[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Jaxxa

The basics of it is that you load people / resources into the Stargate. Then Dial out.

Then on the same map or a new map you press dial in and they should all appear around the Stargate.

hoochy

Anyone here who uses the Vegetable Garden mod, or any growing based mods can make them work with PLANT24H relatively easily.

In Alpha 13 the "PlantBase" and all "bases" don't need to be redefined in every mod, they are global in nature now. So as long as PLANT24H is loaded first, or above other garden mods, you can make them work with it pretty easily by going into the mod and removing the "PlantBase" definition in them. This will then force them to use the PLANT24H "PlantBase" and therefore they will work properly. Hope this helps anyone.

laser_man6

Quote from: Jaxxa on May 12, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
The basics of it is that you load people / resources into the Stargate. Then Dial out.

Then on the same map or a new map you press dial in and they should all appear around the Stargate.

thanks! oh and there is a bug:

step 1 : click "add resources" then save and exit save, try to load save, sont work :[

OutrideGaming

Hey,

I'm running the Mega Mod Pack by Crusader2010. Here's a link:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19800.0

I've got a problem with the coolers. They all are invisible when I try to place them, but the game recognizes it's there. Then when a colonists builds it, it disappears. It's odd, and thought I'd share this. If I disable the mod, it works. If I use the mod on its own, it works. Any Ideas?
"I'm like the Boeing 757-223 from Angola"

I'm a rising youtuber and would love it if you could give me a chance!
Youtube: /Outridegaming
Twitter: @OutrideGaming (not very-well updated :p)

Currently looking for skilled graphics designers for a logo and/or intro for the youtube channel! :D Pm me

Zorathex

You need to mention in the description that shields don't work against modded weapons.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Zorathex on May 18, 2016, 06:56:33 PM
You need to mention in the description that shields don't work against modded weapons.

They do though. Unless you're using Combat Realism or Rimsenal's Crucible weapons because the projectiles move too fast for the shield to register that they exist.

Zorathex

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 18, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

They do though. Unless you're using Combat Realism or Rimsenal's Crucible weapons because the projectiles move too fast for the shield to register that they exist.

I'm currently using CR, CR defence, High caliber with it's combat realism patch, Skullywag's plama, laser, gauss, and Flame weapons, and all Rimsenal mods, so that would explain it.

joaonunes

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 18, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

Shit. Im using CR... Shields no longer a viable strategy :/
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Quote from: hoochy on May 12, 2016, 01:32:38 AMIn Alpha 13 the "PlantBase" and all "bases" don't need to be redefined in every mod, they are global in nature now.

Please do not pass around bad information.  Modders already need to deal with enough guess work and reverse-engineering of core data and code.  Abstracts in xml are NOT global.  Each mod MUST define their own abstracts.

Do your research.

Checked and confirmed with Tynan.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.