[A13] A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.13.2]

Started by A2Bcorp, February 21, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsof69

But i love this mod so much I cant play without it  :'(

r4ky

i really dont understand how that work for help your collony (maybe because i'am not english so i don't really understand what is say but i tryed few time for see and...)
So, someone can put a vids or pic of his collony with a A2B System ?

Thanks so much

Ninefinger

Update (23/06/15)
-Fixed all graphical bugs

Here is an updated release, if nothing else i hope this helps A2Bcorp out a bit. A2B Conveyors A11

All credit goes to A2Bcorp and special thanks to Obs for providing the update.

Did, erm, did Obs decompile then recompile the source?

I just ask because of the file structure in the download provided is completely different than the actual file structure which is available for anyone to download on github.  As noone said, we'd prefer that people don't share unofficial releases but instead offer help to resolve issues to speed an official release.  Releasing something like this may cause confusion for the users down the road and may lead to cluttering up the thread with posts which aren't related to A2B.  If A2B ever becomes "dead in the water," please offer to join the team to keep the project alive instead.

Also, I'm not sure what "graphical bugs" where fixed in this.  The issue we're having has to do with the animated graphics and not simply the drawSize (that I fixed as a round-one pass during my code update).  The glitch we're having is much deeper than that and has to do with animation of the teleporter/receivers.

Anyway, noone is now reviewing the code to see if he can find a solution and if he can't in the next day we'll make teleporters use a static graphic and release an official A11 update with the animated glitch to be fixed later.

Look for an official update in the next 24-72 hours and thanks everyone for all your support.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Hellandlife

I don't think Ninefinger is trying to "takeover" your mod. He's just doing it so he can use it in the modpack he provides till your official mod update to alpha 11. Where he generally switches over. I'm sure he will remove the download link when you update it.
He has given you the credit. If you view his topic it now links to all mod creaters and authors of them.
Remmeber, you make the mods for people to play. He's simply providing a temporary fix till then ;)
Can I ask though. Is there any updated how to with this mod? It's a tad confusing with the new selectors.
master tynan the nerfking of alpha muphalo emporium (tynan sylvester my role playing name for you, <3 )

I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh or like I was making an accusation, I was just confused as to the method - why decompile-recompile when the sources are available?  Also, perhaps it's better to first PM the original mod author (in this case noone) and/or another active member of the mod team (TehJoE/myself) before uploading to the community at large.  This is fairly common practice in modding scenes.

To put that all to bed, no harm has been done and no offence has been taken.  Certainly no animosity is coming from the A2B team on this, we appreciate that people like the mod well enough to take the time to do their own updates when the devs are slacking, er, have real life.  ¬¸¬

As to a "how-to" manual for A2B, I was thinking on this myself and perhaps a couple animated gifs to demonstrate some key concepts would help.  Most notably the "soft selectors" seem to cause some confusion.

Right now I am working on finalizing the new graphics I got from noone last night with the code updates for A11.  Stay tuned!

Edit:
Added a poll to the OP about power transmission.  I'm on the fence about this so I want you, the user, to let me know!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

rsof69

Alkailel

The components of the belt must not transfer power. The equipment must not be used for transmission of power lines - in this case, its use becomes dangerous. It is more logical to lay wires separately, implying that they are neatly stacked / hidden in boxes, etc. I think that as more believable.

A2Bcorp

Alpha 11 is ready!

Teleporter/receiver form their own add-on now.  Don't worry about the graphic glitch with them, that will be fixed.  It's just a visual anomaly, the components themselves work fine.

People seem to be on the fence about the power transmission issue.  Nothing on that front will change right now and if it does, it will be in Alpha 12.  If you have an opinion on the subject, please feel free to share it and discuss it.

A2B is committed to bringing you the tools you need to build a successful colony.  As such, we want feedback from our users on how to improve our products.

Hey people,

I accidentally cleared the poll results while trying figure out how to delete the poll.

The results where as follows:
Q: Should the belt components transmit power?
A (5 votes): Yes, I don't want to build power conduits!
A (3 votes): No, I want more control over my power grid!

Personally, I don't think there were even enough votes to be definitive.  I'm leaning towards "no" myself but I didn't vote.  Even so, it seems that even the community is on the fence about it.