[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: Adventurer on September 20, 2016, 10:02:10 AM
Hello Orion, I had a thought. Instead of having guest beds, why not just make it so guests use beds that are marked as Unowned?
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make guests use normal beds at all. So I had to make a custom one. I didn't want to override default beds for compatibility reasons.
So yeah, it would be more elegant if you could set normal beds to be for guests. But RimWorld has hardcoded beds deep into colonist behavior.

Dingo

Is it impossible to inject with CCL when it's updated? I also found this very unintuitive when I started using Hospitality.

Adventurer

Quote from: Orion on September 20, 2016, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Adventurer on September 20, 2016, 10:02:10 AM
Hello Orion, I had a thought. Instead of having guest beds, why not just make it so guests use beds that are marked as Unowned?
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make guests use normal beds at all. So I had to make a custom one. I didn't want to override default beds for compatibility reasons.
So yeah, it would be more elegant if you could set normal beds to be for guests. But RimWorld has hardcoded beds deep into colonist behavior.
How about making it so colonists can use guest beds, then? As well as making it so guest beds can be turned into medical/prisoner beds in a pinch.

Orion

CCL does not help here.

There may be ways to do it, but in the end it's not worth all the trouble. I'm not willing to spend my free time staring at my screen for the next 3 weeks, just so people can convert beds in one click instead of three.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Orion on September 21, 2016, 05:55:18 AM...just so people can convert beds in one click instead of three.

Wait, what?

There's a way to convert beds between normal and guest, or am I reading this wrong?

Serenity

It would be cool if you could give medical treatment to injured visitors. I just had a guy lose his stomach to a scyther and he'll bleed all the time.

Orion

Quote from: DariusWolfe on September 21, 2016, 02:42:21 PM
Quote from: Orion on September 21, 2016, 05:55:18 AM...just so people can convert beds in one click instead of three.

Wait, what?

There's a way to convert beds between normal and guest, or am I reading this wrong?
There is: Deconstruct the guest bed and build a normal one. And vice-versa.

Quote from: Serenity on September 21, 2016, 09:40:07 PM
It would be cool if you could give medical treatment to injured visitors. I just had a guy lose his stomach to a scyther and he'll bleed all the time.
Yeah, but then a lot of things would be cool. In the end I always have to choose if it's worth the ridiculous amount of time adding new functionality to RimWorld costs, plus the even greater amount of time for keeping the new feature updated, compatible and bug free.
As much as I wish I could do this full-time, I don't see that happening any time soon, because people like free stuff.

Mackinz

Hey, this is Kave Johnson from Steam. Later on I hope to post my experiments to isolate the issue I described on the workshop page, but I decided to stop by today with a suggestion that would improve this feature:

Quote from: Orion on September 02, 2016, 01:55:55 AM
Changelog
1.15b - 02.09.2016
- Tweak: refugee and joining wanderer events slightly more likely
- New: refugee and joining wanderer are picked from pool of related characters
- New: joining wanderer can be declined
- Hotfix: GetRoom() error from A15.1280
When I tested Hospitality originally, a wanderer requested to join my colony near the start. The wanderer turned out to be a mostly useless Medieval Lord. Had I known that she would have such a background, I would have decided against accepting her. She was effectively useless at that point in my colonies life. The wanderer event lacks the useful feedback of the "person requests safety" event which tells you the potential colonists adult background, allowing the player to make a more informed decision on accepting or ignoring that colonist. Is it possible that this mod could further edit the event so that the player is informed of the potential colonists adult backstory?

drakemasta

could you add a aspect where they dress appropriately for the weather their entering.

i like to play in ice sheets mountainous and it gets -60 - -90 pretty easily. anything over -40 the visators just enter the map and turn around and leave, it gets very anoying.

Orion

@Kave: I can look into that. I don't think it would be difficult (for a change). I never thought the background was very informative, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
@drakemasta: I'm leaving dressing visitors to RimWorld. You have to understand that when most of RimWorld's code was written, ice sheets could not be played. They were enabled later. So the game is apparently ill fit to equip them right.  Now in early versions of hospitality they would march on and die in the snow, blaming the player.
I've added that they turn around instead of dying. But I'm not gonna mess with RimWorld's code for dressing pawns. Or maybe I am, but I definitely won't commit to it.

Simulacrum0

you don't need to change the code to make pawns able to survive in -60 - -90, what they need is more clothing options and a much higher apparelMoney limet.
a normal cloth parka is worth 260, outlanders have a base of 300 to 900 tribals are 180 to 350.

Orion

So... uh... why don't you use FashionRIMsta? It adds a fur coat that costs 150 and insulated up to -47 (parka does -40). Would that solve your problem?

Serenity

The vanilla stuff is fine for the most part. It just needs to be made from wool instead of cloth and be of relatively good quality. Cloth is crap for cold protection. Fine for pants and shirts. But hats and parkas need to be made from wool to get anywhere. With a great hat, even a wool jacket is enough for all but the coldest environments.

Another cold weather cloth option is Ushanka! It adds those Russian fur hats and a winter coat.

chumbaba

hi there,

@orion a little request
could you pls update your first post weather a ccl  is, or is not required? you edited 1st post on 24 sep but you explained somwhere between the 73 pages of posts thats its not required.
I know there s no ccl 15 already, but everyone new on this forum will be confused.

thats all