[mod request] Reminder

Started by tile7, May 11, 2020, 07:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tile7

Hi.
When my colony is close to the caves with a hive, I steal Jelly and sell it. Specially in the early stages.
And optimal time for stealing is between 4:30-5:30AM (depends how close it is). Optimal cause if there are 20 units at 23h, there may be 40 units at 5AM, so not to go twice.

Of course, every other day, I forget about it, and remember once bugs are awaken.
Is there any mod or a workaround through which Rimworld would pause at given time or send letter "Go pickup jelly" or something like that? Letter would be better, then it could be removed after jelly is collected.

I suppose it can be used for other things as well.

tile7

No responses... ok to simplify..
MOD that will pause the game at given time with a letter warning?

Canute

You should take a look at the Rimworld discord channel, there are alot more modder then just here.

I don't think it would be very complicate to create an alarm mod that throw out an emergency notification that pause the game so you have to responce on it.

ethouiche

From what I read in the discord, someone is working on it. Nice.

tile7

Great. How do I find it? I'm not very comfortable on Discord. Looks kind of... messy.

ethouiche

Well he has no ludeon forum account, and you dont go on discord. I guess your common story will never happen. His dev is advancing fast though. You should have your mod soon.

Madara Uchiha

Howdy! I'm the modder in question. @ethouiche let me know about this post and so here I am.

The 1.0 version is ready here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2105399990 -- You can also download the Zip file directly from the GitHub releases if you don't play with Steam.

It's a bit bigger than what I usually do, so bugs are slightly more likely. If you find any, please let me know :).

As mentioned, I am mostly active on Discord, though a comment/thread on the Steam Workshop page (or a GitHub issue) will get my attention as well!

tile7

Thanks a lot. Testing tomorrow.
Found you on discord. And then got lost.
Will let you know.

tile7

Looks perfect  (except to Fluffy :) ), works perfect, missing one thing.
Everyday schedule.

Like, remind me each day at 5AM.

Can enter everyday new reminder after initial one pops up, or make many scheduled, but daily shcedule (or every 2nd day at.. or so) would be more convinient.

Next Load is a fantastic idea. After a pause of a day or two, I usually completely forget what I planned to do.
Maybe I should go see a doctor...

tile7

Entered 04h. Reminder saved at 0.4. ?

Can add minutes? Like 4:30?

Madara Uchiha

No, for performance reasons, the most granular time period is a round hour.

As for recurring reminders, this is the next feature in the pipeline :)

ethouiche

Good job on the first page of most popular mods

tile7

Hi.
Suggestions about a load order?
Cause now, I set up reminder at 3AM and at 2:59 game goes to non responding. And stays like that.
Also, can you connect it to any non steam update mod managers?

Canute

If you want download a workshop mod i suggest to use
Rimpy offline modmanager (latest dev build from discord) together with SteamCMD
But even Rimpy don't auto. update mod's like the steam client would do.

tile7

Hi Canute. Thanks, I have it. I know it doesn't auto update, it's just that Fluffy's mod manager and... KW mod updater (or something like that) tells you from the game that something can be updated. Much more comfortable.
This is not a request, just a suggestion.

Load order or whatever makes the game crashes.. is another topic.