wheelchairs

Started by pigman999999999, July 09, 2015, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Quote from: pigman999999999 on July 21, 2015, 10:08:01 AMbut if you in my situation it would be helpful when the game is agents you and you have 4 contls and one of them is emoble becase the doset fell like it would be a good idea to send him a binc they give me a prostech leg with 5-15% of moblity i havet ben played on that got new desktop that would be help ful
Quote from: pigman999999999 on July 21, 2015, 10:08:01 AMBut if your in my situation it would be helpful. When the game has something against you and you only have 4 colonists and one of them is immobile and because he doesn't like bionics. Prosthetic legs with piss-poor mobility sucks. I haven't even played on that new desktop I have. Wheelchairs would be helpful.
I freakin' tried.

Try downloading a mod. I recommend Ykara's Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
I don't really remember but I think this mod allows you to build or buy advanced prosthetics that basically function as normal limbs.

Or was that just from the Superior Crafting mod? Someone clarify this for me please.
Anyways, there's a bunch of solutions that you can find in the mod forums. Just do a simple search.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

muffins

Wheelchairs would be good for colonists that have a shattered pelvis. Give them as many bionic legs as you like, they will still never walk again. With a wheelchair you could at least give them some mobility and maybe sit him at a crafting bench.

pigman999999999

some mobilty till you can get a new leg

JimmyAgnt007

Wheelchairs make sense to me.  You would 'install' one like any other implant but its only cost is X metal or wood if you are lacking for metal.  Maybe a research option for powered wheelchairs to help them move even faster. 

Bob_Namg

Quote from: Songleaves on July 14, 2015, 02:08:53 AM
Wheelchairs, wheelbarrows, bicycles, stretchers, patient gurneys.... By themselves wheelchairs aren't important enough to justify introducing an entire mounting system, but if the system was already in place then they would be reasonable to add. Alternatively, without a mounting system it could be turned into an operation called "Fitting for wheelchair" and its inverse could be "Retraining walking" or something like that...
I can already see pirate raids utilizing hollowed out mechanoid APCs and the trojan horses rolling across the plains towards my base lol.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

A Friend

Quote from: Bob_Namg on July 23, 2015, 03:53:00 PM
Quote from: Songleaves on July 14, 2015, 02:08:53 AM
Wheelchairs, wheelbarrows, bicycles, stretchers, patient gurneys.... By themselves wheelchairs aren't important enough to justify introducing an entire mounting system, but if the system was already in place then they would be reasonable to add. Alternatively, without a mounting system it could be turned into an operation called "Fitting for wheelchair" and its inverse could be "Retraining walking" or something like that...
I can already see pirate raids utilizing hollowed out mechanoid APCs and the trojan horses rolling across the plains towards my base lol.

Slightly Off topic:
Raids using transports would be a very cool.
- 2 Raiders on an ATV doing drive-by shooting and generally stealing valuable things left on the open.
- An armored humvee or bus that's meant to ram through thin and weak walls and pour out raiders inside your base.
- A slow rusty tank that's used for shooting holes and blowing up turrets. Mostly bulletproof with an exception of a very small weak spot behind it. The tank and the weak spot would have separate targeting. TACTICAL MANEUVERING GALORE.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Bob_Namg

That sounds absolutely glorious
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Toggle

I think it would more be like raiders bringing in a truck with them to carry all the supplies for a siege to set up.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

pigman999999999

btw A Friend try this mod Superior Crafting

Zobaken

During the raiders attack they've been torn to pieces by Automatic Turrets, but I've managed to save one of them. Sadly the bullets torn her pelvic bones to pieces, so she's paralyzed and can't even get up from the bed. I've tried the leg bioimplant, but it didn't help. Currently saving money for the second one, but I don't think it'll help. She's only 21, smart and fast learner - I don't want to sell her, butcher for organs or put to sleep. Wheelchairs will be a very useful addition.