How do I mass un-forbid items? It is in patch notes...

Started by jpinard, September 25, 2018, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

...but the patch notes don't tell you how you actually do a mass unforbid.

Thanks for the help!

Canute

It's a bit hidden.
Right click at the unforbid icon at the architect menu, then you see it.
Similar Mass forbid, when you right click at the forbid icon.

jpinard

Is there a way to un-forbid a single item across the entire map, like marine armor after a battle?

5thHorseman

Quote from: jpinard on September 25, 2018, 08:15:08 PM
Is there a way to un-forbid a single item across the entire map, like marine armor after a battle?

Click it so you can see the highlight. Then zoom all the way out. Then double click it to select all of the same type. Then unforbid.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Bozobub

Of note:  Zooming out and double-clicking works for just about any valid action, for any group of identical (although condition/health is immaterial) discrete objects.  So, for example, you can double-click one deer, then choose to hunt or tame all deer currently in view.  Unfortunately, however, IIRC this does NOT work for setting jobs for production tables/benches/stoves/etc.
Thanks, belgord!

jpinard

Quote from: 5thHorseman on September 25, 2018, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: jpinard on September 25, 2018, 08:15:08 PM

Click it so you can see the highlight. Then zoom all the way out. Then double click it to select all of the same type. Then unforbid.

I'd been doing that, but was hoping there was a more elegant way.  Like shift- double click would select everything map-wide.

BlackSmokeDMax

The mod "Allow tool" does exactly what you are looking for.

jpinard