[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

hwoo

and please bring in pipe shotguns, scrap Armour ( road sign Armour ;) rustonian you ) maybe crude grenades that have a chance of not detonating.

EDIT

just tested out your security mod with the first HMG. i have to say one on its own is a fearsome beast but i do have a couple things id like to suggest.

the emplacement can currently shoot to its direct left and right and even behind itself. as powerful as this thing is. its blind spots should be its weakness. currently it doesn't have any.

and it is insanely powerful like i mentioned. rip a entire legion of tribals apart in seconds. on its own.

if you can, make it so it jams on occasion from continuous fire and needs 'repairing'. this means people will still need to rely on backups like colonists or battle animals in case the mg jams. and it'd make for one hell of a story on the odd occasion.

'fired till the MG jammed, the mechanic was dead and the tribals closed in on me , did I turn tail and run? no! I pulled out my trusty shotgun and kept firing till they ran with their tails between their legs!'

rather than they are mush each and every time no?

love the mod so far.

SNKcell

Hello Rokki

Will the new feral pack add new armor? It look that they will be fixed units like the federation

thanks for the new update, I cant play rimworld without this mod :D

Wild Card

It would be cool if the ferall`s were lootable  :)

duduluu

Hello, rooki!
There is a mistake in storyteller pack. Hildegarde Epic's description is the same as Sereniz Sadistic's.
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

ttr

Hey, Seems that Security sub-mod is overwriting ResarchProjects definitions from main mod.
I've had to merge them manually.

fenrin49

yo! found a bug drop suit helmet cost 700 plasteel im guessing thats suppose to be 70. go fix that zero so i can build badass armor! love the mods!

rooki1

Quick fix complete.
Thank you for announcement.

fenrin49

rooki1

Quote from: falconbunker on April 13, 2016, 11:00:19 AM
So will combat realism affect the guns in this mod or no?

Not now. Cause I need sometime to update other mods.

SomethingLikeArthi

Hi, sorry for bad english im brazilian
Can you give me the alpha 12 links bcz i don't found them in the thread

rooki1

Quote from: SomethingLikeArthi on April 13, 2016, 08:37:27 PM

Well, I'm Korean and not good at English too. You don't need to say sorry.
Anyway, here is the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q53rfxs8yjgap1/Rimsenal_12.zip?dl=0

SomethingLikeArthi

Quote from: rooki1 on April 13, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Quote from: SomethingLikeArthi on April 13, 2016, 08:37:27 PM

Well, I'm Korean and not good at English too. You don't need to say sorry.
Anyway, here is the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q53rfxs8yjgap1/Rimsenal_12.zip?dl=0
Thanks

PsychoSuru

Is there anyway for you to provide an alpha 13 version that has all the old models? I preferred the old style of the tactical vest than the new one but that's just me.

rooki1

Rimsenal: Feral(beta)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pnne5efh4zj3ms/Rimsenal_Feral.zip?dl=0

It is not complete version but only beta.
If you have any proposals, please say so.

fenrin49

hmmmm i should like to propose maned flame thrower turret....
gota do some testing with this - its just the weapons so far?
also the gnasher is overpriced by a zero in steel.
huh dejavu :-)

edit:
a more serious proposal put 2 slag chunks in the recipe instead of components-they are about as available as components and it gives a use for them before you get the smelter, fits the theme, and it would make the weapons a good desperation/early game option for when you have no resources to spare. overall that would make them kinda cheap. the better weapons in the set might have a component or two also but i think the basic weapons should be easy to scrounge together in a pinch.

edit again!:

so i did some testing.

the scatter stick could do with a bit more spread its bit too accurate

the death dealer could use a little bit more accuracy

scrap tooth also needs a bit less accuracy hardly missed a shot

thrasher also seemed a bit too accurate frequently hit all 3 in the burst

scorcher fuel puddles were not igniting and got very few direct hits but seemed like if the fuel was light it would be a decent short range alternative to the incindeary launcher

gnasher needs allot more accuracy or more bullets double of either and it would be usable.

thats just what i found firing a few bursts at max range and closing in. definitely fun to play with though. and ok balance wise maybe a tiny bit much damage. very good against bears people with guns less so.