[A12] TheGentlePack (UOP REBOOTED)

Started by TheGentlmen, September 30, 2015, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Nanao-kun on October 03, 2015, 10:02:44 PM
I'm using the file from the third post in the thread, but it seems a number of things are missing textures, such as bars and copper ore. Should I simply wait for the new version instead?
Quote from: FX2K on October 03, 2015, 03:13:52 PM
Quote from: Praetorian on October 03, 2015, 08:52:45 AM
Sorry to add to your woes but it appears the 'noseedsplease' patch doesn't actually work, I've had to manually disable the 'seedsplease' mod entirely, although so far that has worked effectively (on new maps/worlds only obviously) without causing a bunch of error messages.

If you have "no seeds" listed as a mod, then you probably didn't unzip it correctly. 
When unzipping it (last) it should overwrite some files.  Then you only have to disable the seeds please mod, there is nothing to enable

I'm still running with the 216 build of UOP with Glitter-tech, no seeds & tools for haul, since it was the last one I had downloaded..
I have the rimsenal patch too, but that was downloaded with build 191, not sure how much changed in UOP's last few days of being online.

Err, my fualt.

UOM adds a few textures into the core folder and I didn't put a core folder... sorry.

Reuploading.

TheGentlmen

SlightlyTilted

The only reason I ever played RimWorld was for UOM and Ninefingers. I'm sad to see him go. I guess this isn't really a continuation of UOM since you are starting from scratch, but I hope it adds the elements of entertainment we got out of UOM. I'll keep checking in on ya from time to time and see how it's progressing.

Goodluck TheGentlmen
Check out my newly created YouTube channel: SlightlyTilted !!! Currently recording a new modded series of my survival in a distant RimWorld with my GoPro

TheGentlmen

Quote from: SlightlyTilted on October 03, 2015, 11:23:23 PM
The only reason I ever played RimWorld was for UOM and Ninefingers. I'm sad to see him go. I guess this isn't really a continuation of UOM since you are starting from scratch, but I hope it adds the elements of entertainment we got out of UOM. I'll keep checking in on ya from time to time and see how it's progressing.

Goodluck TheGentlmen
Al ought I'll be starting from scratch, I'll be stripping many things from the modpack, most noticeably textures...

Nanao-kun

Is anyone else missing the alternate mine options (vein and such)? Perhaps they simply aren't in the pack?

The Chop Wood image when selecting a tree is also missing.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Nanao-kun on October 04, 2015, 01:06:42 AM
Is anyone else missing the alternate mine options (vein and such)? Perhaps they simply aren't in the pack?

The Chop Wood image when selecting a tree is also missing.
Err.. ops

When making the gent pack I took the vienminer out of the file... forgot to put it back... fix soon!!!

As for the tree symbol, that was in the original UOM, I reported to Nine and he said he couldn't repo it. I experience it too and I'm unaware of its cuase...

Sheesh you people... why do you keep pointing out the things I do wrong...

TheGentlmen

Nanao-kun

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 04, 2015, 01:23:58 AM
But if we don't, you'll become complacent and stop improving! :P

Jacksidious

Sucks too see nine go. He did a lot of great work even though others made the mods he did do a lot of work putting them together. Out of all the versions and alphas I don't think I had 1 bug from his modpacks if there was they were fixed very fast. Stuff happens though, glad someone is picking this up!

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Nanao-kun on October 04, 2015, 01:20:09 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 04, 2015, 01:23:58 AM
But if we don't, you'll become complacent and stop improving! :P
But I'm sopoused to be workin' on the new version... not fixing the things I do wrong in the old  :P

You can pooint out all the thing all you want when the new version comes out.. which is a long way away...

1&2- Check compatabilites & Fix Incompatibilities <---Here
3- Make Research Web mod
4- Make charts for it
5- Add stuff to help section
6- Contact Youtubers for tutorial & simular
7- Setup GIT
8- Make graphic stuff, like logos
9- Format Fourm

Like its just so far away...

Wild Card

Hello mr Gentleman :)
I have a small question. Will you be balancing the various things from the diffrent mods you use? like the stats of some weapons compared to others? or pieces of armor or things like that. By balancing i mean balancing them in the context of your mod, or are you forbidden by the various contributors of said "stuff" to do so ?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Wild Card on October 04, 2015, 02:52:48 PM
Hello mr Gentleman :)
I have a small question. Will you be balancing the various things from the diffrent mods you use? like the stats of some weapons compared to others? or pieces of armor or things like that. By balancing i mean balancing them in the context of your mod, or are you forbidden by the various contributors of said "stuff" to do so ?
Currently the only building I add are a doormat, snow machine, soil, bones maker thingy and a mini reactor... theirs not much to balance really. The rest are all UI enchantments and other minor things...

If I need to balance I am allowed by the molders, although Alstiare requires me to list the changes for his mod that shouldn't be a problem.

Wild Card

Hexatron

You have inherited a monster task there.

I have only been playing rimworld cause of this modpack. As it wasn't finished (was waiting for mipens bots), i haven't even played the Alpha 12 at all yet.

I do hope you can get a modpack up and running that may be a worthy replacement. Quite bummed that i may have to wait even longer now till i get to see the A12 version.

Really hope you may include mipens mods, as for me those bots were amazing ;).

Would say for me the best mods of the old pack have been the bots, the advanced power generators from bunkertech (at least i think bunktertech added them?), the enclosures from eazy defence, and the glitterworld stuff.

You mentioned it is a restart, and that you will keep the overall number of mods lower. Curious to learn what your selection will be. I for sure loved the old pack, and am sad that things went the way they went.

StorymasterQ

I don't use UOP and I'd probably won't use TheGentlePack either, but I just want to wish you better luck, TheGentlmen. I have it in good authority that TheGentlePack is hard :D Yes, I saw that post in the locked thread.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here