[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

Quote from: mrofa on July 09, 2014, 10:16:09 AM
You mean movment speed on floors ?

Disregard the name of it, it's the moving speed of your colonist, thats it, for all terrains.
just remember it only applies to the first 3 colonist with a new game, otherwise it will just be slaves from slave traders.

BetaSpectre

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 09, 2014, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 09, 2014, 06:31:56 AM
I love the artillery :3

Do you think you could modify the accuracy on the Mortars?

Its awesome to have them fire in volley (and yell Bombs away) but not so awesome when they can't kill in one hit and miss by 20 blocks.

Cheers BetaSpectre :)
I will have a look at the artillerys accuracy again and tweak it some, i have got an update install very soon, it will make it so all slaves bought from slave traders will benfit from the fitness training that the orig 3 get, with some extra benfits like 50% better movement speed, 50% more damage with melee, and 50% better hunger threshold. kinda like super soldiers, i could make a 2nd fitness training to enhance them even further.
Ah sorry if I wasn't clear I was also talking about the ingame vanilla mortars, I'd like to see a mod that would make them more accurate since well as they are I couldn't hit the side of a barn (quite literally I've missed Mountains that I aimed at)

Your cannons are quite accurate and deadly good sir.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

PunisheR007

ahhh yes, the vanilla mortars are absolutly useless. They couldn't hit anything, i laughed when i saw them first lol.
They should get more accurate with each shot, since there is someone manning it, and they would be adjusting the co-ordinates everytime.
Maybe Tynan might change it, but i don't think anyone in there right mind would try to use them, when they take 1 able body to fire,
and get no damage lol.

IWannaChaos

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 09, 2014, 10:27:27 PM
Maybe Tynan might change it, but i don't think anyone in there right mind would try to use them, when they take 1 able body to fire,
and get no damage laugh out loud.
They can be fired by people that are incapable of violence or have terrible shooting skills so in a fight that's not really an able body. You need a lot of mortars (maybe seven?) and their really only good for use on raiders that are laying siege to your colony or are on the map but not attacking right away. If they were more accurate the raiders using them would have that same increased accuracy and people with above-ground bases would be in big trouble.

Basically, just have lots and aim at the center of big targets.

murlocdummy

The main use of mortars is to counter-bombard a raider mortar base, and they're also useful when your power goes out, which happens rather frequently.

Jerethi50

There seems to be a slight issue between this mod and Miscellaneous mod W MAI, I think its trying to apply your research bonuses to the MAI Units and failing for some reason, doesnt really seem to hurt anything or break anything, just is making the development console yell at me :) here is what it is yelling

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Exception applying research mod for project ColonistStrengthTraining: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Exception applying research mod for project ColonistDietProgram: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ResearchMod.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ResearchProjectDef.ReapplyAllMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Jerethi50

Actually there isnt much you can do about this i think. Your mod doesnt have an assembley, so it must be an issue between misc mods AI race and the default mod applying code from rimworld. I will look into it myself and see if i can fix it for the modpack.

Jerethi50

your research mods are set to assign things specificaly to colonists only, so that isnt the problem, I dont know why the games spitting out these errors. o.O

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Jerethi50

Sorry i meant it applys to Thingdefname Colonist, Does mai get assigned a thingdefname of Colonist ?

mrofa

Well im not sure, but i doubt that haplo did write a race for her so i assume she is either humanoid or animal or canepid race, and prapobly when she becomes part of colony she is seen by game as colonist, thrugh this is only my theory.
All i do is clutter all around.

PunisheR007

I had to make a race for the colonist and slaves, The race i made was called colonist.
I had todo this in order so the enemy didn't get the training. lol
(Only the first 3 colonist and slaves that you buy from slave traders that will be the colonist race.)
Cheers :)

Undecided

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I'd actually love to see some sort of inaccurate artillery.

In my current game's difficulty scale, I face down 500+ pawn raids. However, the targeting AI on artillery defaults to only targeting the nearest mob, meaning they all fire at the exact same spot. And because they're so accurate and have such little scatter, any more than, say, 8 artillery guns effectively doesn't increase the kill rate (unless you manually force-fire them one at a time, which is a pain to say the least). Worse yet, this high accuracy with multiple guns means the wasted shots don't just hit empty ground -- they destroy any lootable weapons or corpses that may have been left behind by the dead.

So I just wanted to suggest the idea of a sort of mid-range between the grossly inaccurate mortar and the extremely precise howitzer & artillery. Maybe some sort of short-barreled infantry gun which trades off precision for higher rate of fire? Or a turreted (unmanned) version of the mortar?

PunisheR007

I had recently made the artillery more accurate, i'll be changing it so it's less accurate on the next update which isn't to far away :), since it does fire faster than the vanilla mortars. I'll try make it mid range accurate, somewhere between the howitzer cannon and the vanilla mortar. Or maybe i might make a new faster firing flak cannon with low damage and low accuracy, that would be a nice addition.

123nick

so this also includes the turret package mod? because i have both downloaded and activated, but i dont see any of the new turrets. what are the new turrets anyway? not including howitzer or artillery