[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 25, 2017, 02:20:41 PM
Why do my medics need to anesthtize people to give them eyepatches and other simple strap-on prosthetics, like the metal arm, golden eye, wooden foot, etc. Also why are my medics ripping peoples heads off to put on an eyepatch? These "operations" should have like a 0% chance of failure if they're performed in a cesspool by someone with -1 medicine skill, just sayin.

I also think the simple prosthetics should be moved to medieval tech, just because it's a lot of hassle (even with tech level increasing mod) to research all the way up to micro electric basics just to make simple poseable prosthetics. Giving people action-figure hands seems like it shouldn't require an advanced industrial understanding.

My guess is that the game assumes it is just not throwing an eyepatch on, but going into the socket and cleaning any nastiness that remains from an eye being torn out. Same with a leg, preparing a stump to comfortably rest on the peg leg. It really comes down to balance, so you'll have to either put in a suggestion for a change and hope that comes to fruition, mod it out, or think of your own justification for why that is the way it is.

felarius

I am having an issue.  I have expanded prosthetics as well as quite a few other mods loaded.  When I went to install a bionic hand, once the surgery was complete, the hand disappeared even though no notice that the surgery was unsuccessful appeared.  I tried again with an artificial nose and a surrogate heart.  When I tried with the heart, I received the following error message:
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Ambas, Job=DoBill A=Thing_Human875762 B=Thing_SurrogateHeart972877 C=(151, 0, 184), Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RoomRoleDef.get_Worker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.<UpdateRoomStatsAndRole>m__772 (Verse.RoomRoleDef x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[RoomRoleDef,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[RoomRoleDef,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.UpdateRoomStatsAndRole () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.GetStat (Verse.RoomStatDef roomStat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Detour._Recipe_Surgery._CheckSurgeryFail (RimWorld.Recipe_Surgery s, Verse.Pawn surgeon, Verse.Pawn patient, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ingredients, Verse.BodyPartRecord part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Detour._Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart._ApplyOnPawn (RimWorld.Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart r, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Verse.Pawn billDoer, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ingredients) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Bill_Medical.Notify_IterationCompleted (Verse.Pawn billDoer, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ingredients) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey418.<>m__674 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.<DoRecipeWork>c__AnonStorey417:<>m__66F()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I recently added rumours and deception, colony leadership, pyschology and Dubs Bad Hygeine.  This is my first post so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place.

Seiryuu

Upgrading station doesn't work for me.
Even though i have all the materials needed, it says that there are not enough materials, etc. when i try to do it manually. And yes, i have over 10 crafting. And yes, i am sure about the materials, i got like 5k plasteel, bionic arms, etc.

McGuffin

Hi, there
I really like the mod, very neat, and quite balanced expect that new Vancidium thing.
I mean, the new high tech material is ok, but at the same time, it's pretty wierd to see primitive factions that wear only swords and bows, having stuff in vancidium in their inventory. Such stuff should only be found in pirate merchant or at least be very rare, and it's not actually.

In my last play through, a whole  caravane was killed by a manHunter event, I have been able to loot from them, then I got a bed, a chair, some weapons et even a piece of art in vancidium... This completely break the economic balance. Finally I dropped those items somewhere and decided to not use them at all, but this quite kills the feeling.

hal98

Quote from: McGuffin on February 06, 2017, 02:14:09 PM
Hi, there
I really like the mod, very neat, and quite balanced expect that new Vancidium thing.
I mean, the new high tech material is ok, but at the same time, it's pretty wierd to see primitive factions that wear only swords and bows, having stuff in vancidium in their inventory. Such stuff should only be found in pirate merchant or at least be very rare, and it's not actually.

