[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

notfood

You just need any bed set to medical to rescue escape pods, if you want to capture, you need a room with the beds set to prisoner. No extra tech needed.

Havan_IronOak

Just finished researching Defense I... Parapets (Like sandbags but...better?)  Can someone fill me in?

Also fences don't keep out deer (or tarantulas?)

Finally, Stonecutting Tweak is not included in the SK Global modpack. I added it at the bottom of my list and it seems to work fine with everything else. The tweak allows you to specify production goals by stone type so it's possible to set up one bill for granite blocks and another for limestone.  Rather than sharing a common stone blocks goal. That way neither interferes with the other.  I suggest that it be considered for inclusion in the next release if ItchyFlea doesn't mind.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: notfood on July 03, 2016, 11:04:32 AM
...  you require Crafting I to get the hand tailoring workbench. It's pretty much available right from the start.

Grrrr!  One can make clothing on the Tailor's Loom!!!  It can even make stuff out of wood!
I thought that that was only for turning cotton et al into cloth.

The Loom is doing the trick but I WAS surprised that so many recipes (like pants) took components.  I'm guessing that this is a balance thing.

LetheNyx

omg seriously this pack STILL doesn't have the newest hospitality update so every faction ends up hating me for people who supposedly go missing on my map except they exit all happy and healthy....

notfood

Havan_IronOak

Fleas?

Since I started using this mod pack I've twice seen the incident that fleas were found in my colony.  There is no "Jump to" option as there often is with incidents.  I've looked and can't spot any actual fleas (I'm guessing that they're something like the mosquitoes)  Do they exist and are there any practical effects or is this just added flavor?

Kirinya

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 05, 2016, 09:21:13 AM
Fleas?

Since I started using this mod pack I've twice seen the incident that fleas were found in my colony.  There is no "Jump to" option as there often is with incidents.  I've looked and can't spot any actual fleas (I'm guessing that they're something like the mosquitoes)  Do they exist and are there any practical effects or is this just added flavor?

Flees and mosquitos always spawn in one of the bedrooms of your colony (can be prison rooms too).
They are physically in the room and are relevant because they can transfer diseases (Malaria) when being near a sleeping prisoner.

Shushei

With A13 I have problem locating "luxury crops" for the best avaible Meal (Luxury Meal)

I remmeber in A12 it was Onion. But Now I have onions and most of crops really but my chefs ( with high enough skill) still doesnt want to make luxury meals. Anyone know which crops are Luxury ? ( In the bill tab theres luxury category but when I open it its " empty" )

caesius

LetheNyx

I've also run into an issue where if I'm attacked my Norbals or whatever new race if I capture them they just slowly starve to death because my wardens won't feed them or interact with them at all.

squirrel gnut

I downloaded this mod today and didnt realize that the Core was part of the download. I can no longer play game with any other mods. I bought the game in alpha 13 and didnt realize that the mod is for 12d. Anyway I can get alpha 13 back? Thanks!

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: squirrel gnut on July 05, 2016, 03:59:45 PM
I downloaded this mod today and didnt realize that the Core was part of the download. I can no longer play game with any other mods. I bought the game in alpha 13 and didnt realize that the mod is for 12d. Anyway I can get alpha 13 back? Thanks!

This mod pack runs fine under 13 provided you install all the bits and follow the directions in the first post carefully.

However,  If you want to run the vanilla alpha build, you can just disable all the mods but the core, no? Of course you may need to begin with a new world and colony.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Kirinya on July 05, 2016, 10:17:26 AM
...Flees and mosquitos always spawn in one of the bedrooms of your colony (can be prison rooms too).
They are physically in the room and are relevant because they can transfer diseases (Malaria) when being near a sleeping prisoner.

Hadn't made the malaria connection, yet but I did figure out how to find the critters. I used the hunt tool and just "swept" it through my entire compound.  And you were right. The only places with an infestation was in one bedroom and the clinic.

Havan_IronOak

Two minor beefs with this mod-pack... one I've found and fixed and one that I'm a bit afraid to mess with.

1) In the Core_SK Items_Meals_SK.xml file Jerky is tagged as "fine" rather than as a simple meal and it gets picked by my colonists over my "fine" meals.  I changed the preferability to simple and that solved my problem.  I think that this should be incorporated into the Core_SK next time around.

2) The Tailoring Bench and the Tailoring Loom seem to have had their names swapped based on my real world understanding of such things.  The Tailoring Loom is now available as an unpowered unit and can be used to craft garments from furs etc. The Tailoring Bench is only available in a powered variety and is used to turn Cotton into cloth.

Personally I'd like to see the names switched and for there to be an unpowered version of the machine that makes cloth from raw cotton (Call it a Spinning Wheel if you will)

Shushei

Yo ! A super strange bug . Anyone know if its fixable ? Check screenshot .

The Problem : On top left corner of the map theres a mass spawning of samoyeds. I tried killing them all with Dev Tools, and they just keep spawning and then after a sec they leave map. It slows my game pretty much alot and its annoing. Anyone one know if I can play with save file to delete this abomination ?

I also tried to put a 21x21 rock over them . . . They just kept spawning although they jumped through rock to nearest posible space.
I tried exploding all of them with Bomb , didnt work either ( since new ones just keep apearing like 40 per sec )

P.S. My sister is going to get Samoyed and shes talking about them 24/7 and now this happens WTF DOES IT MEAN ?! XD

*EDIT 1 - Nvm I Fixed it ( Deleted Qued incidents for traveler group in my save file. On load Samoyeds were there but they stopped spawning and just went away )

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]