RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

immoral_

Quote from: Coenmcj on January 08, 2015, 06:09:05 AM
if so, will the cost be static, or dynamic depending on the weapon repaired and how damaged it was prior to repairs?

Another way to do it could possibly make the cost ever increasing each time you repair that particular tool.

I.e. you can only duct tape a tool together so many times before it's just completely duct tape.

Geertje123

"Colonists will now ignore previous reservations when choosing fires to put out if the fire is close to them."

Ohhh god yes, finally :D

Mihsan

QuoteJan 8

Changed gun names to refer to categories of weapon instead of specific models.
    Guns now have quality levels which affect accuracy.
    Added bad thought for wearing tattered clothes.
    Apparel wears out over very long periods of use.

Changelog from Jan 8 is a huge step forward. I can not describe my excitement.

Also waiting for some way to repair damaged apparel and weapons. And also some way to craft firearms. IMO this is oblivious next steps.

P.S.: Is the quality of weapon should not affect the damage also?
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Evul

Personaly i think accruasy and range to be the only params that will be effected by a damaged weapon.

Mihsan

Quote from: Evul on January 08, 2015, 04:06:57 PM
Personaly i think accruasy and range to be the only params that will be effected by a damaged weapon.

Bumping range with quality is nice too.

I can understand why changing damage is bad (could be real pain to balance because it will change efficiency exponentially), but it is still reasonable for me.

Also could be nice to have some official version on how weapon's properties should change with quality. Because such change is pretty oblivious with mellee items, but not so oblivious with firearms. Is it about sights beign off? Is it about more straight barrel? It's getting more strange, when I am thinking about it.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Dr. Z

QuoteColonists will now ignore previous reservations when choosing fires to put out if the fire is close to them.

Reeeeeaaaaly good. Should be applied to almost all kind of jobs.
Prasie the Squirrel!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: immoral_ on January 08, 2015, 07:36:06 AM
Quote from: Coenmcj on January 08, 2015, 06:09:05 AM
if so, will the cost be static, or dynamic depending on the weapon repaired and how damaged it was prior to repairs?

Another way to do it could possibly make the cost ever increasing each time you repair that particular tool.

I.e. you can only duct tape a tool together so many times before it's just completely duct tape.

Yeah, but the Mythbusters have shown, repeatedly, that you can make most things out of duct tape. Why not guns?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

harpo99999

wasn't there a mythbusters episode where they made a CANON from plastic pipe and duct tape and fired it successfully?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: harpo99999 on January 09, 2015, 01:40:04 AM
wasn't there a mythbusters episode where they made a CANON from plastic pipe and duct tape and fired it successfully?

Sooner or later they would need an episode to debunk myths on whether or not they did an episode on something :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Sir_Aroun

So can someone answer some questions?
How much food is need per paste meal?
Is paste immune to food poisoning?

Dr. Z

Quote from: Sir_Aroun on January 09, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

A Nutrient Paste Dispenser needs 10 food per meal, and 9 if you research Nutrient Resynthesis. As far as I know there is currently no food poisoning in the game.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Sir_Aroun

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 09, 2015, 12:27:00 PM
Quote from: Sir_Aroun on January 09, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

A Nutrient Paste Dispenser needs 10 food per meal, and 9 if you research Nutrient Resynthesis. As far as I know there is currently no food poisoning in the game.
I was talking about the change log
also how much for simple meal because I know that paste is cheaper the meals

milon

Currently no one but Tynan will know about NPD & food poisoning.

For the numbers related to cooking, see this thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7573.0

Sir_Aroun

Quote from: milon on January 09, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
Currently no one but Tynan will know about NPD & food poisoning.

For the numbers related to cooking, see this thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7573.0

It is not updated to A8

Ink.

QuoteJan 9

You can now rescue incapacitated neutral people and heal them. Their faction will be appreciative.

(its-happening.gif)

This is awesome.