[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

ChairmanPoo

Ykara

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on April 20, 2017, 04:40:58 PM
Hello, is 2.0 sneak peek getting updated?
Yes! And oh boy, it's a big update! I've just released it here and I will upload it on Steam as soon as I have figured out how I can upload it as a seperate mod, so give it a try! It's only available for Alpha 17 though!

Preview Version 2.0 - A New Beginning!
I've been away for quite some time, because I've been playing Mass Effect Andromeda and then kinda lost all interest in video games, but now I'm back!
I have been working on this update for quite some time, so it's pretty extensive and has a lot of new features, like A WHOLE NEW TIER OF PARTS! Glitterworld Parts are even more advanced than Advanced Bionic Parts and can only be obtained through traders. These parts are implants for healthy body parts, for example a cornea implant for sharpshooters, muscle stimulators or 5 different sets of auxiliary AIs that help your pawns do their job! So instead of for example training your doctors, you can now put an AI into their brain that tells them how to correctly apply an eyepatch without removing two kidneys! Great, isn't it?
But there are also numerous other changes, for example mending scars is back! But there is one bug I'd like to fix, because it is now possible to just mend scars in the brain, making brain stimulators obsolete. So if someone could tell me how the exclude brains, I'd be incredibly grateful!
Also, it's now possible to put AI persona cores in the head of your colonists! Because what could possibly go wrong? If you feel like that's a good idea, do it, but on your own risk!

Changes:
*  Restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4
*  Added a whole new range of new and even more advanced implants: Glitterworld Parts!
*  Readded the option to mend scars!
*  Removed Vancidium and replaced it with Uranium
*  Replaced advanced components with energized components
*  Added the option to install AI persona cores
*  AI-Chip and Brain Stimulator are now implants
*  Energized components now have an unfinished item
*  Adjusted countless market values
*  Finally renamed the artificial heart to synthetic heart

Have fun!

Edit: It's on Steam! Get it here!

kurus

Great work! Keep it updated! I like new changes. Already played it with Alpha 17.

However. Research menu looks bad. A17.1536.
https://i.imgur.com/dkPC1vA.jpg

Ykara

Quote from: kurus on May 15, 2017, 01:34:37 PM
Great work! Keep it updated! I like new changes. Already played it with Alpha 17.

However. Research menu looks bad. A17.1536.
https://i.imgur.com/dkPC1vA.jpg
Thanks ^^
And yes, "bad" is an understatement, it looks absolutely horrible. I personally use the Organized Research Tab mod from Lazevedo, because I don't know if it's possible to fix the research menu any other way. Every tip on how it is done is appreciated!

Joedox

Hello,

Why not put the same color of health improvements on object boxes.
As below:

Ps: Would it be possible to find another graphic for energized components? Personally this one I do not like it.

@ +

Ykara

Quote from: Joedox on May 20, 2017, 03:32:41 PM
Hello,

Why not put the same color of health improvements on object boxes.
As below:

-snip-

Ps: Would it be possible to find another graphic for energized components? Personally this one I do not like it.

That's actually a great idea, why did I never think about it? Yep, maybe I'll do that, thanks for the suggestion!
And about the component texture, what exactly bothers you? I kinda like it, but I must agree that there is definitely room for improvement.

Joedox

Hello,

I do not think it looks like components.

In the game the red part looks like powder in a box.

I made the following pictures (but they do not correspond with the graphics of the game):

Otherwise here are the texture for the different health improvements:

@ +

FrozenSnowFox

Quote from: Ykara on May 16, 2017, 05:12:33 PM
Thanks ^^
And yes, "bad" is an understatement, it looks absolutely horrible. I personally use the Organized Research Tab mod from Lazevedo, because I don't know if it's possible to fix the research menu any other way. Every tip on how it is done is appreciated!

You can change the position of research projects by using X and Y coordinates on each research project def.  Unfortunately even if you do that it might not fit nicely in with existing research or other mods if you need to add half a dozen research projects.  Organised Research is the best way to fix it and I'm surprised it wasn't implemented into the game with A17.  Anyway X is horizontal and Y is vertical on the research tree.  You'll probably need to screw around entering and exiting the game to get positioning right.

<researchViewX>0</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>

Ykara

Quote from: Joedox on May 21, 2017, 02:04:34 AM
Hello,

I do not think it looks like components.

In the game the red part looks like powder in a box.

I made the following pictures (but they do not correspond with the graphics of the game):

Otherwise here are the texture for the different health improvements:

@ +
I have now implemented your idea, thanks for the idea!
And about the component texture, I've taken your suggestion (thanks for that!) and merged it with the old one, now it looks like this:

I like it, especially because of the green color, which makes sense considering it's made out of uranium. What do you think?

Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on May 21, 2017, 04:52:29 AM
You can change the position of research projects by using X and Y coordinates on each research project def.  Unfortunately even if you do that it might not fit nicely in with existing research or other mods if you need to add half a dozen research projects.  Organised Research is the best way to fix it and I'm surprised it wasn't implemented into the game with A17.  Anyway X is horizontal and Y is vertical on the research tree.  You'll probably need to screw around entering and exiting the game to get positioning right.

<researchViewX>0</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>
Wow, Thank you very much, I didn't know that that's possible! Although it seems like a real pain in the ass to fit them in with the vanilla research projects, but I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks!

Orpheus

Rather than fiddling with X and Y, there is also a mod which simply abolishes the research tree and restores it to the list format used prior to A16.  It's available from Steam, not sure if it's on these forums or not.  I think it's called Research List.  Probably hasn't been updated for A17 yet, but I would think it would be pretty simple to do so (if it even needs updating - I don't know what has changed in coding terms, you might not need to change it at all)

Joedox

Hello,

I do not understand the gray part of the texture.

Otherwise I will attach the textures to you in higher resolution, will be easier for you to modify them (with the green color :) ).

@ +

Johnny_Bandit

So, I'm playing with the A16 2.0 preview, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to mend scars, how would one do so?

Ykara

Quote from: Johnny_Bandit on May 21, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
So, I'm playing with the A16 2.0 preview, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to mend scars, how would one do so?
Fixing scars is only available in the A17 build, sorry :/ The A16 version is pretty much only the new workbench layout and uranium instead of vancidium.

deathstar

So exciting! Thank you for all the work. Now we just need RMS and A17 can come!

Ykara

Quote from: deathstar on May 22, 2017, 01:47:15 PM
So exciting! Thank you for all the work. Now we just need RMS and A17 can come!
My pleasure ;)
I actually do plan to update RMS, but especially the EPOE version is just extremely much work. And I have encountered problems with natural organs that I can't seem to fix. But we'll see, maybe it will come back!