Art Modifications - Resources

Started by shadowtajun, March 05, 2014, 06:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowtajun

Disclaimer -- I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to go here so feel free to put it where it needs to go.

Hey guys, I've been doing some art modifications for the resources. Here is what I have so far.

Big Meat:

I thought a steak would be most fitting for the large meat.

Small Meat:
1) or
2) or
3)

I'm not too sure what to use for the small meat (from squirrels and boomrats). I was thinking it would be good to show the drumsticks for small meat - it was the smallest recognisable meat type I could think of (other than jerky).

Let me know what you think - all ideas and feedback would be handy and most welcome. - Cheers Kylie
Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow

Rob

I really like the big Meat and the 1st Small Meat, you have talent :3
Hope the other guys will work with you (I saw you posted on their texture request topic) because then we will have mods with good looks ;D

You have a fan already ^,^

btw, first post ;D
I'm just a bit Different :D

shadowtajun

Oh shucks you just made my night, thank you! and YAY! First post!  ;D

I just snapped up a few more things - I'm really trying to show essence of the item not necessarily the actual item. So here's more:

Berries:
1)
2)
If you're colourblind please let me know if you can/cannot see the shape of the berries

And Uranium (I know Uranium is really silver but when I think radioactive material, I think green).

Time for bed for me :)

keensta

You have some talent there. These textures are great are you planning on making sort of texture pack in the future?
As I'll be downloading it if you do.

Keep the art coming can't wait to see what other things you come up with.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

daft73

Quote from: keensta on March 05, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
You have some talent there. These textures are great are you planning on making sort of texture pack in the future?
As I'll be downloading it if you do.

Keep the art coming can't wait to see what other things you come up with.
I must agree, nice textures..there are a few looking for talent ItchyFlea , Cala13er

shadowtajun

I did contact them but I don't think they've noticed yet - we'll see. Architect has contacted me though.

palandus

Very nice artwork.

Can anyone utilize these in their mods:
1) by just crediting you
OR
2) by requesting permission first and then crediting you?

shadowtajun

Please request permission and then credit me, I'd love to see what mods and the like these are used for!

Feel free to PM me any time

palandus

Alrity, thanks!

Is it okay to ask for requests?

shadowtajun

shadowtajun

Here's a sketch of a wind turbine

The image is small I know. Is there somewhere I can get recommended dimensions?

Nasikabatrachus

Great stuff, shadowtajun. I'll probably have some requests for you in the near future.

There's no list of recommended dimensions that I know of, but Tynan posted a zip of RW's core art in this thread, so you could use the base game's art as a guide:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2325.0

Evul

palandus

A couple requests shadowtajun / Kylie (which do you prefer?; do you want reference ideas with a request?):

-> Could you do a wall with possibly a horizontal opening, similar to how concrete pillbox looks / bunker?
-> Could you do a door retexture, say one that looks like its made from scrap metal?
-> Could you do a table retexture, say one that looks like its made from scrap metal?

Serrate Bloodrage

Hi, Shadow suggested I put my stone table and chair here...so here it is!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D