[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTemplarlord

Telkir

Quote from: DarkTemplarlord on August 25, 2015, 08:48:23 AM
i hope you coud update this to alpha 12
skyarkhangel already updated it. There's a download link at the very bottom of page 13 of the thread.

SkySorcerer

I can't find a way to make skyarkhangel's update work on 12d. The entire Work tab breaks down. Any ideas?

Kairo

Quote from: SkySorcerer on September 11, 2015, 06:03:13 AM
I can't find a way to make skyarkhangel's update work on 12d. The entire Work tab breaks down. Any ideas?

Hi,

With EDB "Interface Pre-release 3.0.4" and vanilla workstab menu, it's working.
With EDB "Interface Pre-release 3.0.4" and Wivex "Work Presets 1.1", it's working too.

got an other UI mod running ?

harpo99999

Quote from: SkySorcerer on September 11, 2015, 06:03:13 AM
I had this happen when adding to an existing game, BUT starting a new game and all working

Kulverstukass

It would be sooooo good, if there would be option for "Mend your own equipped apparel". (sorry for bad english if any)
Besides, working just fine with last RW and 3.0.4pre Edb interface mod.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Kairo

Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 11, 2015, 08:41:29 PM
It would be sooooo good, if there would be option for "Mend your own equipped apparel". (sorry for bad english if any)
Besides, working just fine with last RW and 3.0.4pre Edb interface mod.

Would like that feature too  :)

pigman999999999

dont think this bug is being cased by the mod itself and i dont want to make you spend a week or so pinpointing it case i have LIKE 40-50 MODS so but lets get on with the bug any item or wep or clothing gets teled to the meanders hand and well you got it meaded im not complining but i dont think my mender has a a tele in his pocket and holy shit 5th time in  a row only male game AND i dont do it on purpose only the men live!?

Kinsume

I'm pretty interested in your Mending mod, it says A11b but will it work in A12 or will there be issues with it? I find the deterioration to be kind of annoying, especially when I drop 7k on some good power armor and I see its % going down and absolutely no way to fix it back up lol.

harpo99999

kinsume, check out skyarkangel's reply at the bottom of page 13, and after adding it to the mods, start a new game and it shoudl allow any non-equiped items to be repaired

Lupin III

I can confirm that adding the mod to an existing game will break it. The works tab only shows a single colonist for which the priority boxes stop somewhere around the "craft" box. Also the colonists will get stuck "standing" after they finished their last task (from before saving). They can still be drafted and moved around and commanded to do stuff (but will stand around again after doing that). The problem isn't there when starting a new colony with the exact same mod setup.

I guess it's due to the fact that colonists are missing the "mend" assignment in the savegame, which breaks loading? Are there any savegame hacks I can do to add it to an existing game?
You should also think if it's really necessary to add new work type just for mending. Why not let the "crafters" do it? Not only should that make the mod savegame compatible (as long as you don't have a mending bench built when removing the mod), but it would also make compatibility easier with other mods.

Kinsume

Thanks harp for pointing that out, and thanks sky for making it :) downloading it and trying right now with a new game.

Edit : Sadly it did not work, even on a completely new world and map I still got the same bug as Lupin III did above me. Pity.

Edit 2 : I was an idiot and didn't take the mending folder out of the original folder it extracted to before putting it into rimworld's mod folder, now it works just fine.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Lupin III on September 21, 2015, 01:10:08 PM
I can confirm that adding the mod to an existing game will break it.
For me the only described type of problem was due to FishIndustry mod, maybe any mod that add new job will be incompatible with Mending.
After deleting FishIndustry (anyway had near to zero water on map) i've had no problem with continue playing in pre-Mending save.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Lupin III

Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 21, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
After deleting FishIndustry (anyway had near to zero water on map) i've had no problem with continue playing in pre-Mending save.
I did some savegame hacks (managed to get mending to work in an existing game) and can tell you most likely why that worked.
In the save file there's an entry for every colonist's work priorities, which looks like this:

<workSettings>
<priorities>
<vals>
<li>0</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>4</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>3</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>3</li>
<li>4</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>1</li>
</vals>
</priorities>
</workSettings>

The number of li items is equal to the number of work types. As you can see, there's absolutely no reference as to which item refers to which work. In fact I found out that the "mend" priority is added at the end of the list, even though in the works tab it appears after "art". So the order in the GUI and the savefile are not the same. If you add a mod that adds a work type to an existing game, there aren't enough entries, which the game really doesn't like. If you had the fishing mod installed, but removed it, you have a superfluous entry. So in your case the game doesn't break, although it doesn't know that the number it found wasn't meant to be for "mend".

Now that I used the mod a little I feel even stronger that the work type "mend" should be removed! Not only is it much more prone to compatibility issues, it's more of an annoyance then help that it has to be set as a separate work. Just use the "craft" (or "tailor" or "smith") work for it and use the skill level for the speed of the mending and add a chance that the quality of the item changes according to skill (in the same way as when making it from scratch).

Beathrus

Quote from: Lupin III on September 21, 2015, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: Kulverstukass on September 21, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
I did some savegame hacks (managed to get mending to work in an existing game) and can tell you most likely why that worked.
In the save file there's an entry for every colonist's work priorities, which looks like this:

<workSettings>
<priorities>
<vals>
<li>0</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>4</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>3</li>
<li>0</li>
<li>3</li>
<li>4</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>2</li>
<li>1</li>
<li>1</li>
</vals>
</priorities>
</workSettings>

The number of li items is equal to the number of work types. As you can see, there's absolutely no reference as to which item refers to which work. In fact I found out that the "mend" priority is added at the end of the list, even though in the works tab it appears after "art". So the order in the GUI and the savefile are not the same. If you add a mod that adds a work type to an existing game, there aren't enough entries, which the game really doesn't like. If you had the fishing mod installed, but removed it, you have a superfluous entry. So in your case the game doesn't break, although it doesn't know that the number it found wasn't meant to be for "mend".

Now that I used the mod a little I feel even stronger that the work type "mend" should be removed! Not only is it much more prone to compatibility issues, it's more of an annoyance then help that it has to be set as a separate work. Just use the "craft" (or "tailor" or "smith") work for it and use the skill level for the speed of the mending and add a chance that the quality of the item changes according to skill (in the same way as when making it from scratch).

If mending was to be removed, the Table should be as well; and Simply place a 'mend item' type of work order on the tables. And then choose what is to be mended and what is a priority. :/