Traders don't buy wort

Started by Prologue, June 22, 2019, 05:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prologue

I've played RimWorld for quite some time now and I wonder why taders never seem to be interested in buying wort. Which I think is  a bit strange since pretty much every item in the game can be sold to one or more types of traders.

I also never brew my own beer, so I usually end up just letting it rot away outside, which feels like a bit of a waste.

Limdood

they also won't buy tainted clothes, corpses, bricks, or stone or slag chunks...or unfinished items.

Wort most closely resembles an "unfinished item" - its the transition period between a pile of cloth and a duster.  It's no longer cloth (hops) which can be sold, and it's not yet a finished garment (beer) which can also be sold....it's that unsellable middle stage.

Prologue

I get your point, there will always be some items traders won't buy, and in the case of tainted clothes, corpses, stone / slag chunks I don't mind it so much, these are pretty much trash item. Stone blocks can however be traded with some traders.

Tho I don't see why it being an unfinished product is any reason for traders not to trade in it. By that same reasoning smoke leaves or any kind of raw material would be equally interesting to them.

Shinzy

wort goes bad really fast, they don't like to buy things that don't survive their "trip back"

Prologue

They usually do buy any kind of raw food tho, which also spoils quite fast.

B@R5uk

But cooked meals (except PSM and pemmican) also can't be sold. Not to traiders nor to friendly settlements on the glob.

Bozobub

Er, whut?  When did that change?  I've sold MANY meals to traders of all sorts but it's also been a while ::).
Thanks, belgord!

Canute

B19 or 1.0 not sure.
Yes i didn't that in the past too, made Grilled Steaks (Vegetable garden) out of insect/human meat to keep the cook busy and sold them later to guests/trades.