[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Nocturnal

Yep, these are the problems with bionic animals. But if Tynan ever adds the option to perform surgeries on animals, EPOE will give you the option to enhance your pets with some nice bionics ^^ Imagine a cute little Yorkshire terrier with a hydraulic jaw...

Casuals

Tormound

Is this mod compatible glitter world tech? The mod author of that one apparently made it so it should be compatible with other surgery mods.

Ykara

Quote from: Nocturnal on August 24, 2015, 09:48:19 AM
Yep, these are the problems with bionic animals. But if Tynan ever adds the option to perform surgeries on animals, EPOE will give you the option to enhance your pets with some nice bionics ^^ Imagine a cute little Yorkshire terrier with a hydraulic jaw...

Casuals
*Image*
Haha, that's great, reminds me of that bizarre Russian experiment ^^ (don't search it up)

Quote from: Tormound on August 24, 2015, 11:51:44 AM
Is this mod compatible glitter world tech? The mod author of that one apparently made it so it should be compatible with other surgery mods.
I think so, it doesn't seem to change anything that could interfere with EPOE. Just test it and if you find any bugs, please report them!

Ykara

Update 1.51 - The biggish texture update!

Yo!
I just wanted to tell you that I've just released update 1.51. This update fixes all the building textures to fit the vanilla artstyle better. It doesn't seem like much, but it was pretty time consuming to change all the textures. And because I was already changing everything, I've also slightly improved some of the textures (different colors, shadows...).
And the AI chip now gives a talking bonus, too.
And Latta has updated the Korean translation, I really don't know why I can't work that fast ^^
Enjoy!

Changes:
*  "Vanillafied" all the building textures so they now fit better
*  Tweaked some textures
*  Basic prostheses now have their own texture again
*  The AI chip now gives a bonus for talking, too
*  Updated the Korean translation - thanks Latta!

killer117

If u think yorkshire terrier ith a hydraulic jaws scray, im agine a warg with bionic power legs and a hydraulic jaw with all sythetic organs. Those poor tribals never stood a chance :P
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

waywardking

I've been looking around in the Defs for a while, but don't know much about modding myself. I'm learning quite a bit about the surgery defs from your files though! I was curious, is it possible to have a prosthesis effect armor values? I noticed you added the exoskeleton, but it's only written to increase manipulation and movement. I'm trying to build super soldiers by completely replacing people with advanced bionics, but it seems like a lucky arrow or wooden shiv always manages to deal a fatal wound to a colonist who is 90% metal. Do you know, can the surgery system support stats like ArmorRating_Sharp and ArmorRating_Blunt?

Ykara

Quote from: waywardking on August 24, 2015, 06:36:02 PM
I've been looking around in the Defs for a while, but don't know much about modding myself. I'm learning quite a bit about the surgery defs from your files though! I was curious, is it possible to have a prosthesis effect armor values? I noticed you added the exoskeleton, but it's only written to increase manipulation and movement. I'm trying to build super soldiers by completely replacing people with advanced bionics, but it seems like a lucky arrow or wooden shiv always manages to deal a fatal wound to a colonist who is 90% metal. Do you know, can the surgery system support stats like ArmorRating_Sharp and ArmorRating_Blunt?
I haven't tested it for alpha 12, but unfortunately I don't think that it's possible. Would provide some interesting possibilities though...

ThreeMartiniLaunch

I would like to express my appreciation for this mod and its timely update to the latest version.

joshwoo69

Yes it is compatible with glitter tech for 1.0.
Played with glitter tech myself

Also i added a new thread in the suggestions page.
Here is the link : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15386.0

Ykara

Quote from: joshwoo69 on August 24, 2015, 07:09:11 PM
Yes it is compatible with glitter tech for 1.0.
Played with glitter tech myself

Also i added a new thread in the suggestions page.
Here is the link : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15386.0
Thanks for testing, I'm gonna add it to the main post!
And yes, release the bionic killer chicken!

Ouan

One day, old age and infirmities will not take our poor pets in their prime.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Damn Pirates!

waywardking

Quote from: Ykara on August 24, 2015, 07:04:55 PM
I haven't tested it for alpha 12, but unfortunately I don't think that it's possible. Would provide some interesting possibilities though...
Thanks for the response! That's too bad though. It definitely would open some possibilities, since the stats category has a lot of cool features related to skill chances, armor, mental break thresholds... I was hoping to get an Aimbot Implant that increases accuracy and reduces aim time.

If armors can't be modified, what about BodyPartDef attributes like hitPoints? The left arm has a puny 30 hitpoints as flesh and bone. I notice it also has a frostbiteVulnerability value.

Mikhail Reign

As awesome as they are, bionics are generally bad for you colonists yeah? I mean when you replace an arm with a bionic one, instead of having 5 fingers and a bunch of arm bones it can hit, it now just has 'bionic arm'. Even with just the extremities (let's say 2 bones each + digits) and a head, the chance of a head shot on a normal colonist is 1 in 29. On a bionic colonist it drops to 1 in 5.

Now I'm not an expert on this, but this has been my experience. Gunshot locations are random. Bionic parts give less options meaning the bad ones (heart brain liver) get increase chances to get shot.

Anything I be wrong there or am I talking gibberish?

DahBunny

Got this strange problem, without any jaw implants, my colonists all seem to have the silent jaw debuff

Ykara

Quote from: waywardking on August 25, 2015, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: Ykara on August 24, 2015, 07:04:55 PM
Thanks for the response! That's too bad though. It definitely would open some possibilities, since the stats category has a lot of cool features related to skill chances, armor, mental break thresholds... I was hoping to get an Aimbot Implant that increases accuracy and reduces aim time.

If armors can't be modified, what about BodyPartDef attributes like hitPoints? The left arm has a puny 30 hitpoints as flesh and bone. I notice it also has a frostbiteVulnerability value.
You can't change the hitpoints of bionic body parts, because they're defined in the BodyParts_Humanoid.xml. As far as I know you can only change the hitpoints of natural body parts and the bionics just take the hitpoints of the part they're installed on.

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 26, 2015, 02:07:45 AM
As awesome as they are, bionics are generally bad for you colonists yeah? I mean when you replace an arm with a bionic one, instead of having 5 fingers and a bunch of arm bones it can hit, it now just has 'bionic arm'. Even with just the extremities (let's say 2 bones each + digits) and a head, the chance of a head shot on a normal colonist is 1 in 29. On a bionic colonist it drops to 1 in 5.

Now I'm not an expert on this, but this has been my experience. Gunshot locations are random. Bionic parts give less options meaning the bad ones (heart brain liver) get increase chances to get shot.

Anything I be wrong there or am I talking gibberish?
That actually makes sense, I guess ^^ But I think the advantages of bionics are bigger than the disadvantage of getting more headshots, just wear a proper helmet ^^

Quote from: DahBunny on August 26, 2015, 03:22:56 AM
Got this strange problem, without any jaw implants, my colonists all seem to have the silent jaw debuff
Ooooooops, thanks for reporting! That was a bug, you get the thought because you've installed a drugged rib. I've just copied that def and forgot to change it to SilentJaw, but not it's fixed. Just redownload the mod and everything should work fine! Or you could just change the hediff in Thoughts_EPOE to SilentJaw, that would work too.