If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew hallard

oh i got it working now! sorry i have been afk for a while but i looked it up and i didnt properly uninstall all the files :P so i did that and it works fine! thanks for the help sorry you had to put up with my dumb ass.

Andrash

Пожалуйста помогите найти modconfig, в системе os X Yosemite 10.10.4?
Please help to find modconfig, os X Yosemite 10.10.4?

Anonemous2

Quote from: Tynan on July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM
Getting a black screen on startup, or the game won't run properly? Try these steps!

1. MAC ONLY: Re-extract the game with the default .zip extractor program. Other programs often extract the files with heavy permission restrictions, which prevents the game from running. (if you know how, you can also chmod 644 the whole install folder).

2. Try disabling virus protection programs (they occasionally flag RimWorld as a virus and kill it, since it was downloaded from the Internet).

3. Maybe bad or old config data is screwing with you. Reset your config by deleting the old files. Delete all files in the RimWorld config/save data folder. The folder location is different depending on your operating system:

Windows        C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config (On Windows, the AppData folder may be hidden.)
MacUsers/[username]/library/Application Support/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
Users/[username]/library/Caches/RimWorld/Config
Linux/home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config

4. Your RimWorld install itself may be corrupted somehow. Delete the entire RimWorld install folder and re-install the game from a newly downloaded zip file as described in this thread.

5. Make sure you didn't install the game on a path with special characters, like #, $ or accented letters. Try installing in C:/RimWorld.

6. WINDOWS ONLY: Make sure all available Windows Updates have been downloaded and installed.

Thanks for the support, now my game works again, :D, step 3 worked for me.

Youtube_GamersCorner

I have an intel i5 processor with intergrated hd 4000 (its shit ) and my rim world goes black

I have tried the finding the LowLows folder but its not there (i can find appdata)

8)
Thanks any help???

Demondrop120

I'm having problems with using mods. I run a windows 10 laptop and got RimWorld to work on it after a good few minutes, yet whenever i try to apply mods on the options menu, it crashes and wont do anything but sit on the picture, without any buttons or details other than the planet, is there anything I can do other than play vanilla?

Anonemous2

Quote from: Demondrop120 on August 16, 2015, 04:42:16 PM
I'm having problems with using mods. I run a windows 10 laptop and got RimWorld to work on it after a good few minutes, yet whenever i try to apply mods on the options menu, it crashes and wont do anything but sit on the picture, without any buttons or details other than the planet, is there anything I can do other than play vanilla?

Have you tried using different mods, I sometimes have that problem when I use a old mod, Try applying each mod one at a time until you find the one that crashes the game.

csducks

Im having the black screen of doom. Tried to run a few mods, program hung up then dumped to a picture of the background with no buttons. Deleted the game folder and installed with out mods and tried running, nothing. Deleted the config files and ran and still nothing

msgunner501

For some reason, my game will not get past the black screen. After messing with mods and somehow breaking the game, I deleted everything and redownloaded the game from the email you first get it in. Now i have nothing but the core game redownloaded but it still wont get past the black screen. What do i do?

UPDATE: i have fixed this. I just missed deleting the config ( i thought i did but i was wrong)

csducks

I have hidden files showed and Ive looked throughout my computer and I am unable to find the ludeon appdata file

isistoy

Quote from: csducks on August 18, 2015, 12:12:24 AM
I have hidden files showed and Ive looked throughout my computer and I am unable to find the ludeon appdata file

If you are using Windows 7/8/10, you can find Rimworld local folder with this (replace <username> with your Windows login name):
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Coolpey

I was playing Rimworld for a couple of hours, and once I had a good colony I decided to try and download mods, like a doof I enabled all of them and returned to the main menu, It then froze and went black, it has been like this for 1 day and I am losing my mind because I cannot find the answer to this B.S

I have the output log, I have tried reinstalling 5 times now and it still keeps going back to the black screen, I have also tried to delete the config file but it seems to be in a different place then what the help guide says it is at, mine is in a "Mono" Folder.

Any help will be appreciated, before I shoot my computer.

[attachment deleted due to age]

isistoy

Mods can be activated/deactivated with the help of this file:

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config/ModsConfig.xml

You might want to edit that file and make sure that
Core is the only one active

Coolpey

Alright I was able to fix it with your help, but I was not sure how to disable the mods so I just deleted all of them accept the core one, it fixed the problem though, thanks a lot.

isistoy

Glad it helped.
Now you start from a clean position and you can install mods back.

Just make sure to read instructions/incompatibilities given by modders themselves, on their mod pages.
In any case, you will know where to look at, if any more trouble with one of them.
Just copy/paste modsconfig.xml before editing, clean up the real one from mods (keeping Core), then add mods one by one back to the game, is a sort of process for safe activation or debug.

ranger22550

just had this issue for the first time since i got this game and my antivirus told me that Assembly-CSharp.dll,Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll,and Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll were not safe and were removed. then looked at my like it wanted a treat for doing a good job  >:(, i then proceeded to pimp-slap it and told it to never do that again thought youd want to know. wasnt even for a valid reason just cause its unknown ws.rep coded it and removed it