[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

Yeah i was hoping that you could maybe make it so that we have to manually decide which visitors we want to choose to improve relationships with or interact with?

Orion

Quote from: silentwolf123 on July 25, 2015, 05:53:14 PM
every time we get visitors or traders now the "improve relationship" is ticked, so you get spammed with improved relations to such and such like 3 times every person
It's by design. Since you can now only talk a few times to each visitor to improve relationship, I generally want my guys to talk to all of them, without having to check each separately.

I could limit it so you only have one shot per visitor per x hours, but in return it would have much more impact (3-5x). Then you get less spam... unless someone has a better idea, or most people like it how it is right now (I do).

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 25, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
Yeah i was hoping that you could maybe make it so that we have to manually decide which visitors we want to choose to improve relationships with or interact with?
You can. It's just that I set the default option to "Improve Relationship".

Which gives me an idea. Maybe I can add a button "Make Default" that will apply the current setting to all present visitors AND make it the new default.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Orion on July 26, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Quote from: silentwolf123 on July 25, 2015, 05:53:14 PM
every time we get visitors or traders now the "improve relationship" is ticked, so you get spammed with improved relations to such and such like 3 times every person
It's by design. Since you can now only talk a few times to each visitor to improve relationship, I generally want my guys to talk to all of them, without having to check each separately.

I could limit it so you only have one shot per visitor per x hours, but in return it would have much more impact (3-5x). Then you get less spam... unless someone has a better idea, or most people like it how it is right now (I do).

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 25, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
You can. It's just that I set the default option to "Improve Relationship".

Which gives me an idea. Maybe I can add a button "Make Default" that will apply the current setting to all present visitors AND make it the new default.

Yeah it has to be set to default no interaction otherwise you end up with having to pause the game every time a visitor arrival happens and check there faction and there current standing, if the faction is already in good standing i have to manually disable the interaction for all visitors. And i only want my colony to interact with just one visitor not all of them. The spam is real. Having it set to default the way it is now is just a pain in the butt.

The balance is fine though so i wouldn't change that just the default interaction setting or have an option to set it to what you want is even better but still have it set to default no interaction and have an ability to set it to always interaction if wanted.

Romi

I don't know why ppl get pissed of at improving relation with the faction, i mean even if the relation is full i still let it on , the notifications don't annoy me.

Othobrithol

I also prefer it in the current method. It requires much less micromanaging if it defaults to schmooze. By mid-late game your diplomats have a score high enough that they'll rarely lose standing, and disabling the tasks on 3-4 colonists via one menu is far easier than manually turning interaction on for ten visitors on the off chance you actually have to intervene.

silentwolf123

Whilst people have said its annoying to turn it on for 10 visitors its also annoying to turn it off for 10, be much easier to have an option to just have a button to decide if you want all visitors to be talked to or not.

Cherna

That's really must-have mod.
There is only one thing that bothers me. I know that visitors room is in to do list, but does anyone know any trick how to designate a place for visitors to stay? Right now they either chill out in my freezer at -50 degrees or in my colonists rooms and really pissing them off.

Orion

For now I had to come up with an algorithm to choose where they would stay. It's rather random, though. If you have a good idea how they should choose where to stay, I'd love to hear it.

TrashMan

Chairs, sofas, tables and near morale-boosting equipment?

Cherna

Maybe they should wander near table with turned on socialization and sleep near it or in any non-colonist room with most comfort temperature. So you couldn't make heat or cold traps so easily with just table.

Othobrithol

I do think it is rather funny that they seem to pick the freezer about half the time.

I'm assuming that it is, in fact, possible to have them detect a game object. In that case, you could add a new thing exclusively for this purpose (eg " Welcome Banner") and have them overwhelmingly prefer a room that contains one. Not the prettiest solution but simple.

Orion

Quote from: Othobrithol on July 27, 2015, 12:20:30 PM
[..] you could add a new thing exclusively for this purpose (eg " Welcome Banner") and have them overwhelmingly prefer a room that contains one. Not the prettiest solution but simple.
I've contemplated this. Probably I'll add something along those lines eventually. I was thinking guest beds, but getting them to actually use them is unfortunately not trivial.

Vas

For some reason, every time hospitality shows the visitors are leaving and are happy or whatever, it makes squiggly odd text as if you tried to make it all super fancy.

Also, when recruiting, it always says her, my male colonist tried to recruit using HER sweet talking skills or something.  :|  Tried to report earlier but net has been out for hours.  Still is, I dunno if this post will make it through.  :/
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Vas on July 29, 2015, 10:05:28 AM
Tried to report earlier but net has been out for hours.  Still is, I dunno if this post will make it through.  :/

It got through :D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Orion

For some reason, every time hospitality shows the visitors are leaving and are happy or whatever, it makes squiggly odd text as if you tried to make it all super fancy.
I once stumbled over an explanation why that is, but can't find the post anymore. I believe it has something to do with translations / keyed text. If someone can tell me why that is, I'll fix it.

Also, when recruiting, it always says her, my male colonist tried to recruit using HER sweet talking skills or something.
Thanks for reporting this. Fixed it for the next version.