[A12d] Warhammer 40k Weapons V8.0

Started by Headshot, April 03, 2015, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addeptis

Nice vindicare assassin helmet. Cant say I will use it much. I cant stand vindicares in general....*rants*Destroying my lander raiders in one hit >.< broken rules *rants* But never mind that, its looks great! 

Headshot

lol, I picked them first because it's my first shot at making armour and helmets, I'm saving power armour for later so it can look very nice. You can see it with the weapons, the Bolter is quite ugly compared to my plasma pistol, which was the last one I made.

Oh, I heard the Exitus rules were "broken", but I don't play the table top--just read the books :P

My final balancing act will be to set the damage and range in the following tier system;

Plasma Weapons              Poor Range, Good Damage.

Bolters                             Average Range, Average Damage.

Laser Weapons                 Good Range, Poor Damage.

Special Weapons will have custom dmg/rng.

Cmoa666

Quote from: Headshot on April 06, 2015, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: Cmoa666 on April 06, 2015, 11:25:21 AM
For the heavy bolter, they can be like this.

A first and very wonderful post  :P

Thanks, that's perfect! I didn't know there were drum mags for the heavy bolter. I'll get started on it when I can.

No problem, glad to help.
If you want an idea of what a W40K armory is in pixel art, you can see this mod for anther game http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25544

[attachment deleted due to age]

Arakasiii

very nice mod. new player for RimWorld and first mod i added :)

my 2 cents, pic from Cmoa666 gave me an 'oh that would be wicked' moment, the powersword/axe would be nice. was also thinking meltagun for ignoring armour as well as the power weapons, though just occured the plasma may already do that. still it would go in same class as more dmg but shorter range.

i'll be keeping tabs on this mod for sure, thanks for your efforts.

Dante King

I love Cortex Command, and I have that mod, coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Armorer

Would you ad some orks' weapons? shootas sluggas and so?

Headshot

Quote from: Armorer on April 07, 2015, 08:59:50 PM
Would you ad some orks' weapons? shootas sluggas and so?

Yeah for sure, when I get done with Imperial stuff I'll work on it. I plan on races like Orks and Tau maybe, we'll see. There's still a lot to do for the humans lol.

Quote from: Arakasiii on April 07, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
very nice mod. new player for RimWorld and first mod i added :)
my 2 cents, pic from Cmoa666 gave me an 'oh that would be wicked' moment, the powersword/axe would be nice. was also thinking meltagun for ignoring armour as well as the power weapons, though just occured the plasma may already do that. still it would go in same class as more dmg but shorter range.
i'll be keeping tabs on this mod for sure, thanks for your efforts.

Thanks, I'm not sure about how to have damage ignore armour values, but it's the increased damage is more than enough. I'll see if I can have it ignore armour.

Quote from: Cmoa666 on April 07, 2015, 05:15:49 AM
No problem, glad to help.
If you want an idea of what a W40K armory is in pixel art, you can see this mod for anther game http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25544

Thanks a lot, it really helps to get an idea from what others have done.

Headshot

Latest update (v5.0) pushed. Not sure when I'll get around to completing the heavy bolter and plasma gun.

Headshot

Vonholtz

My main PC in middle of getting repaired but as soon as I get it back working and up to date for 10 I will be back to playing. I really like your plans for your mod with the adding of race. Keep up the good work.  :)

Headshot

Quote from: Vonholtz on April 16, 2015, 11:53:04 AM
My main PC in middle of getting repaired but as soon as I get it back working and up to date for 10 I will be back to playing. I really like your plans for your mod with the adding of race. Keep up the good work.  :)

Thanks, I've not had any time to work on it this--other than the update--but once the semester's over, I'll try and get some "major features" done.

silentlord

Quote from: millenium on April 05, 2015, 05:05:35 PMi assume we'll be seeing more of these in the future. with the possibility of the plasma guns exploding of course.

newer plasma tech is stable now. and slightly less powerful, though still the strongest plasma weapons in use by any race.
GW just made the unstable plasma older marks. a good direction really.

Quote from: Headshot on April 06, 2015, 03:10:12 PM
Thanks, that's perfect! I didn't know there were drum mags for the heavy bolter. I'll get started on it when I can.

i believe heavy bolter drums idea has been around awhile, but Horus Hersey has pushed it heavily.... GW thoughts are that HH heavy bolters where drum and open belt-fed. as apposed to the current armoured belt systems in use now.

When it comes to Lasguns, my favourite has to be the Accatran Pattern Mark IV Lasgun, used by the  Elysian Drop Troop regiments. beautiful design.

I too am not 40k player but a lover of the lore of 40k. although thats getting bloody harder with GW re-writing most of the canon fluff!

Necronomocoins

Orc weaponry should be easier to research/build/find for Orcs, and harder to use for non-orcs(Orc weaponry is genetically coded for use by Orcs). Wild/tameable Squig and Squiggoth would be a deadly addition. An Orc should be able to paint a bomb yellow to make it more powerful (the Orcs main psychic ability.) Oh and, Orcs are the most populous race in the Galaxy, so should be like tribal raids with the number of raiders increased.

Headshot

Quote from: Necronomocoins on April 17, 2015, 09:28:52 AM
Orc weaponry should be easier to research/build/find for Orcs, and harder to use for non-orcs(Orc weaponry is genetically coded for use by Orcs). Wild/tameable Squig and Squiggoth would be a deadly addition. An Orc should be able to paint a bomb yellow to make it more powerful (the Orcs main psychic ability.) Oh and, Orcs are the most populous race in the Galaxy, so should be like tribal raids with the number of raiders increased.

I'm currently looking into creating Squigs and Orks, but Squiggoth would be a maybe. Creating a texture and pawn that large would have some issues. Orks will raid, along with their pet Squigs. You may also find feral squigs wandering around, similar to the muffalo.

Necronomocoins

An event idea: A very powerful but small Space Marine squad or Terminator squad have landed near your colony, with powerful technology. They will set up defences, defend the tech. and wait for evacuation. Kind of like a siege, but they don't build mortars, they just build self powered auto turrets that have one full battery worth of power each. If you go near the technology they will assault the colony. I can live without Squiggoth.