Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ytm

pleeease, do something :'( Update mod or just kill me in the face

wertak000

Quote from: 1000101 on June 14, 2015, 08:22:31 PM
Quote from: Katorone on June 14, 2015, 05:01:52 AM
Quote from: wertak000 on June 14, 2015, 02:37:20 AM
I don't think anyone said this yet,but, If you can make a second or third duct that wont connect to other ducts of different type,like buildcraft's (minecraft mod) cobblestone and stone pipes.That would be awesome because, using a dual duct smart outlet would be fantastic for the bases I build.
You can!  You can create another network and use the bridge thingy to make sure they don't connect to each other when intersecting.
I think what he means is a 2-into-1 component which takes from two separate duct networks into one single smart vent allowing for auto-switching between heating and cooling without having two vents.  If you can use two bridges to connect to a single vent then that would work too, but I don't think you can...

I +1 that idea.  (As well as A11 update.)

yes and no. yes, a 2-into-1 outlet . No, I wanted a duct that can go over other ducts without a bridge

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on June 22, 2015, 10:18:28 PM
Missing this :/
Here is an updated release, if nothing else i hope this helps Latta out a bit. LT Redist Heat A11

All credit goes to Latta and special thanks to Obs for providing the update.

rsof69

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 22, 2015, 11:14:06 PM
Here is an updated release, if nothing else i hope this helps Latta out a bit. LT Redist Heat A11

Kaballah

Ytm

doesnt work. changes netword ID all the time, temperature in room with duct intake is 70ะก, but network temp is 2C. and pipe intersection does not work :'(

justarandomgeek

I haven't used the A11 build, but I had no end of trouble with things linking/not when they should/shouldn't in A10. Perhaps Latta needs to grab a more recent version of the linking code from Signals? I've fixed a ton of strange linking bugs since this forked off! I'm not sure how easy that is to do though, given the significant changes that were made on both sides since then...

Kaballah

I am not able to get ducts to work with this version either :(  The industrial heaters work fine, just can't get heat into the duct network.

e: I deconstructed and rebuilt one tile of ductwork and it started to work.  ???

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on June 26, 2015, 09:09:11 PM
I am not able to get ducts to work with this version either :(  The industrial heaters work fine, just can't get heat into the duct network.

e: I deconstructed and rebuilt one tile of ductwork and it started to work.  ???
Im thinking it seems that once you leave a game and load it it has trouble remembering the ID's or something and when you rebuilt the duct it reset its ID tag or whatever so it knew what it was supposed to do. Im no expert on this stuff but thats my best guess. Seems like a minor annoyance considering that it is at least playable when it otherwise would not be at all. :)

justarandomgeek

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 27, 2015, 12:21:53 AM
Im thinking it seems that once you leave a game and load it it has trouble remembering the ID's or something and when you rebuilt the duct it reset its ID tag or whatever so it knew what it was supposed to do. Im no expert on this stuff but thats my best guess. Seems like a minor annoyance considering that it is at least playable when it otherwise would not be at all. :)

The linking code is based on an earlier version of Signals, so I know a bit about it ;) Networks don't actually exist across saving/loading, they are rebuilt each time as the components spawn in - when one component spawns, it immediately connects to any connectable adjacent component. The net IDs are mostly to make it easier for the player to sort out what's connected to what (though, they are used internally for some net merge/split operations). This is also why IDs seem to be all over the place, and skip large ranges at times. I've had the most trouble with the crossover duct, and I'm pretty sure it's a bug I've already fixed in Signals, but I don't recall exactly when/where it was now unfortunately (I think it was during A10) :( Note though that this means you can sometimes repair broken nets by exiting the game and reloading!

When I finish my current round of updates/improvements to Signals, I'm going to try to bring ReditHeat's networking backend up to date, hopefully in a way that allows easier sharing of changes between the two. (That is, assuming Latta doesn't beat me to that update!)

YetAnotherTroper

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 22, 2015, 11:14:06 PM

Link broken; just 404s when I click it.

nmid

I saw Latta post in another thread.. hope he gets around to updating this for A11 :)

Ps - Please release a patch that works for both A11b and A11?
Ty !! :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Leucetius

Alpha 11b: dropbox

I did nothing more than recompile the source for 11b and update the *.xml's. Source is from Ninefinger's archive "LT_RedistHeatA11fix.rar" dated yesterday. XML's are from the original release 31 from the first post of this thread - modified to 11b phraseology.

Credit(s) go(es) to everyone, who created / modified / debugged above mentioned files and versions - so at least Latta, Obs and Ninefinger.

Last but not least: as I said - I dindn't change a bit in the source code. So - in my test at least - you have to rebuild a part (not duct - a vent) of every network after a game's been loaded. I won't look into that today.