[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

Quote from: DopplerEffect on April 22, 2015, 01:15:43 PM
I created a new world with only this mod enabled, and I still have the same issue

http://imgur.com/PjSiCST

Are you using the Devmode to unlock the research? if you are that could be an issue with the dll being overridden, start over and try not using devmode to research or build or anything and see if it works.

Kaballah

Ok yeah I see some behavior like this sometimes, as well.  I have a nice cooling network, my ducts/smart fans show 1C temperature, but I noticed they've stopped cooling.  This colony had been cooling correctly for a long time, I'm not sure exactly when it stopped.  I did switch on dev mode briefly to cheat a little bit (killed a spawn from evil ship part) but after that I turned dev mode off again.   ???

DopplerEffect

I created an entirely new world with no debug tools and with only this mod loaded.  I set up a cooler room with intakes, set the industrial cooler to -20C and it cooled that room fine.  Then I connected duct work to a Duct Opening in a bedroom.  The network showed a temperature of -18C and the room started to cool down successfully.  Then I replaced the Duct Opening with the Smart Duct Opening (same spot, same connection + power etc) and the room was no longer cooled and matched ambient temperature of the outside.  <- long way of saying I still have the exact same problem.  Smart Duct Openings don't work

Kaballah

Well they did work for me for some time but yeah there seems to be some problem with them  :-[

Latta

There is no debugger attachable to RimWorld. I'll try look at smart outlet, but if you find anything please let me know.
Also, you can modify my source code at GitHub to log things and compile. Try log Validate and ValidateTemp.

Did I made outlets display its duct network ID? Or did I remove them? If you can see ID at inspection panel try to check if smart outlet's ID matches to its parent network.

Kaballah

They still show network ID and network temperature (you should leave this enabled, it's useful).  Here's a full size screenshot of the colony where this is happening - all of the enclosed rooms are showing warmer than their thermostat setting and I know it's not because they aren't roofed (mountain overhead) or that they're not insulated enough, the selected room is adjacent to my freezer at -5 e.g.  The enclosed rooms that are not serviced by smart duct are actually cooler than the bedrooms  :-\

Kaballah

Ahahaha here's a funny bug for you: I switched off my industrial coolers but they keep cooling.

jefferyharrell

Quote from: Kaballah on April 23, 2015, 06:25:31 AM
Ahahaha here's a funny bug for you: I switched off my industrial coolers but they keep cooling.

I think I had the same thing happen to me when I was playing last night. I had a brown-out due to a lightning strike on a geothermal generator and power was cut to my industrial cooler but stayed on to the attached exhausts. My freezer stayed at -20 the whole time.

Latta

Lol I must've forgotten to check PoweredOn or something like that... Thank you.

Edit: Yes, I forgot to check if IsWorking is true. What...

jefferyharrell

The industrial cooler is more efficient than the smaller cooler. Infinitely more efficient!

Ninefinger

OMG!!! I think i found the problem with the smart duct!!! it If you toggle the airflow so it icon has a checkmark and you will see the lock symbol come on and then it works!!! I think it just got inverted somewhere so "on is off" and "off is on"! Thats why there are no errors to debug because it is still technically working properly its just bassakwards So make sure the lock symbol is showing on your smart fan or it wont be working!

Latta

Okay, released 30b.

Changed smart duct outlet's HPR to 0.25 from 0.4, making it equalize more efficiently when combined with intakes.
Fixed smart not working.
Fixed this:
Quote from: jefferyharrell on April 23, 2015, 12:22:02 PM
The industrial cooler is more efficient than the smaller cooler. Infinitely more efficient!

I hope it will be a stable release.

Kaballah

Oh excellent, thanks for the update.   :D

Oops, OP download link points to 30a.