Is anyone else having issues with joy hours?

Started by Tacticus, May 17, 2015, 09:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacticus

I have a problem where these sole 2 colonists have terrible moods almost every other day, and break atleast a once a month.

The main issue of this is joy deprivation. However; I currently have 5 hours of joy set for everyone.

The fault is not mine for their mood, it's because they are not using their joy hours. They get about 7-8 hours of sleep per day.

Anyone else having this issue?

Toggle

5 hours is a lot, so I'm guessing they just won't do it. Have you tried putting down horse shoe rings, tv and a chair, dining room chairs at a table for socializing? Any other problems with health or other things that might be preventing them from joy?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Tacticus

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on May 17, 2015, 09:24:20 AM
5 hours is a lot, so I'm guessing they just won't do it. Have you tried putting down horse shoe rings, tv and a chair, dining room chairs at a table for socializing? Any other problems with health or other things that might be preventing them from joy?
Yes. I have 2 horse shoe rings, a chess board with chairs so they can chat, and I have a nice dining room set up for socializing and eating.

And they have no mental health problems I'm aware of that would prevent them from having fun.
So i'm guessing it's just a bug.

cuproPanda

I had this problem a while ago. My copy-pasted solution is:
Quote8hrs sleep, 4hrs joy, 2hrs anything, 8hrs work, 2hrs anything is working just fine.
Try that and see if it helps. You have to force joy upon the colonists when they wake up or they'll eat a really big breakfast and forget about that awesome metal pole.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

TLHeart

assign them work they have a passion for, they get joy from that.  Don't need 5 hours of joy time. Look at their needs tab, see what the negatives are, and fix those you can... they may be breaking from cabin fever, ugly environment, unpleasant conversation, wearing worn out apparel. Are there bedrooms big enough for the private joy activities?

userfredle

I personally find the time tables far too alpha - y to actually use. Th pawns never follow the orders cuz whatever they were doing last takes another 2 to 3 hours. But the biggest kicker is that anything all the time is th4 best possible set up. Cuz if they need joy theyre gonna get joy. No need to micromanage thr hours it happens. (Cuz they wont listen to you anyway)

The only reason this time table would work is it you want someone working to death. Or doing nothing

EDIT a Fix to all this would simply be to make pawns check their timetables, and if theyve been screwing around for an hour into their next shift they will drop everything and go

Panzer

There is a thread with a similar question, i ll post it here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12727.0

I guess the problem is your guys have jobs that take up a lot of time and cant be interrupted, a strict timetable with set work and joy hours makes only sense if your guys spend most of their time near base, where joy sources, food, work and sleeping places are in close proximity.

Guys that spend a lot of time away from base, like hauler or hunters, are better off with a do anything timetable. You can also try a mix of sorts, anything timetable with set sleeping hours and joy hours (3 hours joy in the moring after waking up works best imho).

Simulacrum0

i jut set 8 hours as sleep and the rest as joy. best way i have found to keep the constant Berserk at bay.

userfredle

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on May 17, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
i jut set 8 hours as sleep and the rest as joy. best way i have found to keep the constant Berserk at bay.

Hence either work to death or do nothing is your two options

jerome736

Haha, I find that running a draconian selection process helps with constant berserk. I ruthlessly eliminate all colonists that join randomly that don't fit my characteristic criteria (anyone with negative traits, i.e. abrasive, etc.,) by having them go melee attack animals till they die, or arrest them, etc.

skullywag

Pfff leave it. I havent touched the timetables bar setting up a night shift. Its sleep or anything, i never set joy time. If i want anything done quicker ill micro it, buy the colonists are very good at manageing their time.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

Same here. I have never even bring the timetable menu on screen and never have a single problem of joy-lacking, pawns seems to handle themselves very well