in my most lit rooms, they come in through ferrotitanium doors.  I have just loaded saves to avoid this one.  This event and Earthquake are annoying.  As well as some that are extremely OP like the Ogre's or something.  When skinned, they give me enough food to last an entire year and I can sell their skins for roughly 8000-12000 silver.  Raids done by bugs?  I do not like this because bugs are not smart enough to amass an army and fight me.  This one is just silly.  Also they drop so much money worth of chitin and are easily killed by GMG and HMG.

Zakhad

Darkness doesn't effect though's who are sleeping as long as they sleep through the entire duration, torches are fantastic way of dealing with them(they die when they enter a light area for more than a couple of seconds), give yourself about 5-10 torches massed around you preferably away from doors as they like to wreck doors trying to path towards you but if they don't detect anyone nearby they're quite happy to just sit in the room. (I always keep an emergency pack of 25ish wood to place 5 or so torches in central-ish location)

Earthquakes scale with time/wealth I believe as early on ones tend to do next to no damage but year 3-4 ones destroy any building with less than 100 health

Turning glemcaps into mushroom tincture (butchers table) for 70% medical potency gets through most emergency's or operations but honestly when your worried about someone not making it via illness use the operation inject with anesthetic you'll gain like 10-20% more immunity than you would without doing so. Also check the stats the of furs when making beds for operating / immunity gain they're far more important than the rest effectiveness hedgehogs / snork / tortoises make great choices for medical beds squirrel / hare for rest effectiveness

Some_stranger

Quote from: Zakhad on July 24, 2016, 08:12:22 PM
Darkness doesn't effect though's who are sleeping as long as they sleep through the entire duration, torches are fantastic way of dealing with them(they die when they enter a light area for more than a couple of seconds), give yourself about 5-10 torches massed around you preferably away from doors as they like to wreck doors trying to path towards you but if they don't detect anyone nearby they're quite happy to just sit in the room. (I always keep an emergency pack of 25ish wood to place 5 or so torches in central-ish location)

Earthquakes scale with time/wealth I believe as early on ones tend to do next to no damage but year 3-4 ones destroy any building with less than 100 health

Turning glemcaps into mushroom tincture (butchers table) for 70% medical potency gets through most emergency's or operations but honestly when your worried about someone not making it via illness use the operation inject with anesthetic you'll gain like 10-20% more immunity than you would without doing so. Also check the stats the of furs when making beds for operating / immunity gain they're far more important than the rest effectiveness hedgehogs / snork / tortoises make great choices for medical beds squirrel / hare for rest effectiveness
Ah yes.  I noticed this.  My Plastic Hospital bed does something like 168% immunity gain speed.  But for Alpha 14, I will need to get on those Hedgehogs/Tortoises.

Earthquakes have a random tick ammount I've noticed.  They shake for between 1 and 10 'ticks'.  I have had late game ones last shorter than early game ones.  It seems to effect the entire base.

The tip with Darkness is good.  Usually I huddle everyone to cramped room with light.

Epson

Is 3.0 missing a lot of old features or is it just me? I don't have cleaning please, pawn state icons & hospitality. I'm sure there's more but I just haven't noticed yet.

I'm assuming its just that these haven't been updated yet? My main concern is that I've screwed up the Hardcore SK install somehow.

EDIT: The version on Github has hospitality so I'm assuming that it's just taking time to get everything updated and running.

Great

please,give mending bench their own job instead of having them be in crafting.Tha would be great if i could focus one of my pawn entirely on repairing gear.

Also,anyone know what are magnetic material,they are required for the quantum storage and i realy need it.

edit:how do i get biosynthetic material?I need it for my Dermal Regenerator.