Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaemonBlood

Make floor a part of structure and then the options like metal, sterile, wood the same as building walls or doors where you right click and it shows you the options. You have no idea how bad it throws me off that floor has its own section and tearing up floors isn't an order with claim and deconstruction. I can't imagine organizing stuff like that would take long. I also think electric lights should be in power but I can see why they are in furniture.

NeverPire

Let the wood floor burn please.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

DaemonBlood

Oh, also; if it isn't asking too much... Quicksave and Quickload functions. I realize it promotes exploitative behavior in gaming, but at the same time its a single player game and personal choice. I personally am a save scum. I will save the game when the raid warning starts  and make sure my huskies don't die. Or when my starting colonist has a heart attack cause she is 89; i like to save and reload her operation. She may be old, but she is gonna go out a legend.

Thundercraft

A hospital bed has a higher healPerDay than the average bed and has both a ImmunityGainSpeedFactor and a MedicalTendQualityOffset. That's fine and dandy for tending to the sick or wounded. However...

Is it too much to ask that the use of a hospital bed should add... I don't know... at least 3% to the success chance of medical operations?

But, AFAIK, the use of a hospital bed does nothing for operation success. That does not sound right.

NeverPire

Use glitterworld medicine and you will have a 120 % multiplicator operation success chance.
Linked with a level 16 doctor with 100% consciousness, manipulation anv view, it gives 119 % chance of success.
What do you need more ?

Mkok

Make it possible to order construction of snowmen.

I want a snowmen army. The legends say that in the Colony's darkest hour, Sir Percival will rise and lead the army to bring end to the darkness.

NeverPire

Quote from: Mkok on January 14, 2017, 10:50:29 AM
Make it possible to order construction of snowmen.

I want a snowmen army. The legends say that in the Colony's darkest hour, Sir Percival will rise and lead the army to bring end to the darkness.
Snowmen are already automatically crafted by your colonists during their leisure time in snow biomes.

NeverPire

Quote from: CrazyEyes on January 13, 2017, 11:26:14 PM
Can we have more than one sound effect for "a bad thing happened", please? Right now the alert gives as much weight to my doctor failing during surgery and killing my best crafter as it does to a plant dying because of cold or a dog getting food poisoning. At the very least there should be one for plants, one for animals and one for colonists so my heart doesn't stop every time some haygrass is lost.
Really, I would like to see it implemented soon, Rimworld is enough stressful like that.

Mkok

Quote from: NeverPire on January 14, 2017, 01:37:26 PM
Snowmen are already automatically crafted by your colonists during their leisure time in snow biomes.

What I meant is the ability to build them manually (and where I want them). Imagine raiders assaulting your base walking through an army of snowmen. Each and everyone of them is starring at the raiders. This has to drive them mad!

Also, would it be too much trouble to add a brain implant that removes the "incapable of" traits from a pawn?

NeverPire

Quote from: Mkok on January 14, 2017, 05:04:26 PM
Also, would it be too much trouble to add a brain implant that removes the "incapable of" traits from a pawn?
I'm just a user, but it looks really gamebreaker.
However, some spinal column exoskeleton would be nice in my opinion.

Thundercraft

Quote from: NeverPire on January 14, 2017, 09:03:22 AMUse glitterworld medicine and you will have a 120 % multiplicator operation success chance.
Linked with a level 16 doctor with 100% consciousness, manipulation anv view, it gives 119 % chance of success.
What do you need more ?

Not all colonies have access to glitterworld medicine or a doctor with a l33t medicine skill. And even those that do could suffer a setback, like having your best doctor die from an attack or disease or a loss of your stock of glitterworld medicine and no traders in sight to get more.

Besides, a 3% bonus isn't asking for much. That's the same pitiful bonus for having sterile tiles for the hospital floor.

It just feels a bit immersion breaking that having hospital equipment like hospital beds and vitals monitors does not improve operation success chance at all. Players tend to assume it does, until they find out otherwise.

NeverPire

For percentage calculation about surgery, just look at this video.
I find this guy explain well the mechanisms implicated .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q4td8g5dQE

monoelain

It's probably been suggested before, but crops ought to have different temperature tolerances. As it is now, every crop can be grown as long as it's growing season and the soil has a sufficient fertility rating. Mushroom and fungus plants should grow year around and require very little light and low fertility, flowers and smokeleaf should be extremely temperature sensitive and would require a temperature controlled hydroponic room to be grown in some climates, potato should have high temperature tolerance while corn and rice flourish in hotter environs. I think it's unrealistic that if you are in a temperate forest, you can farm every crop. In real life, some of the most valuable commodities on earth are crops that only can only grow under extreme conditions.

I think it's too easy to farm cash crops like psychoid plants too. A single harvest can yield hundreds of doses of flake. Nerfing psychoid plants to require a narrow temperature range (around 35-45) would also give incentive to settle in rainforest and desert biomes.

Not sure if this is already ingame, but fertility ought to decrease slightly around mountains/rocky areas. would nerf mountain bases by making them a bit further away from their food source and force early investment in hydroponics.

also, berry bushes should die in the winter. I've kept my colony going in the winter just harvesting natural berries. I don't know if natural berries have a higher food poisoning chance, but I haven't noticed it.

thanks for listening.

DARK3063

tusk shiv/sword

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

tocsin1990

Quote from: NeverPire on January 13, 2017, 04:43:50 PM
Mountain bases have already too many benefits, meteorits like explained increase much more their benefits compared with normal one.

I mean, if we are looking to nerf mountain bases, just creating a red level event "Earthquake" that randomly causes overhead mountain roofs to collapse, like maybe 1/8 of them in an earthquake, would raise the challenge significantly.