[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrEvIzE

Thank you so much!!! I foun what I do this weekend!!

Warforyou

Dubwise

nope ignore that research, that mod doesn't use mod tabs for some reason. Use the Rimatomics research bench to access the actual research projects

Techgenius

I love your work. 
All your creations are professionally crafted.
Can you make a robotics plugin? (plenty of free-credited community resources for that) from droids to androids and basic function robots to killer bots, synths, terminators? your elan to modding is something this community needs more.

Jan2607

I wanted to play 2 other games this weekend - plans changed now :D
Thanks for releasing the mod :)
Is it compatible with Turret Collection and Misc. MAI?

Dubwise

Quote from: Techgenius on September 01, 2017, 03:43:26 PM
I love your work. 
All your creations are professionally crafted.
Can you make a robotics plugin? (plenty of free-credited community resources for that) from droids to androids and basic function robots to killer bots, synths, terminators? your elan to modding is something this community needs more.

probably not, working on hygiene and mars now

Dubwise

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 01, 2017, 03:46:32 PM
I wanted to play 2 other games this weekend - plans changed now :D
Thanks for releasing the mod :)
Is it compatible with Turret Collection and Misc. MAI?

no idea about turret collection, MAI robots get their own version of radiation damage to replace radiation poisoning

kaptain_kavern

At first I thought I had misread ;-)    ... A17 ...

Congratulation for the release. It must have been quite some works but sometime it's better to start over.

Thank you for your works

XeoNovaDan

I almost completely forgot about this, but caught it on the 'Unread posts since last visit' section. Bravo!

Time to dive into the numbers I guess, see if I can provide any balance feedback, particularly on the weapons.

Techgenius

You'll be including small-handheld laser weapons on this mod too?

Dubwise

Quote from: Techgenius on September 01, 2017, 04:32:44 PM
You'll be including small-handheld laser weapons on this mod too?

probably not, plenty of other mods do guns, i was focusing on energy weapons that would eat up all the power you can produce from the reactor

Techgenius

It would be pretty amazing though. Learning how to craft your own nuclear-powered energy weapons from what you've learnt, the new turrets looks good, but you're limited to the confines of your base of operations.
Portable fusion-laser weaponry or handheld weapons can be nice alternatives, when you tire of normal pistols, bolt-rifles and assault rifles, as if you were a 20th century marine far into the future. Its like using firelock, muskets nowadays and calling it technological superiority  ;D 

A new tactic I learned when using the portable generator mod was to carry turrets too, setting up a defensible position.
You can make small versions of the new turrets and portable generators? I could still get Skullywags laser weaponry, but that mod integrated with yours, IMO, it would be incredible.

Jan2607

Can you use two researchers to research one Rimatomics technology and one standard technology at the same time? And can you use a multi analyzer next to the Rimatomics research bench?

Dubwise

Quote from: Techgenius on September 01, 2017, 05:38:50 PM
It would be pretty amazing though. Learning how to craft your own nuclear-powered energy weapons from what you've learnt, the new turrets looks good, but you're limited to the confines of your base of operations.
Portable fusion-laser weaponry or handheld weapons can be nice alternatives, when you tire of normal pistols, bolt-rifles and assault rifles, as if you were a 20th century marine far into the future. Its like using firelock, muskets nowadays and calling it technological superiority  ;D 

A new tactic I learned when using the portable generator mod was to carry turrets too, setting up a defensible position.
You can make small versions of the new turrets and portable generators? I could still get Skullywags laser weaponry, but that mod integrated with yours, IMO, it would be incredible.

This isn't really about fusion technology or spacer tech, its about dirty bulky 80s nuclear tech and some contemporary energy weapons, the obelisk is a bit of a stretch but i just really wanted to make one, there is a minified RTG which can produce 500w that could be used to power standard turrets.

Did you know that a fully upgraded railgun has a range of 60 world tiles in every direction allowing you to provide fire support to any caravans or attacking forces, which is safer and more effective than carrying a laser weapon platform and nuclear reactor on the back of a muffalo.

Dubwise

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 01, 2017, 05:52:34 PM
Can you use two researchers to research one Rimatomics technology and one standard technology at the same time? And can you use a multi analyzer next to the Rimatomics research bench?

Each Rimatomics research bench runs independent from each other and the standard research system, so you could have 3 guys researching brewing, 2 guys researching reactors, 1 guy researching radiation suits, 1 guy researching railguns, 2 guys researching the HEL, 1 guy rubbing his belly and 1 guy patting his head, all at the same time, if you have enough benches

oh and the multi analyzer, research reactor and weapons research bench can all be plugged into a Rimatomics research bench at the same time