Where to place interface textures?

Started by jabbamonkey, February 21, 2015, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

I'm in the midst of recreating the interface graphics ... however, I don't know where to replace them?  Can someone help me out with the correct texture path?

And, when I have these graphics ready, will I need to edit an Def files?

Shinzy

Core/Textures/UI/

then bunch of folders for each thing
UI/Buttons for most the interface things, I can't say what the filenames for the new icons are cause Ty hasn't updated the art asset files but I'm sure someone can find those out using their magic ;D
but you can see most of the file paths by looking at the art assets the stuff in the UI folder

and you wouldn't need to edit anything for these! (unless there's some strange exceptions but =P)

skullywag

find a unity assets explorer to see the filenames.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

I took the time to extract the images from the game using Unity Assets Explorer and put them in a 7z file. I didn't do all the work of flipping the images and saving them as .png so you'll need to do that yourself. Just use your paint.net or gimp or photoshop or whatever to open the *.tex.dds files and then flip vertically.

A9 Rimworld Art Resources Raw Files

skullywag

I would of checked with Tynan first on this, im sure its fine...but you are sharing his collateral and he may have not updated the thread for a reason....just covering your back.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 05:21:20 PM
I would of checked with Tynan first on this, im sure its fine...but you are sharing his collateral and he may have not updated the thread for a reason....just covering your back.

I figured since the Asset Explorer was posted on a thread here and that hasn't been removed it would be fine to post a link to the product of that program. I'll remove the link if I'm officially asked to though. Certainly wouldn't want to step on Tynan's toes.

jabbamonkey

I still have some more icons to create, but here's a glimpse at what I'm working on...

I'm going to start placing them in my Core/Textures/UI/Buttons folder and see if they work...

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Shinzy on February 21, 2015, 04:31:26 PM
Core/Textures/UI/

then bunch of folders for each thing
UI/Buttons ...

Using the resources folder that was posted, I got all the image names. However, I'm still not sure where to place the images in order to get the images to show up in the game.

I tried placing all the images in the folder ....
Core/Textures/UI
... and that didn't work. So I tried putting all the images in ...
Core/Textures/UI/Buttons
... and that didn't work. So I tried to search the Def files and looked for UI paths in there. I found the following path and tried to place all the images into the following folder ...
Core/Textures/UI/Overlays/Designations/
... and that didn't work.

Anyone know where I have to place these?

Shinzy

Textures/UI/Designators

buttons is for the small things like the edit icon in where you rename colonist and the tiny plus/minus buttons in bills

I'm not sure what the Overlays/Designations are for *shrug*

Edit: oh! and these are gorgeuss! not a big fan of how sharp the shrubberies are but I'm wanting to still use all of them ;D
if you could pack them all in a zip so I wouldn't have to break my clicker with copying them all individually though! *shakes fist* curse you jabbamon!

jabbamonkey

Thanks Shinzy.
I created a post that has a mod I created, along with the UI textures...
VIEW POST

Some problems though...

Some Names Not Working
I checked the "resources" folder that was uploaded earlier for some of the file names, and some of the filenames aren't correct (or the images need to go somewhere else).  Can someone help with find out the correct name (or path) for these images...

- I've tried naming this Hide, and HideZone ... neither works.
- I've tried naming this Rename, and RenameZone ... neither worked.
- I've tried naming this Orders, and OrdersStart ... neither worked.

Dumping Stockpile same as Stockpile Zone

So, I created an image for the stockpile zone, and a separate image for the dumping zone. Unfortunately, it looks like the game uses the same graphic for each. Is there a way to remedy this? I'd like to avoid editing Def files, but that seems like the only way...

Shinzy

UI/Commands
for all the orders that can only be accessed by clicking an object
get out of bed, launch ship etc

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Shinzy on February 23, 2015, 02:42:39 PM
UI/Commands
for all the orders that can only be accessed by clicking an object
get out of bed, launch ship etc

Awesome. That worked great.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the Stockpile and Dumping Stockpile images to be different?