[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wastelander

Oops, I just uploaded a fixed version so they shouldn't show weapons when mending items.

Also, while I think I left construction as the skill tied to mending, when doing the actual work no skills matter. Everybody mends at the same speed.

Humort

Quote from: Wastelander on March 04, 2015, 08:59:52 PMOops, I just uploaded a fixed version so they shouldn't show weapons when mending items.  Also, while I think I left construction as the skill tied to mending, when doing the actual work no skills matter. Everybody mends at the same speed.

Thank you
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Giraffe

I see all the suggestions of features and I want to sneak one in real quick. As far as the type of work required, I think crafting should be the skill used, and colonists crafting skill should determine how much an item is healed for, like:

((Crafting level) x 5)% + (Items condition%) =  (Items new condition%) ≤ 100%

That way it takes less work and is more convenient for more experienced colonists, though I realize the crafting skill is a bit of a catch-all from the get.

Wastelander

I just released the Skill Lock mod, which will let you lock down production buildings to prevent low-skill colonists from using them. With this mod, you can
-Prevent bad cooks from giving everybody food poisoning
-Make sure the colonists making gold crafts are highly skilled
-Set a workbench so only low skill colonists can use it, so they train up using cheap materials

Boboid

Holy crap, I'll actually be able to craft stone blocks AND craft clothing simultaneously without my high-skill crafter constantly trying to create blocks!

You're my hero!

Edit: heh there's actually not a skill lock tab on stonecutting benches. Can still prevent plebs from making clothing and such however.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Giraffe

Been asking for a skill requirement for ages!! Damn dude, you're good.

SilverTitch

Thank you waste, this goes a long way towards something similar to a mod i suggested (skill block mod). brilliant work. thanks!

have now left a link in my suggestion thread to here, this way anyone else making or better still anyone else thinking "aye that's a gid idea" will be able to grab your mod.
once again thanks bud.

><

Famous Shoes

These all look fantastic. Skill lock for surgical operations maybe?

"Oh oh  oh, but I've cut off his head!"

"Bloody hell: you were just strapping on a peg leg. You don't even need a knife for that!"

PS I've not had a chance to dig far enough for a proper report on mending, so I apologize for the incompleteness of this: I've seen a number of reservation errors around the mend bench I think happening between mend completion and hauling of mended item, i.e., hauling target B to C. Happens when there are a lot of active haulers around.

SilverTitch

Quote from: Famous Shoes on March 05, 2015, 08:52:19 AM
These all look fantastic. Skill lock for surgical operations maybe?

"Oh oh  oh, but I've cut off his head!"

"Bloody hell: you were just strapping on a peg leg. You don't even need a knife for that!"

PS I've not had a chance to dig far enough for a proper report on mending, so I apologize for the incompleteness of this: I've seen a number of reservation errors around the mend bench I think happening between mend completion and hauling of mended item, i.e., hauling target B to C. Happens when there are a lot of active haulers around.

Aye cracking idea. met that prob before myself when removing organs from prisoners. harvest lung. "blah blah has failed in minor operation way". *checks health*, "head cut off". err excuse me doc, but where are your lungs? actually laughed at the game when i read it, wish it was vidieod for all to see. not only is beheading minor fail. hahaha. but its no where near operation area! maybe ma doc is just corrupt, or hates pirate's.

><

Bro, your skill lock mod is roflwtfamazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been waiting for something like this for soooo long :D

Ykara

I haven't tried it yet, but hell that looks awesome. I've always wanted to keep total noobs from poisoning my food.

prophetik

with this mod enabled, i occasionally get issues where an item (like a knife or other weapon) can't be hauled because there's nowhere configured for it, even if the storage location for that item is huge. anyone else get this?

Pokk720

The skill lock feature is something I've been looking for but I'm hoping you could make it compatible with other mods that add new production tables.