[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Seems like hash system is still broken ...

Orion can you make visitors not to eat your food :P ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Zakhad

Quote from: mrofa on September 03, 2016, 09:37:29 PM
Seems like hash system is still broken ...

Orion can you make visitors not to eat your food :P ?

That's not very hospitable of you

Orion

Hm. It already goes wrong in line 188, failing to load some stuff. How removing the beds fixes it beats me.
My guess would have been that you disabled a mod you used before.

Let's see if more people run into this.

Guests eating the player's food is a vanilla thing. But I get do many complaints about it, maybe I'll enforce that they spawn with enough to eat.

BlueWinds

I like guests eating my food. :) Or at least, I find it amusing and story-worthy. "Sorry, we ran into heavy storms and got delayed, our supplies are a little short. Pretty please?"

Relatedly, that gives me an idea for an add-on mod (not a request, just a thought that struck me, related to hospitality).

"Can we please buy two cows? Our entire herd died over the winter..."
"We were sent to buy some raw food. We had crop troubles, and need something to help our village until next fall..."
"We're experiencing heavy pirate raids. Can we buy some of your assault rifles / sniper rifles / greatbows?"
-- Yes! We are happy to help our neighbors. (faction goodwill)
-- I'm sure we can work something out! (sell at slightly above normal sale price)
-- Sorry, we need those. (minor relations hit)

Visitors would only ask for items that the player has plenty of, in order to avoid annoying players - only food if you have at least 500 (raw) stored, only animals if you have several un-bonded of the same species, only weaponry if you have 3+ sitting in storage.

Serenity

Quote from: BlueWinds on September 04, 2016, 01:28:56 PM
I like guests eating my food. :)
Try playing on an ice sheet

Why don't visitors just have their food need turned off? I don't mean this a suggestion for the mod necessarily. Just in general.

Orion

I like guests eating my food. :) Or at least, I find it amusing and story-worthy. "Sorry, we ran into heavy storms and got delayed, our supplies are a little short. Pretty please?"
So do I!

Relatedly, that gives me an idea for an add-on mod (not a request, just a thought that struck me, related to hospitality).

"Can we please buy two cows? Our entire herd died over the winter..."
"We were sent to buy some raw food. We had crop troubles, and need something to help our village until next fall..."
"We're experiencing heavy pirate raids. Can we buy some of your assault rifles / sniper rifles / greatbows?"
-- Yes! We are happy to help our neighbors. (faction goodwill)
-- I'm sure we can work something out! (sell at slightly above normal sale price)
-- Sorry, we need those. (minor relations hit)
Sounds fun, although also a fair bit of work to make.

Quote from: Serenity on September 04, 2016, 01:39:37 PM
I like guests eating my food. :)
Try playing on an ice sheet

Why don't visitors just have their food need turned off? I don't mean this a suggestion for the mod necessarily. Just in general.
Because that's half the fun. It's odd enough that visitors don't have most needs / thoughts.

gillsminnow

Think the whole point of being hospitable is providing food for guests :D

Serenity

The problem is not having a choice about it. It'd be fine if had control over giving them food and not doing so makes them annoyed with you.

mrofa

Quote from: Serenity on September 04, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
The problem is not having a choice about it. It'd be fine if had control over giving them food and not doing so makes them annoyed with you.

Did a small couter for that, lockable doors, uses float menu(same as comms consol).
Not the best solution but its better than visitors starving my colony :P

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
All i do is clutter all around.

Orion

Quote from: mrofa on September 04, 2016, 03:38:22 PM
Did a small couter for that, lockable doors, uses float menu(same as comms consol).
You crazy guy! That's pretty cool :)

My latest Steam update fixes that visitors have enough food now, btw. A14 broke it, by introducing that world pawns get reused (so the next time they come around, they don't get new food, duh).

Serenity

Quote from: mrofa on September 04, 2016, 03:38:22 PM
Looks interesting. But the lock texture doesn't seem to work for me (I assume that was is meant to be shown). It looks like it shows some dirt/rubble texture instead. 5 gray stones or something in a circle. Not sure what it is exactly.

jjcf89

Quote from: Orion on September 04, 2016, 04:09:57 AM
Hm. It already goes wrong in line 188, failing to load some stuff. How removing the beds fixes it beats me.
My guess would have been that you disabled a mod you used before.

Let's see if more people run into this.

I removed the beds so I could unload your mod. After unloading your mod the saves worked again. Figured I'd report it incase someone else runs into it.

Orion

Quote from: jjcf89 on September 04, 2016, 09:41:54 PM
I removed the beds so I could unload your mod. After unloading your mod the saves worked again. Figured I'd report it incase someone else runs into it.
Odd. If you add it in again, will it break again as well?

jjcf89

Quote from: Orion on September 05, 2016, 08:26:00 AM
Quote from: jjcf89 on September 04, 2016, 09:41:54 PM
Odd. If you add it in again, will it break again as well?
Yes I tried that. It still refused to save.  Note I don't have CCL installed but considering its still only A14 and this is A15c i'm not sure what to do about that.

Eiktyrner

Also getting the Pawn_TraderTracker exception on autosave as someone mentioned before. I've got more mods but I'm guessing it's related?

http://paste.ee/p/euy98

Can I disable auto-update on everything? I'm fine not having the latest and "greatest"