Ability to perform surgery on animals

Started by joshwoo69, August 24, 2015, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bionic chickens?

Yes! (State reasons)
No! (State reasons)
Maybee? (State reasons)

joshwoo69

This thread is now closed thanks to the awesome Latta!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.60

mumblemumble

Amputation x 4 = stump the no legged dog
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

chomp9210

As soon as i had my first run in with raiders and (unfortunately) lost one of my pets legs, this was the first thing i searched for. It would be so great if this was made possible and would definitely be an improvement to the game.

joshwoo69

b0rsuk

One of first uses would be:
- install a peg leg on mufallo (x4)
- remove a liver from mufallo
- remove an eye from mufallo (x2)
...for Medicine training. Level 20 before the end of the first year. There's currently no mood loss for anything related to animals, and animals are very cheap compared to colonists. You can even breed them. Mutilate tiny piglets to learn Medicine.

Boston

^

Uh, yeah? That is what doctors actually did.

That, and use human corpses as training aids. Which, there is a mod for that, that I use. Works awesome, and gives my doctor some experience before they go chopping people up for reals.

b0rsuk

Well I'm happy such animal abuse is not currently possible in Rimworld.

Real world doctors went pretty far. The guy responsible for inventing of life support machinery would cut dog heads, plug them to his apparatus, and see how long he could keep it alive, or at least twitching. Makes horrors sound tame.

Boston

I don't want to make this about animal rights/welfare....

but if 10, or even 100, pigs have to die, so that my surgeon doesn't horribly botch up an operation, then guess what?

Those animals will die without anything more than a quick signature.

Same thing with diseases. I will inject 10,000 lab-mice with a disease in order to find a cure.

Humans are infinitely more important than animals. Does that mean I don't care about them, or want them to feel pain? No, but if an animal has to die so that a human can live, then, well, I won't be crying very hard over it.

Ykara

Quote from: Boston on August 25, 2015, 12:19:11 PM

but if 10, or even 100, pigs have to die, so that my surgeon doesn't horribly botch up an operation, then guess what?

Same thing with diseases. I will inject 10,000 lab-mice with a disease in order to find a cure.

Humans are infinitely more important than animals. Does that mean I don't care about them, or want them to feel pain? No, but if an animal has to die so that a human can live, then, well, I won't be crying very hard over it.
Let's watch how a Rimworld suggestion turns into a debate of principles...

pigman999999999

Quote from: Boston on August 25, 2015, 12:19:11 PM

well i will care if its a dog if its a cat i will be very very happy and any other pet or anmal meh i dont care

Barley

Why are you wasting valuable Swine on surgery and vaccinations when you have a perfectly serviceable supply of KO'd raiders to practice on instead! >:)

joshwoo69

Quote from: Barley on August 25, 2015, 07:06:04 PM
Why are you wasting valuable Swine on surgery and vaccinations when you have a perfectly serviceable supply of KO'd raiders to practice on instead! >:)
Oh yeah you could have that...

FreddyFazbear

It would be awesome if we could give limbs to dogs, cats, cows, etc whose limbs got shot off! But i don't want to think about animals having human limbs though... That would be creepy! >.<

joshwoo69

Quote from: FreddyFazbear on August 25, 2015, 07:10:09 PM
It would be awesome if we could give limbs to dogs, cats, cows, etc whose limbs got shot off! But i don't want to think about animals having human limbs though... That would be creepy! >.<
Ah ues true.. but there will be no arms but 4 legs and 0 arm attachment.... unless you want a centaur... :P