[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: MechanoidHater on May 22, 2016, 05:04:51 PM
I have finished every research from the Quantum Stockpile mod and yet the quantum stockpile/warehouse dosent show up in the Architect menu.

If they're not in the Furniture menu then some other mod you're running is doing something unsavory.

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Ratys on May 22, 2016, 06:47:51 PM
If they're not in the Furniture menu then some other mod you're running is doing something unsavory.
Well I'm using this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19262.0
Which adds lots of stuff in Furniture tab. So much it dosent fit the screen even at big resolutions. But I cant remove it or else I won't be able to use my save.
So could you put it in the Misc tab? They're not a furniture anyways.

Ratys

Quote from: MechanoidHater on May 23, 2016, 03:28:54 AM

I could, but I won't. They are listed as furniture because equipment rack (a storage device) is furniture, and furniture defs file has the 'storage' section.

You could change the load order so that RT Quantum Storage loads before that mod, or you could do your proposed change yourself: go to Mods\RT_QuantumStorage\Defs\ThingDefs, and for every file there change the <DesignationCategory>Furniture</DesignationCategory> line to <DesignationCategory>Misc</DesignationCategory>. Shouldn't break anything, but backup your save just in case. Speaking of which, if you haven't used anything from that RimStation mod in your save, it's perfectly safe to disable it.

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Ratys on May 23, 2016, 04:38:19 AM
Quote from: MechanoidHater on May 23, 2016, 03:28:54 AM

I could, but I won't. They are listed as furniture because equipment rack (a storage device) is furniture, and furniture defs file has the 'storage' section.

You could change the load order so that RT Quantum Storage loads before that mod, or you could do your proposed change yourself: go to Mods\RT_QuantumStorage\Defs\ThingDefs, and for every file there change the <DesignationCategory>Furniture</DesignationCategory> line to <DesignationCategory>Misc</DesignationCategory>. Shouldn't break anything, but backup your save just in case. Speaking of which, if you haven't used anything from that RimStation mod in your save, it's perfectly safe to disable it.

Thanks. Everything works fine now.

MechanoidHater

Unfortuaetly its me again. Out of the sudden the game started to lag and when looking at the debug log I found this:

Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumWarehouse2441591: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities+<>c.<GetItemList>b__3_0 (Verse.Thing x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].RemoveAll (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.GetItemList (IntVec3 cell, Boolean includeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.DefragStockpileStacks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.QuantumWarehouseTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Lupin III

Using the current version (A13-1.0.2) there is something weird happening to chunk storage. I have one storage that has 44 chunks max and another one right beside it in the same stockpile that has a capacity of 28 chunks. I don't know how I got to these values. The only difference was that I placed the second one (with the lower capacity) later in the game. Maybe there's something wrong with the capacity increase on research?

Ghizmo

I would like to point out that storing weapons and apparel in the quantum storage makes it impossible to equip anything but the first item on the stack.

Ghizmo

Quote from: Ratys on March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM
    RT Mods

RT Quantum Storage
    Adds new upgradeable storage solutions based around the concept of "quantum stockpiles"; those of you familiar with Dwarf Fortress likely already know what it does.

• Detailed explanation of exact mechanics can be found in the research project descriptions.

I can't seem to figure out how the quantum relays work.

I've got a stockpile that stores all my raw resources.
    I've got multiple quantum warehouses in that stockpile zone.
    After expanding my colony I have several rooms where mining and refinement tasks are being performed.
    In those rooms I've built small and large quantum relays, selecting the stockpile zone with the green arrows. However, the relays are not being used by my colonists to transfer the resources into the stockpile. Or to transfer resources from the stockpile to produce plasteel or vanicidium for example.
    I've also made another stockpile right next to the relays in case that was required, but that doesn't do anything.

Ghizmo

Alright, that reads a bit more clearly.

Should there be a warehouse near the workbench?
    Like for the Alloy Forge I built three relays next to the seat the colonist works. I've made a single stockpile zone with the exact same settings as the main stockpile zone/
    I've allowed steel, platinum and cobalt. One resource on each relay. -> yet my colonist still moves all the way over to the main stockpile to grab the resources.

Edit: So I made the small relays have a higher priority and now there is always a stack of resources. I suppose this works :)

Ghizmo

The transportation from the workbench -> warehouse works just fine.

It is the transportation from the warehouse -> workbench that doesn't work as I expect it to. Atleast not with the priority set to the same level. If both the warehouse and the relay have the same setting, the item keeps flickering between the two locations. Or even more than two, because I also had relays set up near the machining table, alloy smelter and weapons smith. They get swapped around so fast that my colonist was unable to grab the resource for the workbench I had a task set to be completed.

Ghizmo

Yes that is what I got from your first explanation. But like I said, when I do that the resources flickers between the relay and the warehouse. :)
    But it's OK like this too. Only a single resource stack will stay on the relay. Which is more than plenty for the workbenches to work with.

Seikikai

Quote from: MechanoidHater on May 25, 2016, 12:25:43 PM
    Unfortuaetly its me again. Out of the sudden the game started to lag and when looking at the debug log I found this:

Exception ticking Building_RTQuantumWarehouse2441591: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities+<>c.<GetItemList>b__3_0 (Verse.Thing x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].RemoveAll (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.Utilities.GetItemList (IntVec3 cell, Boolean includeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.DefragStockpileStacks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.QuantumWarehouseTick (Int32 tickAmount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.CompRTQuantumWarehouse.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Getting Something Similar When Trying To Build A QW

QuoteException in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RT_QuantumStorage.PlaceWorker_RTNoQSOverlap.AllowsPlacing (Verse.BuildableDef checkingDef, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.GenConstruct.CanPlaceBlueprintAt (Verse.BuildableDef entDef, IntVec3 center, Rot4 rot, Boolean godMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Designator_Build.CanDesignateCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Designator_Place.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Designator_Build.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.UIRoot_Map.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Seikikai

Quote from: Canute on July 13, 2016, 06:50:11 AM
    Could you try some things ?
    - Delete the RT_QuantumStorage...  folder complete and unpack it again. Don't overwrite it, delete it.
    - If you use Modorder, try to move RT_QuantumStorage to the end of the modlist. If not install Modorder first.

Look if that solve the problem.
    But i think Ratys will update the mod to A14 first.

Already Tried Both Options But Didn't Worked.

lance789

Ratys

Quote from: lance789 on July 16, 2016, 12:40:55 PM
    will this be updated to A14?

Of course! And uploaded to Steam Workshop (unless that proves to be an undue nuisance) as well. However, I'm not within earshot of my workstation right now and won't be for a few days still; this update's timing is the worst.