Rate your Epyk Pack experience.

Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

ysor123

The policy is to erase negativity and distribute love cookies?

ManWithNoName

ysor i never called you stupid i asked you a simple question and instead of answering that question you decide the best answer was to say "you shouldn't be having issues you have 8 core cpu and 8gigs of ram". You are then constantly posting in this thread and the other one i linked to saying it is a mod issue. Now because you found something in the bug tracker you have decided that, that is the issue.

I read all your posts and i suggested something that you refuse to do, even ItchyFlea suggested it to the other user in that other post and it worked for them. I have had issues myself including: black screen, menu buttons not working, unable to start a new colony, my colonists spawning in naked  just to name a few.

I would of actually wasted my own personal time to try and find a solution for you, but because of your last post full of insults to me, i wont bother maybe someone else will waste their time to help.

eyj123

Ramsis

Quote from: ysor123 on February 04, 2015, 04:10:58 PM
The policy is to erase negativity and distribute love cookies?

Well to be blunt, the policy is to delete any overwhelmingly negative posts (negative being an open term branching into a myriad batch of harmful terminology) and then warn the person.

You shouldn't have more or less attacked MWNN as you did, hence my course of action. I initially made the mistake of acting how I would for all the other forums I moderate by just cleaning up your post; here we apparently just delete and warn so... eh. Tynan runs a tight ship o7
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

coht

any plans to add a mo which adds more encounters and custom events? :P

Epyk

Try Epokalypse!

szypkiyakwonsz

Well, I think I've spotted (unfortunately) a bug. Or a bunch.

I'm using almost pure Epyk Pack with A8e, the only thing I've changed is adding Romance Mod by Lord Fappington + disabling autohauler. At the beginning everything works fine, but after some time, when my colony gets bigger, suddenly EVERYTHING gets broken. First sign of it is the strange behavior of wires - they seem to be attached where they shouldn't even be able to attach. May sound like little inconvenience, but it's not when it looks like that:

after spotting that I've tried to load previous save, thinking it may be that easy to fix. It wasn't. Wires seemed ok, but other things started to bug like an avalanche. First, MAI texture got changed to regular female pawn texture:

(you can see that aswell on the previous screen, it was actually made after I've tried to reload). Then they "sticked" (literally) to my colonists and went "missing" in the EdBInterface. I've thougt that only MAI got broken, but every event with orbital pod crashing resulted in... no event at all, except the info.

This is not the first time I'm noticing this bug, last time with previous colony, after the wires went full retard, I've had the event of ancient ship crashing, and when I started to shoot at it I've spotted this aswell:

with every shot aimed at ship, more non-violent, colonist friendly mechanoids got spawned. Ok, that was too much.

I've tried to reinstall rimworld and epyk pack, delete whole LocalLow/LudeonStudios folder and then just put my save and world inside, but nothing changed. Any ideas? I really like my colony...

Epyk

Quote from: szypkiyakwonsz on February 05, 2015, 08:13:15 PM
-snip-

I couldn't tell you what to do, haven't experienced any problem like that with the wires.
Try Epokalypse!

MrWashingToad

Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Catjaco

I still can't play with this pack.
To open the mods folder it takes ages and when i activate the mods i want and click close the game crashes.
If i use the ModConfig.xml file provided here the game doesn't even start.
Please, could someone kinfly help me out?

Epyk

Quote from: Catjaco on February 06, 2015, 05:37:53 PM
To open the mods folder it takes ages and when i activate the mods i want and click close the game crashes.

I may have a solution to this because it's happened on my labtop.
When I click close after configuring mods and try to give my computer any action it will crash Rimworld, same thing when I open the RimWorld application.

For example, I open RimWorld and press left-click the game will crash.
Just let the game load and don't press or do anything. Also, if you're loading the mods for the first time, it may take awhile to load. After that it's quick again.

I hope this helped!
Try Epokalypse!

SeamusCameron

I believe I am having a similar issue to the above, I have a 5yo craptop and my prior experience with Epyck pack was 1.11o. That version worked great, had no issues. Even started and played a quick little ice sheet and found out this would be a ton of fun. With 1.11r I have the long load issue and when it does load it pseudo-hangs and freezes on mod-list close. Oddly enough it's not sucking up all my CPU and RAM like a normal app hang would. Gonna get it loading, have a smoke break, watch the rest of C9 vs HGT, and if it still hasn't loaded declare it broken for my purposes/help out with TS if you'd like.

EDIT: It loaded up this time, crashed on mod-list close the first time but on reload it came up alright. Happiness again!

Catjaco

Quote from: Epyk on February 07, 2015, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: Catjaco on February 06, 2015, 05:37:53 PM

I may have a solution to this because it's happened on my labtop.
When I click close after configuring mods and try to give my computer any action it will crash Rimworld, same thing when I open the RimWorld application.

For example, I open RimWorld and press left-click the game will crash.
Just let the game load and don't press or do anything. Also, if you're loading the mods for the first time, it may take awhile to load. After that it's quick again.

I hope this helped!

i left it loading for about half an hour, but nothing, it's still there and if i left-click it crashes...
*edit: Even if i only select a single mod ,like alphamuffalo, the game won't work...