[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Viceroy

^ That's not a half-bad Idea.

Make it like "Jotun Interstellar Mercenary Company Sigma-91" or stuff like that. It'd add the vibe of having present corporations in the Rimworlds (which you obviously would since they are entire planets and interstellar trade takes ages.)

Just make them neutral to start with, that way you can pie them to love you and comm them to aid you just like real mercs.

I would totally dig that. If you want you can let me know via PM and I'll help you out with the defs y'know. Especially if I can add a corporation too he he he :p

Also... You missed an oppurtunity when you didn't name the mod "Hostile Takeover." lol

Really nice stuff you have going on here. So much flavour. Me likey.
Dog goes moo!

rooki1

Now I'm working on this big armored baby ;)

Dragoon

Oh man Id hate to be baby sitting that guy when he gets cranky.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Asfalto

THIS is the feeling textures need for mods!

Awesome.

PS: you should really redo all textures of Industrialization mod. Help eatKenny with his mod :D
lots of people still appreciate that mod, but i just can't use it because of it's completely non rimworld-like textures..

;)

Keymaster89

Quote from: Asfalto on March 04, 2015, 11:02:55 PM
PS: you should really redo all textures of Industrialization mod. Help eatKenny with his mod :D
lots of people still appreciate that mod, but i just can't use it because of it's completely non rimworld-like textures..
Industrialization have fine textures... sure is minimalist, but all in this game is like that... also, industrialization is more like our level technology... it have to be more crude than ultra fancy future sci-fi plasma disintegrator weapons...

Cybergoth

klad123

This is great mod especially graphic work.

when I used the gear of this mod(I think "Riot gear"), That gear have a advantage of movement speed up, but the gear plus heat 50%. So can easily sick in "heat stroke".

(and Weapons & gears are too rare.)

This mod will be more great if you check some details.

Really thanks for your mod.     

rooki1

I finished graphics and now working on add the Federation Peacekeeper Corps faction.
They are hostile faction like mechanoid hive.

michal3588

Those armors looks so badass!
Just make this Peacekeeper slow, HUGE, powerful and almost indestructible with low-tech weapons. He should be something like really challenging boss who just wipeout your entire colony if you are not prepared.

Boboid

Man those Yunhwa weapons are a sure-fire way to cause brain damage in all your captives, you make hundreds and hundreds of body part rolls before you finally kill something with them :D
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

17shadow

keep up the good work it really add something rimworld was missing!

michal3588

I have a small but very irritating problem. Jotun Interstellar weapons are way too loud compared to all other guns. I know that I could change settings but then rest of the weapons wouldn't have any sound.

UMK

How do you use optics? Is siege gun viable (low travel speed and overall damage)?
My colonists fully upgraded with advanced bionics (12 c/s, 14c/s as jogger) and shield are just running toward pack of centipedes with siege shortguns and collecting their mechanic souls. Not to mention that shortgun often oneshots scythers and raiders. I think optics could help against cover, but usually raiders are zerging, and only shard rain can stop them.
Could you also add tag section to apparels and guns? Like this:

<tags>
        <li>Outlander</li>
        <li>Spacer</li>
        <li>Military</li>
</tags>

This is needed to allow them to be spawned as gear for raiders.

Also, seems new version is not compatible with old saves. But players can make them compatible with save editting. They have to open save file in notepad (vim, etc) and replace 'Apparel_Dropsuit' with 'Dropsuit', 'Apparel_Riotgear' with 'Riotgear' and 'Apparel_Siegearmor' with 'Siegearmor'.

Boboid

The Siege Gun is incredible actually - The massive range on it combined with the fact it can fire over objects when instructed to ( colonists won't do so by default and require LOS to auto-target things ) means you can wipe out most raids/sieges assuming they don't immediately charge you.

It's actually insanely accurate too, I think because it's using frag grenade/rocket launcher mechanic and the miss radius is set to be extremely small. It's pretty Trigger Happy friendly as a result.

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

rooki1

The mod had a mini update.
Grendel's stat has slightly changed and now you can use fancy fauxhawk hair.
And arts also has been changed. I added an outline of the guns. So they are more easier to identify now.