[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: Nanao-kun on September 12, 2016, 11:38:36 PM
Is there anyway to disable the "Colonist Keys: Place/Group" function?
The easiest way is to do that is by going into Options->Keyboard configuration, go into the section 'Colonist Selection Keys' and set all entries to 'none' (right-click -> clear)

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Haplo on September 13, 2016, 05:59:38 AM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on September 12, 2016, 11:38:36 PM
Is there anyway to disable the "Colonist Keys: Place/Group" function?
The easiest way is to do that is by going into Options->Keyboard configuration, go into the section 'Colonist Selection Keys' and set all entries to 'none' (right-click -> clear)

Okay, thanks.

dragonregure

I have some issue here..

So i downloaded all the mods except map generator and object..
i try load the game, but it cant, ah okay i will just simply make a new game..

But the issue is here, when i make a new game and the builder want to build something (ex:Fueled generator), the requirement material is 25 wood..?
then i try to look at other buildables, its all same! only require 25 wood??? I try to remove the Mod and all become normal again.. any sugestions?  :-\

14m1337

which other mods are you using ? I've read of this more often in the last few days...
I can say that I also downloaded Misc.AI some minutes ago, activated it and had no problem, so I conclude that there's another mod messing with Misc.AI - one that I do not use.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Adventurer

Hello Haplo. There is a conflict with the Naked ThoughtDef with the mod Psychology and Misc Robots. Would it be possible for robots to not consider themselves Naked without modifying this ThoughtDef?

dragonregure

Quote from: 14m1337 on September 13, 2016, 06:02:03 PM
which other mods are you using ? I've read of this more often in the last few days...
I can say that I also downloaded Misc.AI some minutes ago, activated it and had no problem, so I conclude that there's another mod messing with Misc.AI - one that I do not use.

So you say that the conflicted mod its just Misc AI mod?
you can see my mods at picture below, curently the Misc is not active

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

14m1337

Quote from: dragonregure on September 13, 2016, 08:05:12 PM

Part A: the search for the messing-up mod
1) deactivate all mods
2) start a new game
3) check for errors: no error=continue with step 4; error: start part B
4) end game
5) activate next mod
6) repeat starting at 2)

Part B: is the mod messing up on it's own, or are there conflicts with other mods ?
1) end your current game
2) deactivate the first mod in your active mod list (skip CORE of course...)
3) start new game
4) check for the error: still present = continue with 5); not present any more = continue with part C
5) end game
6) repeat starting at 2)

Part C: proofing your results
1) end current game
2) re-activate the mod that you deactivated last
3) de-activate all mods between the mods that you identified in parts A and B
4) start a new game
5) check for the error
6a) error still present: report the issues to the makers of the identified mods
6b) error "gone": you now should have understood the system of identifying error-producing mods. just let the two already identified mods be activated, and add the "between"-mods one after another until you encounter the error again. as soon as you're sure to have indentified the group of mods that causes your troubles, inform the mod makers. they surely will try to reproduce your issue.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

dragonregure

Quote from: 14m1337 on September 14, 2016, 03:04:49 AM
Quote from: dragonregure on September 13, 2016, 08:05:12 PM

Part A: the search for the messing-up mod
1) deactivate all mods
2) start a new game
3) check for errors: no error=continue with step 4; error: start part B
4) end game
5) activate next mod
6) repeat starting at 2)

Part B: is the mod messing up on it's own, or are there conflicts with other mods ?
1) end your current game
2) deactivate the first mod in your active mod list (skip CORE of course...)
3) start new game
4) check for the error: still present = continue with 5); not present any more = continue with part C
5) end game
6) repeat starting at 2)

Part C: proofing your results
1) end current game
2) re-activate the mod that you deactivated last
3) de-activate all mods between the mods that you identified in parts A and B
4) start a new game
5) check for the error
6a) error still present: report the issues to the makers of the identified mods
6b) error "gone": you now should have understood the system of identifying error-producing mods. just let the two already identified mods be activated, and add the "between"-mods one after another until you encounter the error again. as soon as you're sure to have indentified the group of mods that causes your troubles, inform the mod makers. they surely will try to reproduce your issue.

is there any mod in my list that in your mod too? so im not double checking that mod.

Dellamorte

My bet is on one of Izzys's mods, I have had trouble with them in the past so I no longer use them.

