[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

Quote from: 123nick on July 22, 2014, 06:55:51 PM
so this also includes the turret package mod? because i have both downloaded and activated, but i dont see any of the new turrets. what are the new turrets anyway? not including howitzer or artillery

The turrets that come from Kilroy's turret package 1.4, Improvised, heavy, incendiary, energy and sniper turret.
all turrets and cannons need research to be able to build them. I'll be making my OP a bit more informative.

Gabriel_Braun

Dude my own way of playing with your mod has the damage radius on 5 and the damage tripled but with:
<forcedMissRadius>20</forcedMissRadius>

the artillery plays without being unbalanced and you have no choice but keep it offline in case a threat generates near the base lol

PunisheR007

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on July 23, 2014, 03:50:06 AM
Dude my own way of playing with your mod has the damage radius on 5 and the damage tripled but with:

the artillery plays without being unbalanced and you have no choice but keep it offline in case a threat generates near the base lol
Nice lol.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on July 23, 2014, 03:50:06 AM

Or Die.
Dieing always seems to be a choice in this game.
But I will have to try those changes.

BetaSpectre

Is it all right if you make a separate file with only the accurate howitzer?

I feel like if this mod touches my colonists too much then there will be a mod conflict, and TBH I'm not really interested in colonist tweaks.

I've still got the OP Cannons that disintegrate everything it touches. If you ask me the cannons should require less metal and more shells xD.

I don't really care that much if the cannons don't do lots of damage compared to their accuracy (even less than Mortar is fine with me). But if they can't hit the side of a barn I expect them to vaporize the competition so to speak xD.

Thanks for reading.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Riggs-Eclipse

Ok so i just realized I have an older version. If I update to the new one will my worlds that already have it be unusable/ have to reresearch/ etc. Just dont want to break my worlds hehe

PunisheR007

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 24, 2014, 01:37:34 AM
Is it all right if you make a separate file with only the accurate howitzer?

I feel like if this mod touches my colonists too much then there will be a mod conflict, and TBH I'm not really interested in colonist tweaks.

I've still got the OP Cannons that disintegrate everything it touches. If you ask me the cannons should require less metal and more shells xD.

I don't really care that much if the cannons don't do lots of damage compared to their accuracy (even less than Mortar is fine with me). But if they can't hit the side of a barn I expect them to vaporize the competition so to speak xD.

Thanks for reading.

The damage does need to be raised for sure, i was trying to see if i could get more incaps and less deleting of bodies lol.
I do agree that the artillery is too accurate, im going to be updating this later tonight, plus i will be moving the colonist training into a seperate mod, so it won't conflict with any other mods. I can do that, make a seperate mod with just the howitzer if you like.

BetaSpectre

Thanks PunisheR007 this mod is one of my favs.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Undecided

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 24, 2014, 06:10:21 AMThe damage does need to be raised for sure, i was trying to see if i could get more incaps and less deleting of bodies lol.
I do agree that the artillery is too accurate, im going to be updating this later tonight, plus i will be moving the colonist training into a seperate mod, so it won't conflict with any other mods. I can do that, make a seperate mod with just the howitzer if you like.

The main problem I think is the fact the targeting AI defaults to the nearest target. That's great for precise shots against few targets, but crap when you're facing hordes of hundreds of pawns (arty keeps shooting the few stragglers ahead of the giant horde, instead of hitting the horde itself, which greatly reduces its potential kill rate). Hence against large mobs, ironically, some less accurate cannons would be more effective as they can hit the middle of the horde more often.

I think something you might want to consider is different classes of artillery. Maybe a Mark 1, 2, and 3, or 100mm, 150mm, 200mm, or something like that. The higher calibre ones being more powerful, but maybe slower and more inaccurate. That way players can choose the kind of artillery best suited to their current threat and local terrain, instead of trying to modify the files themselves or coming here you ask for stats changes.

I only suggest it because it should be pretty easy; just copy and paste the default artillery's def files, but maybe slightly tweak the weapon and projectile stats. You can always add custom graphics or other special features later on if you want to.

PunisheR007

Sorry i havn't posted the update yet people's, just been a little busy.
I have almost finished making some changes and seperating the now called "Enhanced Colonists" (training).
The artillery is now less accurate, and has a much larger explosion radius, the howitzer is a little more accurate and has had it's explosion radius increased also, no where near as large as arty though, both had there damage increased.
costs have changed a little, more shells for both to build, howitzer is 50 shells, and artillery is 35 shells now.
Metal has been reduced for artillery and howitzer.
88mm howitzer and 150mm artillery are the new names.
Now that this is almost done and released, i will work on a new flak style cannon that has burst fire, should be pretty nasty.

PunisheR007

New version up, with some changes and colonist training removed and put in it's own mod, which i will release very shortly.
That mod will be called, Enhanced Colonists.

PunisheR007

muffins

This and embrasures are my two must have mods. Your artillery have saved my colony so many times now!  ;D

PunisheR007

Cheers, it's nice to know that my cannons are kicking those sieges and centepedes asses back to where they came from lol hehe.
I'll have an update ready for later today, which will bring a flak style cannon. :)

dima