RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaras

Is there an estimated time for this awesomeness?

Dran

So with this new system is there going to be a night owl trait if there isn't already one? Not only should we have a trait were one prefers being up at night but maybe one were one specifically hates Mondays and gets like -5 mood every Monday. And superstitious colonist that refuse to do any work on Friday the 13th but maybe that is oddly specific.

Dr. Z

A month has twelve days, ten in the next Alpha, so Friday the 13th would be difficult  ;)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dran

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 26, 2015, 10:45:30 AM
A month has twelve days, ten in the next Alpha, so Friday the 13th would be difficult  ;)

Maybe Tynan is superstitious? lol Or make it 7th of the month? I dunno throwing out random ideas.

b0rsuk

So sieges now have a time limit, after which they just attack the colony. Changelog says it's randomized. Can't it instead be based on pirates running out of artillery shells ? They're getting them dropped from the orbit, but maybe they wouldn't have infinite supply. This would have the added benefit of encouraging daring behavior, like sneaking in the night and stealing their mortar shells.

MisterVertigo

Or sniping them and have them explode! ::)
Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 07:16:22 AM
So sieges now have a time limit, after which they just attack the colony. Changelog says it's randomized. Can't it instead be based on pirates running out of artillery shells ? They're getting them dropped from the orbit, but maybe they wouldn't have infinite supply. This would have the added benefit of encouraging daring behavior, like sneaking in the night and stealing their mortar shells.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Dr. Z

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 07:16:22 AM

Good idea, but I think you are a bit ahead of the game as light levels have no influence on sight and perception radius atm if I'm correct and I don't think this will come in the near future.

But I agree that giving the raiders only limited supply of shells would be a good idea. Maybe a randomized number of maximal supply drops they can get so the player can't be sure how long they will attack him.
Prasie the Squirrel!

keylocke

-Added timetables designer so you can assign activities to each colonist per-hour.
-Colonists now attempt to optimize their own apparel by automatically switching to apparel which has greater health, is higher quality, or is more suited to the season, within the parameters of their assigned outfit.

woah~ nice ones.
-it would be great if you can repair apparel though. (ie : using a fraction of it's crafting cost), like a bill or something.

QuoteRenamed fun back to joy

why not : lulz or lols or cheers or lark or farce or chill or fun or droll? (or whatever) i like fun.
it's kinda hard to fit "joy" in a sentence that doesn't make the speaker sound like a dork.

at least, i can't even..

--------------

anyways, awesome updates. will relationships be part of a10?

Boboid

Quote from: keylocke on March 30, 2015, 11:11:04 PM
it's kinda hard to fit "joy" in a sentence that doesn't make the speaker sound like a dork.

I'm deriving genuine joy from screwing with you right now.

In all seriousness though Joy is a bit closer to "Fulfillment" or "Satisfaction" which mechanically is how the system works to some degree - Colonists increasing their "Joy" meter by say.. tailoring, isn't quite the same as having " Fun ".

While some people might actually find the act of sewing to be as enjoyable as say.. a standup comedian I'm willing to bet that most people would describe hobbies or professions that they enjoy as fulfilling rather than fun.

Joy kinda covers both sides while also being understandable, watching TV or playing ping-pong might be fun/bring joy, creating art or sowing plants may be a challenging/fulfilling act or may be fun depending on who you are.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Tynan

Yeah. It also has to cover eating chocolate, sex (at least if that ever gets added), or getting drunk or high.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on March 31, 2015, 01:24:14 AM
Yeah. It also has to cover eating chocolate, sex (at least if that ever gets added), or getting drunk or high.

And combinations thereof. Sex while eating chocolate, drunk and/or high while having sex, high on chocolate, etc.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

skullywag

So you have 2 pawn reservations now. So im guessing 2 pawns will have to reserve a bed for sex (little bit traditional but hey) otherwise its threesomes only as theyll both reserve another pawn...or can they reserve each other....god the things this game makes me say...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: skullywag on March 31, 2015, 04:16:59 AM
So you have 2 pawn reservations now. So im guessing 2 pawns will have to reserve a bed for sex (little bit traditional but hey) otherwise its threesomes only as theyll both reserve another pawn...or can they reserve each other....god the things this game makes me say...

"Hey, there's Emmie. I'm reserving her."
"Hey, I saw her first!"
"Let's just share."

Probably not, huh?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 31, 2015, 04:54:12 AM
Quote from: skullywag on March 31, 2015, 04:16:59 AM

"Hey, there's Emmie. I'm reserving her."
"Hey, I saw her first!"
"Let's just share."

Probably not, huh?

Poor Emmie's been through so much. Can't you just have 'er cook you a meal or something?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

skullywag

She can reserve the stove while I reserve her.....*ahem*.....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?