Haplo

Quote from: Adventurer on September 13, 2016, 06:26:52 PM
Hello Haplo. There is a conflict with the Naked ThoughtDef with the mod Psychology and Misc Robots. Would it be possible for robots to not consider themselves Naked without modifying this ThoughtDef?
This is the easiest way for me to do that. The alternate is that I inject the robot into the thought Def manually when the robot is spawned. I can do that, but didn't for now as I wasn't aware of conflicts.
Easiest for you right now is just to load Psychology after robots. This will overwrite the robots part and they'll be naked again, but it isn't that much of a problem anyway.

Quote from: dragonregure on September 13, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
I have some issue here..

But the issue is here, when i make a new game and the builder want to build something (ex:Fueled generator), the requirement material is 25 wood..?
then i try to look at other buildables, its all same! only require 25 wood??? I try to remove the Mod and all become normal again.. any sugestions?  :-\
Sorry I am unaware how that can happen at all. I'm pretty sure that none of my mods actively change these things, so it can only a interconnected problem with another mod. But I'm unaware of which mod can do something like that.. This sounds like all the defs are changed to these values.. Which ThingDef needs these exact values to be built?
Btw did you restart your game after activating the mod and before loading the savegame? If you don't restart previously these kind of problem can also happen..

Haiys

I also get the same problem. I tried loading Misc. Core at the top of the list and robot and xtension below. Reloaded the game countless times but everything costs 25 wood to make. Currently running (from top to bottom):
Misc core
Core
Edb prepare carefully
Mad skills
Hospitality
Minituarization
Brain mod
Infused
Less rebuff
Quality Builder
Tilled soil
Moar Vanilla Turret
Wandering caravans
High caliber
Doormat
Blue prints
Animal tab
Robot (Haplo mod)
Xtension (Haplo mod)
EPOE

Game worked fine without the Misc core and robot and xtension mod. Really wanna try out my custom robots.

dragonregure

Quote from: Haplo on September 15, 2016, 09:56:44 AM
Quote from: Adventurer on September 13, 2016, 06:26:52 PM
This is the easiest way for me to do that. The alternate is that I inject the robot into the thought Def manually when the robot is spawned. I can do that, but didn't for now as I wasn't aware of conflicts.
Easiest for you right now is just to load Psychology after robots. This will overwrite the robots part and they'll be naked again, but it isn't that much of a problem anyway.

Quote from: dragonregure on September 13, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
I have some issue here..

Sorry I am unaware how that can happen at all. I'm pretty sure that none of my mods actively change these things, so it can only a interconnected problem with another mod. But I'm unaware of which mod can do something like that.. This sounds like all the defs are changed to these values.. Which ThingDef needs these exact values to be built?
Btw did you restart your game after activating the mod and before loading the savegame? If you don't restart previously these kind of problem can also happen..

Somehow it back to normal if i not using Robots mod, MAI Mod, and Incident Mod.
But yeah, i want a robot too!  ;D

Haplo

Update Time:
I've updated MAI and Robots to use some energy shields as starting apparel. This way they don't generate the naked thought and the naked descriptions anymore :)

=============================

Quote from: Haiys on September 15, 2016, 11:11:41 PM
I also get the same problem. I tried loading Misc. Core at the top of the list and robot and xtension below. Reloaded the game countless times but everything costs 25 wood to make. Currently running (from top to bottom):
Misc core
Core
One thing that may be a big problem: ALWAYS load Core first. Never load another mod before Core, even if it also is called something Core. Mods always depend on the Core, so that needs to be loaded first.

What you can also try: make the load order: Core, (CCL if used), Misc. Core, Misc X, Misc Y, other mods..

Adventurer

Haiys

Quote from: Haplo on September 16, 2016, 04:12:50 AM
Update Time:
I've updated MAI and Robots to use some energy shields as starting apparel. This way they don't generate the naked thought and the naked descriptions anymore :)

=============================

Quote from: Haiys on September 15, 2016, 11:11:41 PM
Misc core
Core
One thing that may be a big problem: ALWAYS load Core first. Never load another mod before Core, even if it also is called something Core. Mods always depend on the Core, so that needs to be loaded first.

What you can also try: make the load order: Core, (CCL if used), Misc. Core, Misc X, Misc Y, other mods..

Tried it...now everything costs 5 wood lol. Guess Ill have to try loading mods one at a time to see what the problem is....

EDIT: Reinstalled the game and extracted all mods (including mods other than Haplo's) and loaded in correct order solved it for me. Sorry for the hassle.