Real-life depictions of sculptures!

Started by muffins, March 05, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

Pew-pew gun art.

Doing a romanesque art style was tough. It's all bright primary colours with deep shadows and stylised backgrounds ie-12th century cartoons!

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Thane

All hail the return of the mighty Muffin. May he wow us with art and send us into spirals of laughter with his accurate representations of 'Beautiful' Sculptures!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

REMworlder

Damn son, those are some real nice details.

Shinzy

I love the colours muffin! although I totally preferred the "texture" the marker pens left on things. But these will do ;D These will most definately do

A Friend

Here we see the solitary Jerbear stalking it's favoured prey, the chocolate hare

Watch as it prepares to deliver the killing strike,

*BANG*

Unfortunately, the RNG don't always go in your favor.

This Jerbear may have failed to hunt down his intended prey,

But instead, RNGods have blessed it with a decent alternative: The Innocentin Bystanderus.

Allowing it to live on with a full hunger bar

At the cost of negative 20 mood pts...

But you do all you can to survive in the wild, wild Rim...

Quote from: Shinzy on February 10, 2016, 06:06:04 AM
I love the colours muffin! although I totally preferred the "texture" the marker pens left on things. But these will do ;D These will most definately do

If he's using photoshop, maybe he could use these brushes
http://bananapanik.deviantart.com/art/Textured-Marker-Brush-V-3-126239197
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

muffins

I'm using Paint Tool Sai after hearing lots of recommendations about it. I can see now why people like it.

Ah, innocentin bystanderus. Probably the most tasty bipedal omnivores out there.

muffins

[speculation]

This piece depicts a bit of amusing local history where during a psychic wave a visiting astrogator (which is a space navigator, not a space alligator, though I'm sure there's nothing stopping a space alligator from becoming a space navigator should he apply himself to the rigorous training programmes required for that profession) lost his mind and began punching up the local wildlife. Now, usually this is a bad idea since some of the larger types of wildlife can easily bring down a human, especially if they work as a pack (we've all herd of the cautionary tale of the solitary hunter that was beaten to a pulp by a herd of enraged deer), however our astrogator was no baseline human and managed to punch a whole herd of enraged manhunting llamas to death with his bionic powerclaw. The locals were very happy with this result and dubbed our astrogator friend "The Victor" in honour of this epic fight, and after he calmed down a bit, purchased him many rounds of beer.

[/speculation]

Shinzy

Quote from: muffins on February 12, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
astrogator (which is a space navigator, not a space alligator

no.
you're wrong
take it back

(Punching llamas in daze is such a rimworld thing to do though)

muffins

Quote from: Shinzy on February 12, 2016, 04:35:22 AM
Quote from: muffins on February 12, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
astrogator (which is a space navigator, not a space alligator

no.
you're wrong
take it back

I actually started this pic thinking "I just HAVE to draw an alligator in a space suit!" ... then I discovered what an astrogator really was while looking for reference material of astrogators.

Somehow the sun shines less brightly today.

skullywag

Ahhh the best way to wear pants/trousers, on your head.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

Muffins! So wonderful to have you back!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Reddeath96

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2016, 12:38:06 PM
TYNAN HAS SHOWN FAVOR!!!

OHM
OHM
OHM

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

muffins

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2016, 12:38:06 PM
I cannot express how much I love the game or how much I love to draw, so doing RimWorld doodles is like finding bacon flavoured ice cream at the store. So much win!

[speculation]

Out in the far west there is an unfortunate town called Black Plain where lives a strange man that the locals call "The Gardener", though calling him either a "man" or a "gardener" is probably a lie now. He was an enthusiastic believer in improving human potential through bionic technology so every bionic upgrade he could have had done, he had done,  and every bionic upgrade he should not have had done, he had done anyway. Though this helped him in his gardening profession, suspending his brain in a bath of synthetic stimulants to remove the need for sleep was probably what drove him mad in the end. Now he "gardens" the town's population instead, and being a seven-foot bionic monster encased in power armour, no-one can put a stop to his deadly whims.

"Yessss! A snip here, a prune there, and Black Plain will be perfect! PERFECT!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

[/speculation]

Oh lawd the inking took forever on this one. Bigger version on DeviantArt.