Traiding system to test

Started by windruf, February 05, 2015, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windruf

a standalone trading window for playing around.
just unzip and start TraiderV2.jar or start.bat
and sorry it needs java se 1.8 to run so go to java.com

now what we got here: it is an standalone trading system demonstration. it has nothing to do with Rim World, except i'd like to see it in Rim World.
now to controls:
at the top there are your silver, balance and trader silver.
just below are 3 filters: Type, Material and Quality.
after that there is list of all goods. it can be scrolled up an down with mouse well or slider bar at the right.
every list item has 4 buttons (yellow triangles) buy/sell one/max.
buy/sell one just add/subtract 1 from numbers of your and trader's goods and change balance. but if you type a number in the text field between them, you can buy/sell exact number. typing a 0 into this field and pressing one of them will reset this position.
buy/sell max allows you to buy or sell a position complete in maximal 3 clicks:
1. if you have bought/sold something you do not want - press sell/buy max and it will be resetted.
2. if you bought/sold and want to buy/sell everything - press buy/sell max and it is done. or almost.
3. sometimes you/trader cannot afford your entire stock and buy/sell max will stop by amount you/trader can afford. click one more time buy/sell max to buy/sell complete stock but your/traders silver will drop under 0 so you have to sell/buy some stuff to get it over 0.

UPDATE
added a version, that will run on 1.7

[attachment deleted due to age]

kic

I'm intrigued, but don't have Java access at the moment. Any chance you can post a couple of screenshots just to provide an idea?

Tynan

It died. Exception :(

Can you post a screenshot perhaps?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

windruf

it needs latest JVM to run.

windruf

and code as NetBeans project

mrofa

It looks cool i would love that to see it in game, "BUT"... insted of arrows i would stick with the current one pull to sell, since its much faster to sell when you got large varient of wares with low quantity.
Still greate job of pulling this :D
All i do is clutter all around.

milon

I'd like to add a minor request:

Could we get simple graphics on the trade interface buttons?  I don't know why, but I often click buttons I don't want (yes, that's my fault) and I think simple icons would be a HUGE help for me.  For example, a green checkmark beside Accept, a curved arrow Refresh (think Chrome-style) beside Reset, and a red X for Cancel.  My brain seems to respond much better to icons than to words.  -_-

EDIT - Forgot to say it, but I'm very much in favor of categories/filters for the trade interface!

windruf

Quote from: mrofa on February 06, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
It looks cool i would love that to see it in game, "BUT"... insted of arrows i would stick with the current one pull to sell, since its much faster to sell when you got large varient of wares with low quantity.

you stupid? ???
try to sell 10k potatoes and say it goes quicker, than 1 click.

Quote from: milon on February 06, 2015, 11:38:11 AM
I'd like to add a minor request:

Could we get simple graphics on the trade interface buttons?  I don't know why, but I often click buttons I don't want (yes, that's my fault) and I think simple icons would be a HUGE help for me.  For example, a green checkmark beside Accept, a curved arrow Refresh (think Chrome-style) beside Reset, and a red X for Cancel.  My brain seems to respond much better to icons than to words.  -_-

EDIT - Forgot to say it, but I'm very much in favor of categories/filters for the trade interface!
if Tynan implements it - he can make everything like he likes. even with flower pattern.

milon

^ My request was directed to Tynan.  Your interface is nice (I really like the input field to let you TYPE a number), but if Tynan uses it he'll still have to remake it from scratch.

Tynan

Your interface is very nice.

The only trouble with it is that it uses much smaller text than in-game, so would take a lot of space. Ive been trying to figure out a way to improve the trading interface though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

milon

Here's an idea.  What I changed:

- Widened the trade interface around 50px
- Added yellow double-triangle Sell Max & Buy Max buttons where applicable
- Added (crappy) icons to Reset, Accept, Cancel (Yup, took a few tries 'cause I kept mixing them up, LOL)
- Added an Edit field to the items that can be bought/sold
- Got rid of drag to trade (sorry - didn't work with the Edit fields)

Sell Max sets the Quantity field to the max that the trader can purchase (may not be all of the player's stock).  Similarly, Buy Max sets the Quantity to the max that the player can purchase (may not be all of the trader's stock).  And as I'm typing this, I'm realizing that there needs to be a visual way to indicate which way the transaction is occurring.  But you get the idea.

Haplo

I think the only thing missing in the current trade interface is a double-click direct amount input :)
Personally I like the drag mechanic, as it's different from others. Just the possibility to enter a direct amount is something I miss.

milon

^ That's a great idea!  Features I personally want on the trade system, recognizing that I'm only 1 person:

- Buy/Sell Max (or All)
- Simple graphics on Accept/Cancel/Reset
- Double-click for direct number input

Categories / filters would still be nice, but this is a good step in the right direction.  :)

Teovald

Can we hope for some improvements to trading outside of the interface ? 
The trade beacon system is becoming more and more cumbersome now that we have perishable goods.

mrofa

Quote from: windruf on February 06, 2015, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: mrofa on February 06, 2015, 11:21:59 AM

you stupid? ???
try to sell 10k potatoes and say it goes quicker, than 1 click.

Arrows only not the ammount box ...
All i do is clutter all around.