[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Quote from: Dante Montana on August 30, 2015, 06:36:43 AM
Thanks for your effort Latta. With this mod I had a lot of fun the last playthroughs. Now you have implented the upper/lower ducts and a wish come true. Very impressive what is possible now. Heat/cold where ever needed.

Thank you for your words, I just hope there are no game breaking bugs anymore.

Latta

While my own play testing, I found two more bugs, so I decided not to release 40d or 41 until sure. But since building-stopping bug is critical, I uploaded 40d_pre on GitHub.

For users of 32a/new users: Please download/keep using 32a.
For users already using version line 40: Please update to 40d_pre.

To make sure, 40-line users are advised to edit their save file, although it might not be necessary.
1. Search <li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker">
2. Change like this:

<li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker">
    <savers />
</li>

I'm sorry for this infinite bug rush.

Stinkycat752

I like the ideas of pipes functioning to redistribute air, but I have this issue with giant white ducts in the walls breaking everything up. I'd just like something that shares the air around my colony from one or a few coolers rather than 1 per room without replacing it with essentially the same obstruction.

I was just wondering if it was possible for you to add something more aesthetically pleasing for use with the pipes, like a duct in the floor?
Just something out of the way that fits into the background.

Or if something like this already exists in this, that'd be nice to know too. Or if there were screenshots of it if it's already in your mod that I missed ;-;
I couldn't really find anything, thanks either way, and sorry if I just misunderstood what was already here.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Abomination Imagination

AaronRStanley

First, I love this mod. It brings a nice element to the game, and is very practical.

That being said, I'm shite at working with it. I can't figure out how to regulate heat across the network to get the rooms heated to where their occupants want, or where they need to be.

The bedrooms of the colonists when hooked to this system have never reached higher than 10C, and routinely fall to near 0C.

I've attached a picture, that is my entire base at present. In the lower left, I have my industrial heater and industrial cooler. The heater is in a room that is attached to my upper ducts. It has five intakes, and is piped to Smart Duct Outlets. The rooms are all currently set to the upper ducts as it is cold outside the base (night time temperatures for this location in October reach -8C).

I have a wall between my cooler/heater. All Smart Duct Outlets are set for 20C.
Coolers Target Temp: -20C
Heaters Target Temp: 20C
Net Temperature (Upper)/Heat: 19C
Net Temperature (Lower)/Cold: 17C

What am I do wrong? I've read this entire thread, and tried to figure out what is wrong.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

No you are not wrong, It's my code being wrong. I found out that even 32a might bare a bug where duct buildings don't work due to critical code misplacement.

It is addressed in 41, but to not repeat my mistake, I'm taking some time now. Sorry!

I'll update asap.

Chaia

I have a big problem with high temperature differences between network and room temperature:

My current colony is in a hot rain forest, so I need at least some cooling for the bedrooms. I have a main cooling room for food, dead bodies and medicine with an industrial cooler attached, set to -5°C. That cooling room also feeds my duct pipes, so the network is also ~ -5°C. The smart duct outlets in the bedrooms are set to 21°C and everytime the temperature inside the room gets to 22°C, the smart duct outlet opens for a second and the bedrooms are at freezing temperature.

One solution would be to make another cooling room set to 21°C, but thats stupid, as I have already a good industrial cooler.

You could also use the actual room size and reduce the heat push rate accordingly, as not THAT much cold air is needed to cool down a small room.

Another good idea would be to allow smart fans to control the room AND the network temperature, which you could switch or something. If you choose to control the network temperature, the smart fans work as inlets and try to bring the network temperature to the chosen temperature by opening and closing the duct. That way I could use the main cooling room with a network temperature set to 21°C and everytime the network is warmer than 21°C, the smart fans let in some cold air to cool it down

zenfur

Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Latta

New version in bound. Please go to download page for detailed changelog.
Note about "Duct buildings stopped working" or "Duct network temperature doesn't match": It was a bug.

I decided to release it as a 40, instead of 41, because 40 was a pile of trash. Sorry for any inconveniences you had, hope this version solve all.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Toggle

Okay, so two things. First is that the research project for some reason, I can build smart ducts before researching it. And the 2nd is just me confused, as I had a cooler set to 15 just to keep colonists cool on hot days, and somehow the net temp was 0, which brought half my rooms down to around 5 degrees, even if I opened doors. When I unroof'd the area though and put it back on, it somewhat went back to the temp I wanted it at, but the net temp was 8 so it's around 11-13 degrees when it's set to 15.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Florius

Looks awesome! I'll try it as soon as i'm done with the colony!

I have a question, I am using 40c (the old one) and I have trouble keeping my rooms on temperature.
I have 4 industrial heaters, and 1 intake, and I want to warm up 4 rooms. (http://puu.sh/jYNVt/999900c5f3.jpg)
But they still are only 10 celsius. Should I get more industrial heaters? More intake or outtake? Any help you can provide? :)

mbos14

i see both the mod folder and a renference folder do i also need to put the refenrece folder somewhere ?

Fallatus

Awesome! Just a tiny graphical complaint though, Really minor. Could you maybe make the vent sides slightly triangular so they don't clip the wall?
You don't have to do it, As it won't hinder or stop me from using the mod, but it'd be nice if you did. :)

Latta

Quote from: Florius on September 03, 2015, 03:13:12 PM
Looks awesome! I'll try it as soon as i'm done with the colony!

I have a question, I am using 40c (the old one) and I have trouble keeping my rooms on temperature.
I have 4 industrial heaters, and 1 intake, and I want to warm up 4 rooms. (http://puu.sh/jYNVt/999900c5f3.jpg)
But they still are only 10 celsius. Should I get more industrial heaters? More intake or outtake? Any help you can provide? :)

40c's ducts stop working after load your game, I'm afraid.

Lady Wolf

I noticed a bug with the latest version, the industrial cooler stays on "high" usage all the time, even when the room temperature is 50 or more degrees cooler than it's setting.

(The industrial heater switches from high to low power usage like normal however.)