after 1.0

Started by Schalkan, July 16, 2018, 07:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schalkan

the game is finished so what know
how about a dlc like Stellaris/Paradox Interactive make
make "story" Dlc that add i don´t know more cool stuff and options in the game
so you can make more $ and we get More cool stuff i don´t have a problem with i don´t know a 15$ dlc that add to the base game

but yeah what is your opion on that?
sorry for the bad english

Oblitus

Modders do this for free.

Ser Kitteh

Tynan takes a three month break on Hawaii or something. He and the team deserve it!

But alas, I am no mind reader, and can't say what will happen to RW. Even if they aren't any major updates (i.e not patches), I consider Rimworld a complete game.

Bolgfred

There was a post where tynan explained this a little bit. Iirc the difference between alpha and 1.0 is, that there will come no more major feature, which considers the game as complete. This shall mean that at first there will mostly be balancing, improving and polish of the existent elements of the game and mod support.

I don't think a "dlc"-like progression is what Ludeon is planning to go for.
Guess with 1.0 the development will slow down, and they focus more on new projects, which itself would be very healthy way to continue after a final release.

Maybe they start rimworld as an ego shooter, or an action card game:

"I put my centipede with inferno cannon against your old muffalo! Now your screwed!"-
"Wait! I activate my trap card 'sun flare'! Now your centipede cannot attack this round. I equip my muffalo with chain shotgun(awful) and attack your centipede instead!"-
"No! I have lost!"-
"Haha! Now give me all your lavish meal!"
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Oblitus

Quote from: Bolgfred on July 16, 2018, 08:15:27 AM
There was a post where tynan explained this a little bit. Iirc the difference between alpha and 1.0 is, that there will come no more major feature, which considers the game as complete. This shall mean that at first there will mostly be balancing, improving and polish of the existent elements of the game and mod support.

I don't think a "dlc"-like progression is what Ludeon is planning to go for.
Guess with 1.0 the development will slow down, and they focus more on new projects, which itself would be very healthy way to continue after a final release.

Maybe they start rimworld as an ego shooter, or an action card game:

"I put my centipede with inferno cannon against your old muffalo! Now your screwed!"-
"Wait! I activate my trap card 'sun flare'! Now your centipede cannot attack this round. I equip my muffalo with chain shotgun(awful) and attack your centipede instead!"-
"No! I have lost!"-
"Haha! Now give me all your lavish meal!"

Lol, awful chain shotgun won't hit a broad side of a barn at point blank. My bet on centipede.

webkilla

ya its been over six months - and nothing

No DLC, no expansions - no followup updates?

I know that the modding scene for Rimworld is still going strong - but without future updates I don't see this game living enjoying nearly as much longevity as I had hoped it would have.

Greep

Quote from: webkilla on July 16, 2018, 07:29:01 PM
ya its been over six months - and nothing

Someone hasn't checked out steam beta  ::)
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Bolgfred

Quote from: webkilla on July 16, 2018, 07:29:01 PM
No DLC, no expansions - no followup updates?
Just wait for the release of 1.0 before you judge a missing 1.1 ...

I have rarely seen a game developer using version numbers any seriously, so we don't know what we can expect.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

ashaffee

There are many things a modder can't really do unless they are already rich and can higher staff to work full time jobs on their mods.

I suspect there will be mods on new ways to win. I can see a campaign mode coming out with the rimworld feel to it. Instead of controlled quests more like small nudged objectives as you progress your game and a much more hands on story teller.

They could also add in a family dlc. I know mods attempted this but think much bigger grander scale. Actual purpose and story driven behind protecting a child in a game mode that might do small time jump so you can see the growth of the kid and eventually start a colony just from the kids. 

Canute

Family DLC, i think you still better play Sims, then you got a better animated graphics :-)
But Rimworld got some real pationated expert modders.
Dubwise at example, His Rimatomics and Mars project can change the whole gameplay.
Jecrell and his team made many projects with new races and abilities you never would expect in vanila rimworld.

Don't forget We like to play, but other enjoy it more to mod then to play self.

Mufflamingo

After 1.0 we wait for Rimworld 2.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Tynan

There's just nothing announced one way or another.

I've had a strict "we don't know the future" policy since 2013, and it's worked well, so that's continuing now as well.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog