[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixien

So, I just upgraded to the new version, everything went fine and the mod worked like a charm, but when I tried to reload my save (I have not installed any new mods in between making the save and loading it) I got the good old "Rimworld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick" error! *Yeah*

The save was made after upgrading your mod btw.

Latta

It might be an incompatibility issue then, like MoreMechanoids - Misc. Mod back in A9 or A10, which threw the same error.

Would someone upload a log with the error in there? And iWilliBlecha, what mods are you using?

Helixien

Well, I have been using the same mods since around 2 days now and I only got the error today after loading a save with the 41 version.

Here is my mod list, copied right from the config txt:

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdB Mod Order</li>
    <li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>WorkPresets</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>Expanded Prosthetics &amp; Organ Engineering</li>
    <li>Romance Mod</li>
    <li>Infusion - Equipment enchantment</li>
    <li>RimWorl Redist Heat</li>
    <li>DoorMat</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>RT Fusebox</li>
    <li>RT Storage</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>LessIncidentTrolling</li>
    <li>Glass N Lights</li>
    <li>MatterConverter</li>
    <li>Skullywags Extended Storage</li>
    <li>Skullywags Thermals Stuffed</li>
    <li>Skullywags Batteries Stuffed</li>
    <li>Skullywags Solars Stuffed</li>
    <li>Skullywags Small Solars Stuffed</li>
    <li>Mending_SK</li>
    <li>Skullywags Power Cell</li>
    <li>Skullywags Embrasures</li>
    <li>Skullywags Defence Shield</li>
    <li>LogWall-Stuffed</li>
    <li>Skullywags Personal Shield MKII</li>
    <li>RoofBomb</li>
    <li>Skullywags Plasma Weapons</li>
    <li>Skullywags Gauss Weapons</li>
    <li>Skullywags Flame Weapons</li>
    <li>Skullywags Laser Weapons</li>
    <li>RimEffect</li>
    <li>Rimsenal Core</li>
    <li>Rimsenal Federation</li>
    <li>Pirates!</li>
    <li>Norbals</li>
    <li>Rimsenal Hair</li>

Now let me see if I can get you a screenshot of the log.

EDIT: Here is ze log!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

Helixien

Quote from: Latta on September 09, 2015, 06:13:35 AM
Thank you. And you can downgrade to 40c, grab it from GitHub.

Does not help me with the save, sadly. Thank god the autosaves still work.

rsdworker

Quote from: Latta on September 08, 2015, 07:27:57 PM
Turn off your god mode if you are using it.

well its there - when its not in god mode - the second medium heater has no image

Latta

Quote from: rsdworker on September 09, 2015, 09:12:20 AM

well its there - when its not in god mode - the second medium heater has no image

Sorry, my mistake. Now confirmed and solved, I'll upload a new version with a few more passes on error investigation. Thank you for the report.
By the way: Have you met any squad brain error after load?

rsof69

Quote from: Latta on September 09, 2015, 09:29:24 AM
Quote from: rsdworker on September 09, 2015, 09:12:20 AM

Sorry, my mistake. Now confirmed and solved, I'll upload a new version with a few more passes on error investigation. Thank you for the report.
By the way: Have you met any squad brain error after load?

We are waiting Latta-sama

MisterVertigo

I'm gonna post this here, and apologize in advance. I will admit I have not read this whole thread from beginning to end, so if the answers are there you can call me a dunce and tell me to read the thread. I won't be offended.

Is there a how-to for how the things in this mod work? I look at screen shots and I see pipes running all over the place, and I see different styles of vents and heaters and coolers, and I'm not sure what goes where and what connects to what, and how to even start. I started a test game and built a room with an industrial cooler connected to an exhaust port. How do I get the cool air to my other rooms now? Do I just build duct work to them? Do I need to use any vents? What about heating? Do I need different ducts for that?

I'm sorry for the questions, but I'm just kind of lost. This mod looks amazing and I'm sure it makes sense once I know how it works.

Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Florius

Hi MisterVertigo! Please take a look at my screenshot!
http://puu.sh/k3bq5/3f9cd2f922.jpg

I have a room which makes sure that the temperature is always 21c.
Then I have an inhaust connected to the room.

The pipes are all connected to outlets in my rooms, which are connected with the inhaust.
Please ignore the cooler unit in my "living room" and the pipes connected to my
cooler unit in my "temperature room", these are not needed.

The cooler unit needs to be connected to an exhaust port, which needs to be connected to outdoor.

If you have any further questions, just let me know!

MisterVertigo

OK, that kind of makes sense. So which of the ducts do you put in the rooms: Duct Outlet, Smart Duct Outlet, or Duct Intake? And what are the differences between them? Also, what does the duct cooler do? Is it just a less powerful cooler than the Industrial one?

Also, the medium heater, I'm guessing it works like the vanilla Heater, except it mounts to the wall? Would that be accurate?

Thank you for your help!

Florius

To be honest I am not sure of the terms, and am still using the 40c update, but Latta said something about it somewhere... Let's see if I can find it.

QuoteAdded small cooler and medium heater. While small coolers are more efficient in power-to-cooling capability compared to normal ones, medium heaters are not so great. But they do look better! And don't take any space.

The Duct Intake is for your temperature room, and the duct outlet is for the room which you want to reach the temperature in the temperature room. The difference between the 2 is in the discription, I am not exactly sure, I personally use Smart duct outlet, I think they stop using power when the room reaches the temperature you set it to.

MisterVertigo

Ah ok, so the room where the industrial heaters and coolers are need a Duct Intake connected to the same duct as the units. Then I put a Duct Outlet or Smart Duct Outlet in each room of my base and connect them to the same ductwork as the units and the intake.

So I'm assuming I can put heaters and coolers in the same room, on the same duct, and then set the temps so they don't overlap. I think I get it! :)

I knew I was making it too hard! :)

Florius

I have the room temperature on the heater an cooler on the same temperature, otherwise one of them always keeps high power, and no matter what temperature outside inside is always 21c :)

AaronRStanley

I'm having an issue whereby I am completely unable to build vents or active vents at all. This was an issue that was present with the previous version and is continuing with the current version.

I'm running no other mods that would impact vents in anyway. I can select them, but I cannot place them in walls anywhere in my colony structure. They are the only two aspects of climate control that are affected.