Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mkok

I like the idea of heating up my caves with campfires, but I hate having to constantly rebuild them. So an option to add logs to campfire to keep it burning would be nice  :D

isistoy

Have the ability to condition thoughts by a pawn kind or some race properties. That would be nice for spawning new pawn types with a mood.
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

hector212121

The option to chase raiders off screen--gives a % chance to retrieve kidapped hostages based on your speed-their speed.

MrWiggles

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 28, 2015, 02:54:07 AM
Quote from: MrWiggles on June 28, 2015, 02:35:26 AM
None of that really make sense, since you're omnipresence about the entire map. The alarm, is there for player connivence. Now, if we're saying if the alert system should be woven into the simulation, then makes a lot more sense.
What i mean is that, you need a radar array to see if a raid or visitors are coming until you have that build up you wont know if your gonna die or not. Basically your blind until you have that scanner, radar, thing up and working, so you just have to be more watch full of the area. You'll start off with a cheap one that's not to reliable but will let you know if you have people on the boarder of your little map, then you get a slightly better one, that lets you know if your getting a raid or a visitor, then this is for the players who play till they die, a satellite that you can launch up to orbit instead of leaving the planet. This will give exact detail as to whats coming to you and how big the numbers, the weapons, things of that nature. Tbh i don't like the instant warning, and i want something a little harder as to where you have to look around from time to time.
It'll seem unfair when there is no fog of war. As it'll reward the player to simply just scan the area frequently, as the player scanner the area will be more efficient, since they don't need a radar system.

Introduce fog of war, then needing a radar like device with radar like coverage, and being defeatable like radar, could become very interesting.

But simply removing the alert and replacing it with a radar system is just creating more work.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: MrWiggles on June 28, 2015, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on June 28, 2015, 02:54:07 AM
Quote from: MrWiggles on June 28, 2015, 02:35:26 AM
None of that really make sense, since you're omnipresence about the entire map. The alarm, is there for player connivence. Now, if we're saying if the alert system should be woven into the simulation, then makes a lot more sense.
What i mean is that, you need a radar array to see if a raid or visitors are coming until you have that build up you wont know if your gonna die or not. Basically your blind until you have that scanner, radar, thing up and working, so you just have to be more watch full of the area. You'll start off with a cheap one that's not to reliable but will let you know if you have people on the boarder of your little map, then you get a slightly better one, that lets you know if your getting a raid or a visitor, then this is for the players who play till they die, a satellite that you can launch up to orbit instead of leaving the planet. This will give exact detail as to whats coming to you and how big the numbers, the weapons, things of that nature. Tbh i don't like the instant warning, and i want something a little harder as to where you have to look around from time to time.
It'll seem unfair when there is no fog of war. As it'll reward the player to simply just scan the area frequently, as the player scanner the area will be more efficient, since they don't need a radar system.

Introduce fog of war, then needing a radar like device with radar like coverage, and being defeatable like radar, could become very interesting.

But simply removing the alert and replacing it with a radar system is just creating more work.
This is basically the fog of war i was going off of the idea but i dont think that the radar will see in to building. Add in like a cctv camera so you know whats happening in there.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Nasikabatrachus

It would be nice to be able to assign prisoners to specific rooms through a "Room" tab made available by clicking on any of the beds in a prison room. It would also be nice to be able to assign prisoners to specific beds.

Kegereneku

Vent made of the same material (plus steel) than walls.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Mr.Cross

Seeing as you got rid of the Fertilizer pump, It would be nice to have something to make those watery areas usable. Seeing as anybody who plays on a jungle map will have a hard time with marsh and what not.
Claims to know most things.

Glucke

"snow clear region" button should be extended to "Snow/Grass/trees clear region"

Axelios

^ I would like the trees clear region bit.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Jorlem

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on June 28, 2015, 04:20:14 PM
It would be nice to be able to assign prisoners to specific rooms through a "Room" tab made available by clicking on any of the beds in a prison room. It would also be nice to be able to assign prisoners to specific beds.
Seconded.  (Also, I think I might have brought up a similar idea a few weeks ago.)  It would be especially useful for when I want to put a sick prisoner in a prisoner hospital bed, to help them survive.

mihkelt

Cut the equipment getting broken and any other feature that creates extra micro-management and hassle. The amount of things that need attention is already high.

danjal

I suspect that some if not all of these have been suggested before. But here we go:

1 - Repair/reclaim items.
When crafting a piece of clothing, art or a weapon we already see how it gets transformed into this intermediary state.
How hard would it be to take an existing item and turn it into that intermediary state.
Then based on its durability and quality determine how much "material" it has left.

It would then be possible to either "add material" and patch it up or reclaim the material left in it and covert it into its raw form.
This would enable useless items obtained from raiders to be turned into something more useful outside of a marketable product.

2 - Merchant standards
We're already seeing how prices differ from trader to trader. But as far as I'm aware a trader will take an item regardless of its condition. Intertwined with the suggestion above, a merchant may simply refuse to take on any items below a certain quality level or durability level (and can you blame them?!).
In a similar fashion a slave trader would not be very enthused about taking on a cripple who has already been harvested for organs and is hanging on by a thread.

On the other hand an on-planet trader may be more desperate and be willing to take on items that a spacer would refuse.

3 - Local trade
I've seen this in mods but its apparently not part of the base game.
It shouldn't be too hard to provide a trade popup option when a group is visiting akin to how the com-station does it for a space ship? You'd simply have to approach the "trader" instead of the com-station to initiate the same trade sequence.
Art assets are optional.

It would also make the visits by locals far more logical. Right now they wander in, eat some food and leave again.

4 - Recruitment / retaliation
Why aren't their non-hostile ways to recruit people?
If you make an offer good enough, why would someone become angry?
I'd love to see more diplomatic options in the long run. But a friendly recruitment or someone joining you (chance based) after you saved their lives would be a great and easy to achieve start.

I'm imagining something like the visitors from a local tribe/colony get attacked or injured while on your map. You save them (which gives a reputation boost with that faction) and because the saved person is so grateful they decide to join your team instead (of their own volition and only a small chance based).
On the flipside, some factions may take offense if you refuse to patch up their injured (*perhaps only when you have enough available medicine*) which would result in a rep-hit.

Nasikabatrachus

I'd love it if medicine was used more intelligently by the AI. Right now doctors will try to use glitterworld medicine on wounds like bruises, which, applying common sense, seem like they shouldn't require any medicine at all. Forbidding your glitter medicine so it doesn't get wasted on inconsequential wounds is way too much micromanagement, in my opinion.