[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on June 17, 2017, 01:46:13 AMI have a stupid question: how do you place fishing spots? I built a basic wooden bridge out to the deep water, but I can't put a fishing spot on it anywhere. (Keeps telling me the terrain doesn't support it.  :-\ )

The fishing spot itself should be over water, with the interaction spot over a bridge tile.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I survived 2 Caerbannog Events and are now the proud owner of a breeding pair !

Tremble before me, because they will become Legion.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wwWraith

Quote from: Gelo on June 03, 2017, 07:29:09 PM
It looks, like my pawns prefer walking on good old marsh rather then on my fancy 'Basic Bridges'  :D
I know, pawns' pathfinding is dumb, but aren't bridges suppose to be as fast to be walked on as  floors?.

I have a similar experience without Bridges mod (but with many others). Even with ground completely cleared and/or floored, pawns sometimes prefer some go-rounds instead of straight path, and yes, it happens more rarely when the distance is short. I have a suspicion that it may be a vanilla bug.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SpaceDorf

My Dwarven heart leapt with joy when I saw a Caerbannog Bunny hunt down a Pygmy Muffalo and feasting on its body.

Another Checkbox on the "now I have seen everything"-List

==== EDIT ====

Now they took down a wolf who tried to hunt one of my minions.
Best Pet Ever.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DariusWolfe

dburgdorf

Editable Backstories and Editable Backstories Lite have been updated.

Both are now fully compatible with RimRue's "Pawns Are Capable!"

I've also done some more minor editing to the default backstory database included with the base version of the mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Also, now I want my own Caerbannog bunny. But I'm too scared to try to tame one! Lol

wwWraith

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 21, 2017, 02:17:29 PM
Editable Backstories and Editable Backstories Lite have been updated.

Both are now fully compatible with RimRue's "Pawns Are Capable!"

I've also done some more minor editing to the default backstory database included with the base version of the mod.
Oh, it's just when I finished my editings to make it more fit to Several Puffins' Razzle Dazzle mod ;D Well, obviously I should did it by making a patch, not a direct editing...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Quote from: wwWraith on June 21, 2017, 03:58:48 PMOh, it's just when I finished my editings to make it more fit to Several Puffins' Razzle Dazzle mod ;D Well, obviously I should did it by making a patch, not a direct editing...

None of the backstory edits this time around were terribly significant. Mostly it was just a matter of adding some tribal backstories, changing a few backstories from having a forced lazy trait back to having dumb labor disabled, and adding minimum ages to a few backstories. Nothing earth-shattering. So if you've been editing your own backstories to suit your own needs, by all means, continue using them. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on June 21, 2017, 04:57:32 PMMore tribal backstories??? :D

Read the update notes. I just added (edited versions of) yours into the default set, where before they'd just been available in the "raw data" folder. :P

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

And here I was all excited for a minute. Lol

Maybe it's time to write some more tribal backstories. ;)

Though I have to say (without tooting my own horn), the ones I've already added seem to round out the tribals fairly well. It's nice not having an entire colony of just weavers and gatherers, with the occasional healer and muffalo shaman thrown in. :P

Now if only I could figure out how to increase the tribal name database. My last game I had three tribals with the name Croio. One as a first name, the other two as last names--but they weren't even related! I guess Croio is the tribal version of Smith? Lol

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on June 21, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
Now if only I could figure out how to increase the tribal name database.

I haven't actually looked for it, but the ability to add names to it ought to be something I could easily add to "Editable Backstories."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Pheanox

Quote from: Rimrue on June 21, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
And here I was all excited for a minute. Lol

Maybe it's time to write some more tribal backstories. ;)

Though I have to say (without tooting my own horn), the ones I've already added seem to round out the tribals fairly well. It's nice not having an entire colony of just weavers and gatherers, with the occasional healer and muffalo shaman thrown in. :P

Now if only I could figure out how to increase the tribal name database. My last game I had three tribals with the name Croio. One as a first name, the other two as last names--but they weren't even related! I guess Croio is the tribal version of Smith? Lol

Not to inflate your ego but as someone that likes the challenge of playing tribal, I use your Tribal mod and your tribal backstories every play-through now.  I might write a set for like an amazonian village some time, might be fun.