[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

@Orion: This is about the third time it's happened in game for me... probably should've mentioned that. Have been dev downing them because it seems I was mistaken, the more recent instance they don't even pass out from exhaustion, nor do they move when the visiting faction is leaving. At least the brighter side of it is when I rescue & release them afterwards, I get a relationship boost with their faction.  :P

gCoreByte

Guests don't use guest beds even though they're standing next to them, have no guest beds debuff.

Fallatus

So hey, i just had an idea: What if when visitors get injured, you could contact their Faction and make an offer to treat them?
Succeeding in treating them would give you some goodwill and depending on how good a job you did they may be more willing to let you treat them in the future.
Fail, And you will make them less likely to trust you with their injured, and might even cause you to lose goodwill if you did a bad job.

You could be contacted by Factions in need, asking if you could treat some of their own, and once accepting they will send a caravan with the injured person(s) for you to treat.
On the other hand, You could be contacted by pirates, and threatened to treat their injured or they'll attack you. And if accepting and succeeding, delaying raids from that faction.

It opens up to some interesting events.
Plus, more interaction with other factions is always good, Right?

Canute

When visitors rest at guest beds, your doctors will treat them automaticly.
So it is a good idea to keep a doctor at night shift.
But you can't operate them until they are downed.

Orion

@gCoreByte: Something's broken on your side. It's working fine here.
@Fallatus: Nice idea! A lot of work to implement, though...

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Fallatus on July 27, 2017, 07:14:11 AM

You could be contacted by Factions in need, asking if you could treat some of their own, and once accepting they will send a caravan with the injured person(s) for you to treat.
On the other hand, You could be contacted by pirates, and threatened to treat their injured or they'll attack you. And if accepting and succeeding, delaying raids from that faction.

It opens up to some interesting events.
Plus, more interaction with other factions is always good, Right?

i definitely support this idea... orion pls make it happen lol

@orion is your mod "One Big Family" going to get a chance of an a17 update??? lol looking at the workshop page description has me sold on it, but its still on a16  :(

Orion

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen. I'm pretty busy and it's a lot of work...

Concerning One Big Family, I don't think it's all that great. It was more meant as a joke...

Canute

Hehe, i got the similar thinking long time ago ! :-)
You can't create a special guest zone, but you can assign guest to one of your pawn zones, homezone is default.
When you click on one guest, you should see the Guest Tab, and at that window on the top you should see your zones, you can assign.
Don't forget the set them as default zone after you changed it.

faltonico

Having to have separate rooms for guests is a thing now? that is one thing i am not ok with >_<

Edit: I also bumped into an spammy error:
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_TakeDrug.BestIngestItem (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Predicate`1 extraValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_Ingest.TryGiveJobInternal (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Predicate`1 extraValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_Ingest.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.JobGiver_Relax.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Hospitality.ThinkNode_FilterGuestRooms:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I plopped some beds with devmode and made them for guests, the moment they went to sleep the console spam stopped. When they got up the spam restarted.

EDIT 2: Those guests were selling pawns!! (Image attached) Were they supposed to have slaves as a possible pool? I am using rimslaves mod just in case.
EDIT 3: I spawned a bunch of silver and bought the slaves, the spam stopped.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Don't forget Rimslaves are animals not pawns.
Since Rimslaves don't need training to work, i think thats the issue. They want do their job, but not part of the colony and this cause a conflict.

faltonico

Quote from: Canute on August 13, 2017, 05:23:10 AM
Don't forget Rimslaves are animals not pawns.
Since Rimslaves don't need training to work, i think thats the issue. They want do their job, but not part of the colony and this cause a conflict.
The pawns that they were selling were not rimslaves but regular humanoid pawns (a bunch of Asari and a human), o.O check out the image.

Orion

@faltonico: You can set up the guest rooms any way you want. Just make sure they're within the guest area.

The RimSlaves mod is not compatible. Other mods that add slaves to guest traders will also cause this error.

faltonico

Quote from: Orion on August 14, 2017, 07:04:01 AM
@faltonico: You can set up the guest rooms any way you want. Just make sure they're within the guest area.
I meant that they now have the sleep in barracks malus when doing a single big room for them, no matter how wonderful the room is. It wasn't like that before, and i'm certainly not willing to make individual rooms for them now. It that a new feature you included?

Too bad about the rimslaves mod, fortunately, it doesn't seem to be a game breaking bug.

Canute

I combine my cult altar with guest beds, and the guests are impressed and enjoy the human sacrifice every morning.
They allways leave at 100%.
I never made personal guest room, not even for prisoners.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Orion on August 14, 2017, 07:04:01 AM

The RimSlaves mod is not compatible. Other mods that add slaves to guest traders will also cause this error.

It is, if you disable the traders :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.