Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capitan83es

During A12C we all are facing the consequences of illness and even a flu takes someone for 5+ days... :-\ We can feed them, treat them... but Joy always drops a lot and that really can kill them if they start wandering without treatment or so... :'(

I tried to put a TV in the "hospital" room (like any regular hospital in RL  ;D) so they can have some fun, but even awake they ignore it... I tried also several positions, but it seems not to work.

If it's not implemented I feel this will help to pass the flu/treatment thing better without much effort.

What do you thing?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tman615

A fence for animals. Works the same as a wall except colonists can shoot behind it(Offering very little/no protection), wont roof areas and just to make pastures look that bit cooler

blub01

Allowing trained animals to be targeted specifically(like, when their master is drafted, you can, either from the priority right-click thingy when you have the master selected or when you have the animal selected, tell them to attack specific entities). Also, I don't know if that counts as "cheap", but I would like carnivorous animals to go hunting for themselves.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

manilaguy

How about a new faction? Like Knights with crossbows and heavy armors or vikings with axes and chain mails.. ;)
I am a Rimworld addict.

AllenWL

I would like the new 'animal' skill be included in backstories.
To clarify, backstories give +or- skill levels, which effects the colonist's skills.
You can count on a soldier to have good combat skills, or a noble to be a good talker.

However, the animal trait is unaffected by these backstories, and are completely random, and often low. Some backstories giving a +or- to the animal handling skill would be nice.

Play2Jens

Quote from: manilaguy on August 29, 2015, 11:56:40 AM
How about a new faction? Like Knights with crossbows and heavy armors or vikings with axes and chain mails.. ;)

The problem is that the faction has to fit in the game universe. Factions would adopt to the future technology being available. So I was thinking about it. Maybe it's possible that medieval kingdoms don't want to use technology since they think it's the devils work. And viking raiders wouldn't have that much use for it since they're only looking to pillage some villages and are excellent brawlers anyway.

I think Vikings, Advanced (mining) Corporations and/or an Advanced Fascist City would be a cool add-on for the game.
- Vikings can sometimes use guns (which they found while raiding), but are mainly brawlers.
- Mining corporation is an advanced factions which wants to eradicate you because you settled on resource rich lands
- Fascist City uses soldiers with advanced weaponry. All the pawns look the same (bald head and beige cloths or so). They are ruled by an insane dictator. The player can sometimes take in refugees from the city. It's a faction which survived the downfall of human kind through keeping people poor and a dictatorship for centuries. Only the 1% has future tech and are able to travel to other planets.

blub01

Quote from: Play2Jens on August 30, 2015, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: manilaguy on August 29, 2015, 11:56:40 AM

The problem is that the faction has to fit in the game universe. Factions would adopt to the future technology being available. So I was thinking about it. Maybe it's possible that medieval kingdoms don't want to use technology since they think it's the devils work. And viking raiders wouldn't have that much use for it since they're only looking to pillage some villages and are excellent brawlers anyway.

I think Vikings, Advanced (mining) Corporations and/or an Advanced Fascist City would be a cool add-on for the game.
- Vikings can sometimes use guns (which they found while raiding), but are mainly brawlers.
- Mining corporation is an advanced factions which wants to eradicate you because you settled on resource rich lands
- Fascist City uses soldiers with advanced weaponry. All the pawns look the same (bald head and beige cloths or so). They are ruled by an insane dictator. The player can sometimes take in refugees from the city. It's a faction which survived the downfall of human kind through keeping people poor and a dictatorship for centuries. Only the 1% has future tech and are able to travel to other planets.

the thing is, a faction is a big thing, the equipment and stats have to be balanced, especially when you want to weight item choices, like making most people brawlers or having everybody wear the same. also, the fascist city would require an entirely new incident, which makes it even less cheap.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

b0rsuk

======= Colonist Perks =======

* Ascetic colonists should enjoy stone beds

* Green Thumb colonists like pot plants in room, or even having a bed in a greenhouse/hydroponics room.

* Colonist perk: Sickly
The colonist is more likely to catch a disease or infection.

* Colonist perk: Messy
The colonist spreads extra dirt when walking around, working, and eating

* Colonist perk: Animal Friend
The colonist really enjoys company of (tamed) animals. He talks to them and gets benefits from social chat. He likes sleeping with animals, etc. Might also feed various things to animals and spoil them.

* Colonist perk: Always Wanted A <Pony>!
A bit similar to Prostophile. The colonist is unhappy, because he always wanted a specific pet animal. The animal could be anything from squirrel to alphabeaver and thrumbo. If the animal is in colony and assigned to the colonist, he becomes happy.

======  Other ======

* Ability to uninstall chess tables, trade beacons, sunlamps, billiards tables

* Peg legs for animals missing limbs. Bionic limbs for which fit any animal sound a bit light magic (but then again, we have bionic arms which can become left or right at will). Peg legs are generic enough.

