[A12d] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending updated by skyarkhangel

Started by Wastelander, February 25, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

I was going to started a suggest post about some way to limit who can use a station. I had some idea about put it in the billed. So only some pawns could use the set billed. But your skill based work station a much better idea then I had. All 3 of the mod's you have here much like EdB mod's are going in to my I need to play the game list of mod's. Good job I hope the skill base mod ends up in the vanilla game.

Wastelander

QuoteEdit: heh there's actually not a skill lock tab on stonecutting benches. Can still prevent plebs from making clothing and such however.
Ah, rats. I'll check into that. IIRC stonecutting tables are weird, they don't grant XP either...

QuoteEDIT: Ok, just encounte a problem.
The skill lock just work on vanilla workbenches 100%.
It work's at Rikki's M&C Electronic/security table, but not at the tables from Mechanical Defence 2 and not at your own Mending table.
Shoot, I didn't think there were that many mods that added new skill tables, so I only tested with the vanilla ones. I guess I'll have to put some time into figuring out how to get that working with modded tables. Note that it only applies to tables that use Bills, so it won't apply to my mending table (mending doesn't require any skills anyway) or to any mod tables that don't use bills.

QuoteEdit2: Can you check the mending part ? The setting from the table don't get safed. After a load it get reseted to defaul, anything on.
Yup, I'll check that out, probably a bug in my mod.

Quotewith this mod enabled, i occasionally get issues where an item (like a knife or other weapon) can't be hauled because there's nowhere configured for it, even if the storage location for that item is huge. anyone else get this?
Yeah, I think that's when two haulers try to choose the same spot. The error shouldn't be too bad, it'll just print the warning to the logs but they should find a different spot to haul to. I'll try to fix this soon anyway.

Wastelander

Oh, also

QuoteI had some idea about put it in the billed. So only some pawns could use the set billed

If this feature was in core, I'd definitely put it in the Bill config dialog screen, not per-table. But looking at what it would take to mod in, it looked possible but it looked like a big pain, so I did it per-table instead. :)

If Tynan wants to incorporate a feature like this into the core game, I'd be happy to whip up a little suggested implementation.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Wastelander on March 05, 2015, 03:37:44 PM
Oh, also

QuoteI had some idea about put it in the billed. So only some pawns could use the set billed

If this feature was in core, I'd definitely put it in the Bill config dialog screen, not per-table. But looking at what it would take to mod in, it looked possible but it looked like a big pain, so I did it per-table instead. :)

If Tynan wants to incorporate a feature like this into the core game, I'd be happy to whip up a little suggested implementation.
Yep I use a lot of mod's and this dose not work with there table. And putting it in the billed would fix it so it would do that. But it real is no big deal the main one I will use it with is the cooking table. And a few other in the vanilla game. So it works out nice.  ;D

Edit: Opps I am wrong after last night and the first time I used the skill lock mod. That most of the tables from other mods had no tab for the lock . But went on tonight and they now have a tab so that most have been just need a reset to the game.

RemingtonRyder

Skill lock looks awesome. I'll have to try it out! :)

I've made an add-on patch for Winter is Here so that Skill Lock will work on kit-based work tables too. Hasn't been tested yet though.

Asfalto

Is there a way to set a threshold for mending?

I want them to repair items only when they fall under X%

?

Famous Shoes

With the mending mod and just core enabled, selecting a pawn and right clicking any crafting table throws an error, which prevents the context menu from popping, e.g., if you want a pawn to prioritize working at that table. Also affects tables added by other mods.

Mending mod: Could not find MenderBuildingComp on mending table

Let me know if there any other info or repro steps you'd like to try out.

Famous Shoes

@Asfalto I just happened to be looking at this code, so you know: what I see in the current release is that it's hard-coded to look for items with health less than the item's max health.

Wastelander

Just posted a fixed version of Mending to address these:

QuoteEdit2: Can you check the mending part ? The setting from the table don't get safed. After a load it get reseted to defaul, anything on.
This is fixed,

Quotewith this mod enabled, i occasionally get issues where an item (like a knife or other weapon) can't be hauled because there's nowhere configured for it, even if the storage location for that item is huge. anyone else get this?
This should be fixed now...

QuoteWith the mending mod and just core enabled, selecting a pawn and right clicking any crafting table throws an error, which prevents the context menu from popping, e.g., if you want a pawn to prioritize working at that table.
Thanks for pointing that out, but I don't think it's preventing the menu from popping. I was logging that unnecessarily, so I've removed that logging, but I've confirmed context menus still pop. Make sure there's a bill configured at that table and you have the necessary resources laying around (I tested by building a cook table, having berries laying around, and creating a "simple meal" bill).

Wastelander

Also, I get errors when I select a mending table for the first time or change the radius below 100 for the first time, per load. I have no idea how to fix those :( but they don't appear to cause any bad behavior, just a log line. I know it's annoying, but for the time being please run Mending with dev mode off (or click "don't auto open on error" in the console).

Wastelander

Just uploaded a fixed version of the Skills Lock mod:

-All buildings that have a bills tab should now have a Skill Lock tab. Buildings with recipes that don't define a skill (like the stonecutter's) are now included in this mod and the skill lock should work on them. Buildings that don't require skills will still show the tab, but the tab will just say no skills required.
-Improved compatibility with other mods; any mod that adds a building that uses the bill giver system (that is, has a Bills tab) should have a Skill Lock tab now. I tested this with Winter is Here and it worked there. Can't guarantee it'll work *everywhere*, but incompatibilities should be rare.
-Dragging the minimum skill requirement above the maximum now raises the maximum. You can't drag the max below the min either.

Famous Shoes

@Wastelander you were quite right about the error message not blocking the menu; once I'd solved the actual root cause (my brain being missing), all was well.

Stup-krou

Thanks for this mod Wastelander, i really enjoy it.
I didnt encounter any bug or issue with it so far. The only problem i saw is like Asfalto pointed out you cant set a treshold to repair items with -x%. That would be the best thing because my mender tends to waste too much time repairing items he repaired the day before and are still 98% condition.  It seemed like maybe, the mender would go for the best shaped items to repair first.
So if you can implement a damage treshold and repair damaged items first, the mod would be just perfect and 100% efficient IMO.

arammco

Quote from: Stup-krou on March 07, 2015, 10:37:32 AM
Thanks for this mod Wastelander, i really enjoy it.
I didnt encounter any bug or issue with it so far. The only problem i saw is like Asfalto pointed out you cant set a treshold to repair items with -x%. That would be the best thing because my mender tends to waste too much time repairing items he repaired the day before and are still 98% condition.  It seemed like maybe, the mender would go for the best shaped items to repair first.
So if you can implement a damage treshold and repair damaged items first, the mod would be just perfect and 100% efficient IMO.
My colonist continue to repair the same fucking item over and over again Q_Q

Slan

Mending : Same thing here : very nice idea, but i will not use this mod anymore actually. What do we need ?

- Set for each item (if possible) or globaly a %age to start repair. Or in a quick patch, just make repair start at 30%-.
- Please, make people with mending repair item they wear. This is finaly the best thing we need.
- Make this at a cost for balanced reason OR make it last longer. Maybe 0.1pt/tick *Skill/20 ?

Nice idea this mod. Thanks for your work.