In my last play through, a whole  caravane was killed by a manHunter event, I have been able to loot from them, then I got a bed, a chair, some weapons et even a piece of art in vancidium... This completely break the economic balance. Finally I dropped those items somewhere and decided to not use them at all, but this quite kills the feeling.

mcguffin try the EPOE hardcore mod, it doesnt have vancidium and it has less bugs etc. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0

McGuffin

ChairmanPoo

I prefer vanilla to hardcore. Hardcore lacks many of the more interesting implants (eg ribs, brain chips...)

karnovskov

Hey i like this mod, but it's really unbalanced. For example:
1. peg leg (market value 100$) - production cost 15 wooden logs x 1,4$ = 21$ (profit 79$)
2. steel arm (market value 50$) - production cost 75 steel x 2$ = 150$ (profit -100$)
3. golden eye (market value 1500$) - production cost 20 gold x 10$ = 200$ (profit 1300$) lol xd
4. advenced component (market value 50$) - production cost 5 vancidium x 400$ + 1 component x 21$ = 2021 (profit -1971$)
I became a millionaire in a short time. xD

sirgzu

Quote from: karnovskov on February 07, 2017, 06:54:05 AM
1. peg leg (market value 100$) - production cost 15 wooden logs x 1,4$ = 21$ (profit 79$)
2. steel arm (market value 50$) - production cost 75 steel x 2$ = 150$ (profit -100$)
3. golden eye (market value 1500$) - production cost 20 gold x 10$ = 200$ (profit 1300$) lol xd
4. advenced component (market value 50$) - production cost 5 vancidium x 400$ + 1 component x 21$ = 2021 (profit -1971$)
Yes crafting bionic eyes will also net you a stupid amount of gold for virtually no resources and little work / expertise
Rebalancing needed!!

mimib14

Even with EPOE at the bottom of my load order, I have duplicate operation bills in the operations menu. I went in and manually removed <RecipeUsers> from everything that was already in Races_Humanlike, but it's still doubled. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Dragoon

That's because you take resources, and make it into something, it's worth more. I don't know about you, but very few people would have the skill to mold these materials into any of these things. Or the required things to do that, if that's not a good example how about this. Ever go to a jewelry store? The cost for them versus the material required to make it's quite ridicules no?. That is proof that the amount materials don't really always justify the cost, as it shouldn't.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Rah

Quote from: mimib14 on February 08, 2017, 02:55:35 PM
Even with EPOE at the bottom of my load order, I have duplicate operation bills in the operations menu. I went in and manually removed <RecipeUsers> from everything that was already in Races_Humanlike, but it's still doubled. Does anyone know how to fix this??

That is fixed in EPOE Hardcore Version.

Quote from: Dragoon on February 09, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

That's because you take resources, and make it into something, it's worth more. I don't know about you, but very few people would have the skill to mold these materials into any of these things. Or the required things to do that, if that's not a good example how about this. Ever go to a jewelry store? The cost for them versus the material required to make it's quite ridicules no?. That is proof that the amount materials don't really always justify the cost, as it shouldn't.

Not to hijack the thread, but I did a lot of balance work in my version of this mod to reduce that problem, among other things. Feel free to try it out. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0

ChairmanPoo

The problem is that your version removes many of the more interesting cybernetics (eg ribs, brain implants, etc...). I like some of the streamlining you do, but not at the cost of being unable to cyber out characters.

Rah

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on February 11, 2017, 09:05:09 PM
The problem is that your version removes many of the more interesting cybernetics (eg ribs, brain implants, etc...). I like some of the streamlining you do, but not at the cost of being unable to cyber out characters.

I have to disagree with you there. I don't find the weird rib implants very interesting or realistic, and the brain implant was basically a complete reversal of terminal brain damage, which felt pretty cheap to me. I am however considering introducing a small neuro-stimulator which will help brain damaged colonists. But the ribs with drugs in them (especially the one with beer in it) just didn't sit right with me, and the stats they give are tiny. If you want a painkiller, you get the painstopper implant or a real drug, or if you want movement speed, you get the bionic legs or inject Go-Juice etc. You can still cyber out your colonists in my version, just not with ribs. --  So I respectfully disagree. ;)