* Animals rescuing tamed animals. If you want to be extra cute, make them rescue even non-tamed animal of the same race.

* Switch Flicking training for... monkeys! Wild monkeys may randomly press your switches if they can access them, tamed monkeys don't do that, trained monkeys toggle designated switches.

* Pigs can  be used to find truffles. Those could act as hidden growing zones you can't move or expand. Eating truffles would give joy, they could also be sold for nice money.

* Why not just rename Uranium to Thorium ? Both can power reactors. Presumably people in 5500 have finally figured out how to make Thorium reactors. The only downside of Thorium reactors is you can't make bombs with it, and there's no catastrophic meltdown.

* Mutts (dog race). If you have two dogs of different races, one male one female, one can make the other pregnant. The offspring is not as classy, but likable and mutts are just as good.

* Animal sacred to a tribe
Each tribe faction should have a random sacred animal. Killing an animal of this race: -2 relation with that faction. If an animal of this race dies on your map, they still blame you (-1 relation). The animal doesn't have to belong to the biome, you may play Tundra and have a tribe that worships Alpacas.

* Alien artifacts should come unidentified. You should identify them at research tables. This would create a (late?) game research sink. Also, it's a bit strange exotic good traders sell those just like anything else. Maybe they should sell unidentified artifacts ?

* Mirror, a joy item. When installed, may enrage or startle animals of Intermediate or lower intelligence.

* Male dogs should (rarely) try to hump colonists. Like the opposite of nuzzling. Imagine: Poor Mood Warning. Click on the colonist to see what's bothering him. "Humped by Sultan". Sex of the colonist doesn't matter.
Dogs might also try humping other animals.

* "Wandering" shouldn't happen between two parts of a disjoint allowed area. The reason is, the colonist does this for no reason and at half speed. This doubles the intake of toxic fallout.

* Random Seed for colonists. We already have random seed for worlds (planets). Random seed for the 3 initial colonists would let a player take the same colonist to another world, or share fun colonists on a forum.

* Most animals shouldn't be slowed by tables. They can walk beneath them. Notable exceptions are bigger animals, like dromedary, alpaca, mufallo, elephant, elk.

* Wild Boars should have Advanced intelligence, not Intermediate. They're essentially the same as pigs, only hairier. If someone wants to train a wild boar (wildness 50%) for hauling, let him. Good luck.

* A hotkey to cycle between animals, or at least pets (named animals).

* Bulk good traders shouldn't sell thrumbos. Rare Thrumbo, remember ?

* When a Boomalope vomits, it probably shouldn't be ordinary vomit. How about acid that destroys floors and furniture, or something toxic ?

* Billiards table should require constructed floor underneath, probably other than carpet. The reason is gravity. Hitting balls with a cue is no fun if they don't travel in straight lines.

blub01

oh, and one thing that isn't really my idea, but easy to make and should REALLY be in the game are ceiling lamps in the style of superior crafting, which you can walk under, so you don't have lamps all over the place.

Technical Ben

(Not necessarily the "cheapest" but close to).
Sand buckets. Take up 1 tile. One use item. Made of wood or steel. If a fire breaks out, allows quicker fire extinguishing.
Units would path to sand bucket, and then have a bonus to fire fighting for one tile/use. The graphics would be the most expensive part of making this I guess.

Apophis

Allow more different areas to be designated, I need more to separate my animals

blub01

Quote from: Technical Ben on August 31, 2015, 08:10:20 AM
(Not necessarily the "cheapest" but close to).
Sand buckets. Take up 1 tile. One use item. Made of wood or steel. If a fire breaks out, allows quicker fire extinguishing.
Units would path to sand bucket, and then have a bonus to fire fighting for one tile/use. The graphics would be the most expensive part of making this I guess.

I'd make it an equipable item which has to be refilled at a sand deposit, but which can be used on more than one tile, because that is really useless unless the deposit is right next to the fire.

Mechanoid Hivemind

A message saying the muffalos is pregnant, and being able to jump to that muffalo would be nice cause i cant tell if mine are or if a wild one is
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Kian

New joy structure:

Shooting range / (gun/archery) target.

Colonists can blow off some steam at the shooting range. Provides joy & training in shooing skill.

Just make sure your other colonists don't wander into the line of fire.
Also probably somewhat loud, so could wake up nearby sleeping colonists.

zenfur

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on August 31, 2015, 10:26:09 AM
A message saying the muffalos is pregnant, and being able to jump to that muffalo would be nice cause i cant tell if mine are or if a wild one is

Wait. Wild animals reproduce as well? I never noticed.

About archery range, it's already done as a mod if you want to try it out :)

@edit: A shortcut to cycle through your animals (similar to < > for colonists), probably shift + <, > would be very handy. I miss this a lot.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!