[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtmaddog

v1.8 turret overkill does not function for me. Black screen when I load the game. Tried re-downloading. Same result. Standard turret collection mod works fine. On Rimworld Alpha8 657. Nice work on the mod. Been a welcome challenge scrounging ai persona cores. And the cannon sfx is epic. Keep it up.

eatKenny

Quote from: curtmaddog on December 28, 2014, 12:16:51 AM
v1.8 turret overkill does not function for me. Black screen when I load the game. Tried re-downloading. Same result. Standard turret collection mod works fine. On Rimworld Alpha8 657. Nice work on the mod. Been a welcome challenge scrounging ai persona cores. And the cannon sfx is epic. Keep it up.
thanks for the kind words ;)
have you delete the old version before unzip the new one?
have you activated the "turret collection" before activate "turret collection: overkill"? overkill need main mod to run.
try reastart rimworld after activate the mods, and try start a new game to see if the problem still exists.
i hardly changed the .xml files from v1.7c to v1.8, this is not supposed to happen.

Asero

Had same weird black screen issue, but seems fine now that I have started on a new map / new colony...

Agree with the cannon sfx. Great stuff!

Ded1

Doesn't it make you feel good to see people making accounts to complement your mod?
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

curtmaddog

Got it running. Had to run the game with just turret collection installed then exit and install the overkill mod. Appreciate the help.

Playbahnosh

There are tons of mods for a million things in Rimworld, but I just couldn't find one that gives more options for defense without tons of fluff and needless micromanagement. This pack is great. It's simple as a doornail, build turret, point, shoot, things fall down. No excess BS. The Browning is the best thing since sliced bread for challenging game starts, the Howitzer is great for shelling the shellers before they shell your base to ruin, and the Chaingun stops any assault in it's tracks. They are kind of OP (almost game-breaking even) but when a horde of pirates or norballs show up, this is the only plausible way of staying alive, save for going full meta and building killrooms with tower-defense mazes with the vanilla turrets.

One thing though: could you implement a way to make the shells/rockets/EMP grenades ourselves and not rely on traders? It takes ages for one to show up AND carry at least some of it. Usually I have everything ready and my colony gets overrun because I can't get the last ingredients. If I could somehow craft these in the colony, that would be great.

eatKenny

Quote from: Playbahnosh on January 01, 2015, 01:12:59 AM
There are tons of mods for a million things in Rimworld, but I just couldn't find one that gives more options for defense without tons of fluff and needless micromanagement. This pack is great. It's simple as a doornail, build turret, point, shoot, things fall down. No excess BS. The Browning is the best thing since sliced bread for challenging game starts, the Howitzer is great for shelling the shellers before they shell your base to ruin, and the Chaingun stops any assault in it's tracks. They are kind of OP (almost game-breaking even) but when a horde of pirates or norballs show up, this is the only plausible way of staying alive, save for going full meta and building killrooms with tower-defense mazes with the vanilla turrets.

One thing though: could you implement a way to make the shells/rockets/EMP grenades ourselves and not rely on traders? It takes ages for one to show up AND carry at least some of it. Usually I have everything ready and my colony gets overrun because I can't get the last ingredients. If I could somehow craft these in the colony, that would be great.

thanks for the kind words, i may nerf some turrets like 5-10% and ammo crafting is already in my to-do list for next update.

Loki88

I dunno if its been said already but if you build enough GAU-8 turrets you can level most of the map :P my turrets go off before I can even read  the raid notice. I wish I could edit the notice to say "pirates from the XX clan have arrived near by and are attack.... Running like pansies, nvm...

Epyk

First off, great mod! Second, I have a texture problem?
It's a pink/red square with an X in it.
Here's how I found out:

I oped some Cyrocasket-things and one of the raiders that popped out was holding said square as a weapon. I went to check their gear and it was called a "Spotlight tower lamp".

You're the only mod I'm using with the words "Spotlight tower". I have no idea where lamp came from but I'm so confused. Any idea what's causing this?
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Asero

Quote from: Epyk on January 06, 2015, 01:13:37 AM

Experiencing the same issue.

Think I'm just going to remove the Spotlight tower for now since I never use it anyway...

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Asero on January 06, 2015, 01:45:29 AM

Experiencing the same issue.

Think I'm just going to remove the Spotlight tower for now since I never use it anyway...

Texture problems usually go away if you restart the game (exit to Windows then get back in).
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Asero

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 06, 2015, 01:51:32 AM
Texture problems usually go away if you restart the game (exit to Windows then get back in).

Actually I recently started a on new map / new game since I downloaded the Jaffa and Norbal mods. Unfortunately Mister 'X' is still showing up...

eatKenny

Here's how I found out:

I oped some Cyrocasket-things and one of the raiders that popped out was holding said square as a weapon. I went to check their gear and it was called a "Spotlight tower lamp".

You're the only mod I'm using with the words "Spotlight tower". I have no idea where lamp came from but I'm so confused. Any idea what's causing this?

I haven't assign a texture to Spotlight (and other turret guns)since it shouldn't be spawned as a weapon. But if I remember correctly I do write the line
<canBeSpawningInventory>false</canBeSpawningInventory>

in the Def.

Epyk

Quote from: eatKenny on January 06, 2015, 03:45:49 AM
Here's how I found out:

I haven't assign a texture to Spotlight (and other turret guns)since it shouldn't be spawned as a weapon. But if I remember correctly I do write the line
<canBeSpawningInventory>false</canBeSpawningInventory>

in the Def.

Thanks for the reply! It's not a game-ruining issue. I'll find out eventually.

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!