Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorbane

Planting and harvesting jobs should be issued in batches, to avoid things like 6 colonists running halfway across the colony because some 10 plants have reached maturity.

gendalf

caravans:
- Would make sense to make animals with "haul" ability trained to be able to carry things for caravans, like get an load up an elephant with stuff.
- Maybe add ability to mount animals? I was all excited until I've seen that 1300 Pemmican, 50 simple meals and 500 animal food will only last for 8 days and it will take 7 days to reach the nearest camp... It made me nope out of the whole caravan idea.

general UI:
- Hotkeys for "i", "social", "train", "needs", "health"; When managing a bill "i" hotkey should show the item, not the workbench.
- add a proper RPG-style inventory for people, to see easily which clothing slots are empty and which are filled.

info window UI:
- Add an "effects" category to the info of all drugs, to see easily what they do.
- make materials, which a thing is made of, clickable, to go to the material page from the thing's page.
- add a proper quick summary describing what properties of that item or furniture materials, which it is made of, affect: like for the armchairs: "material: affects color"; for the walls: "material: affects durability, color".
- add more info on how the price of the item is generated; something like "base price" * "material multiplier" * "quality" * "wear"....

bills UI:
- add hover over for the materials list, with proper quick summary with numbers with all of the properties each material affects.

EZ

Mood buffs for colonists who overcome addiction? also possibility of colonists being afraid of or enjoying storms?
O.C.D Constructor

b0rsuk

AlleeCat

I posted this as a separate thread, but I feel like an editable "Colonist Job" field would probably take at most an hour, maybe hour and a half to program in.

They already have editable colonist nicknames, why not a similar thing for colonist job titles?

Supermaccas

i just have a few ideas
A wheelchair (to use when a colonist loses legs pelvis or other types of body parts.)
Some sort of canteen (so prisoners can eat without colonists needing to go inside the prison
A prison door to help keep prisoners inside)
Kangaroo as an animal (is fast and will fight back)
Paths (that make walking outside faster)
A bookshelf and bookworm trait. (bookshelf let colonists read books which increases their research skill and bookworms gain comfort from having a bookshelf in their room and have fun while reading)
not many but i think their good ideas

also are colonists able to give birth? if not can you add that?

vladvorkocz

1. Build own droids who could help in harvesting crops,hunt small animals,transport goods,clean colony. Droids could be fueled or charged by batteries,built using basic (metal+components+wood) or unique elements (components+supermental+uranium),can malfunction/broke,possible upgreades with unique elements like; bigger guns,more transport goods capacity,better batteries. Something like "droid creation table" where colonists can build/repair/upgreade droid.
Droids could sold in parts or as fully functional units. Could be awesome to sent only droids as caravan.

2.Traps for animals. Closed farms for animals !!

3.Fishes in ponds/water. (and also fish farming/selling fish goods)

4.More complex research tree.

VonDarlock

I'm new to the game but what strikes me is there's no training dummies to shoot at or to hit with a club to train up your combat skills.

Marduk

Here's a really cheap one:
The most obvious thing missing in the drug system...
Painkillers!
Both weak ones, to set on schedule for people with painful scars and illnesses, and strong stuff for the heavily wounded, possibly in variants that differ in addictivness\side effects, crappy painkillers would lower consciousness stat a lot...

Barazen

Quote from: VonDarlock on January 11, 2017, 01:09:22 PM
I'm new to the game but what strikes me is there's no training dummies to shoot at or to hit with a club to train up your combat skills.

Maybe not train up but stop or slow skill decay?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

dv

Quote from: VonDarlock on January 11, 2017, 01:09:22 PM

Draft the pawn and go have it kill animals in the woods. You get training XP and meat.

Thyme

Barazen, we already have the PainStopper. Quite the same, except no downsides. Clearly a must have for scarred depressive Pawns.

And a joywire, which messes with your consciousness.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Zebukin

Little fun idea: colonist can cut some wool from wild mooffalo/alpaca/megasloth once a year if he will feed him with something yummy and have at least 6 skill. With a chance of attack of course. No pain, no gain. But nice for the survival.

Zebukin

Another two. Mod-tabs, or modlist separator.
Many ppl use mods. From 20 to 200 i think.
It will be much useful if I can separate them in the list. And shrink blocks.
So I can sort em more accurate.

And I prefer static modlist: when I check off mod, it will not go in the end of list like it happens now. It will stay on the same position. Just because. If I not delete it manually, it means, I plan to use it. Really. Some mods are use same or similar ideas, so I need to test them together and separately. Sometimes it there is no difference what order of mods, but in this case I don`t want to see big window «Mods are in tne different order, was blahblahblah and now blahblah». I want to see short «mods are the same but order the different. Want to continue? Yes/No/Read More». I know! I just change the modlist. No need to expose all list. I can`t even copy it in the buffer or save old list as config file (see the next). Also buttons Y/N/More should take keyboard inputs: Y or Enter / N or Escape / M for more

Also modpack simple files. txt-file that contains for each row: Modname /1 (or 0 for off)
So I can save this file and easily and give it to someone as modpack register, or just switch to another modpack. Easy to read, easy to store, easy to share!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

b0rsuk

Make harvested potatoes not flammable.