[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viddles

Quote from: Arigas on April 11, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
I was testing using a new colony. Using the new version however, works. At first I thought it wasn't when the Guest tab didn't show up. Then I realized it won't until they actually stop in your colony.

Edit: Ok, so, all is well so far, but I can't seem to get relations to improve with the other factions. My Negotiator has 11 in Social, and all I'm seeing is worsening relations :P

Mine has a social of 10, and all she does is fail at relations as well. I'm seeing the error: "Did not find skill of def Social, returning Shooting: 6 (4938.651xp)"

Additionally, I had some guests earlier that did not give me the option of interacting, but when they left, they were happy with me anyway and gave me +30 with their faction and dropped some goods.

Hope this information helps.

Arigas

Quote from: Viddles on April 12, 2016, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: Arigas on April 11, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
I was testing using a new colony. Using the new version however, works. At first I thought it wasn't when the Guest tab didn't show up. Then I realized it won't until they actually stop in your colony.

Edit: Ok, so, all is well so far, but I can't seem to get relations to improve with the other factions. My Negotiator has 11 in Social, and all I'm seeing is worsening relations :P

Mine has a social of 10, and all she does is fail at relations as well. I'm seeing the error: "Did not find skill of def Social, returning Shooting: 6 (4938.651xp)"

Additionally, I had some guests earlier that did not give me the option of interacting, but when they left, they were happy with me anyway and gave me +30 with their faction and dropped some goods.

Hope this information helps.

Hmm, I'm not getting any errors come up. I suppose I probably need to have dev mode on and the error log open to see it?

Orion

Thanks for all the reports so far!

You do need dev mode on to see errors. Also, for everyone reporting errors, I need to see / know the first error(s) you're getting (preferably expanded - when you click on it). Everything after that is just collateral and doesn't help me find the root of the issue.

Also if the mod is not working right, please tell me which other mods you are using.

hwoo

I can concretely say that the balance between success and failure is tipped toward failure.

I have a colonist with 15 warden skill and all she does is fail 7/10 times.

However when I select leave alone and they end up talking purely due to random proximity, they have really good interaction ending up in a big increase in relations.

Tldr?
When you let them mingle by chance things improve, when you make them try to increase relations current  all it does is bring it down due to weighted rng.

I love this mod, just needs a lil extra polish then it's golden 😊

Viddles

Quote from: Orion on April 12, 2016, 02:03:58 AM
Thanks for all the reports so far!

You do need dev mode on to see errors. Also, for everyone reporting errors, I need to see / know the first error(s) you're getting (preferably expanded - when you click on it). Everything after that is just collateral and doesn't help me find the root of the issue.

Also if the mod is not working right, please tell me which other mods you are using.

Sorry about that, attaching a screenshot this time. =)
My mods are as follows:
1. Core
2. EdB Colonist Bar
3. Mad Skills
4. Enhanced Tabs
5. Bulk Meals
6. Stonecutting Tweak v1.02
7. Hospitality 1.11

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

bubblesses

I'm also experiencing relationships being worsened nearly every time. It says 10% chance to worsen but happens 19/20 times. When it does improve, it says the chance was 15%, which makes no sense. All mods running are listed in the debug log pictured below.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

hwoo

I forgot to mention I ran it on its own with vanilla. Other mods may increase the problem but after running it as the solo mod alongside vanilla it's certainly confined to the mod itself. Which is good as you don't have to worry about compatibility issues.

Orion

Quote from: hwoo on April 12, 2016, 02:06:52 AM
When you let them mingle by chance things improve, when you make them try to increase relations current  all it does is bring it down due to weighted rng.
Yeah, I can confirm that the balance is still whack. A couple of things changed in A13 that required me to make changes and now rebalancing is needed. Your feedback is invaluable for this.

Quote from: bubblesses on April 12, 2016, 03:44:04 AM
I'm also experiencing relationships being worsened nearly every time. It says 10% chance to worsen but happens 19/20 times. When it does improve, it says the chance was 15%, which makes no sense. All mods running are listed in the debug log pictured below.
This sounds like a genuine bug. Like the odds being checked the wrong way around. Will investigate.

Quote from: Viddles on April 12, 2016, 02:18:28 AM
Sorry about that, attaching a screenshot this time. =)
Thanks! Will have to check MadSkills. It could be that it conflicts and breaks getting the social skill.

Orion

I skimmed the source of Mad Skills and it's not causing the Social skill problem AFAIK. But I see what the issue is now. Will fix it when I have time later.

WHiZ

I'm having a weird problem where when a prisoner needs wardening, it's selecting the first person in my colonist list rather than the first marked to be able to do that sort of thing. unfort the first person in the list is incapable of such things, doesn't even have a 0, it's as if it is stopping on them when iterating the list rather than searching for ones that can do it beyond them.

something776

Quote from: pestilenz on April 12, 2016, 04:13:29 PM
I'm having the 'visitors standing' bug, anyone has an idea which other mod causes this? Are the visitors supposed to move again on savegame load when I found the right order? Here's my mod list:
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>NoStoneCutting</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_Manager-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>AutoEquip</li>
    <li>Bulk_Meals</li>
    <li>HaulPriorityLite</li>
    <li>LessIncidentTrolling136</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>RT Storage</li>
    <li>RW_Blueprints-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>PowerSwitch</li>
    <li>RWAutoSell</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>

Thanks in advance

I've been having a similar problem, where one of my colonists wouldn't move.  The conflict was between hospitality and EdB's mods.  I hope that will work for you as well.

Alcarinus

So Orion i downloaded your mod and checked if everything was ok on the file(and it was). so I put in the mod folder and loaded on the game, than created a colony but when started playing i noticed one of my 3 starters colonist just keep standing there and i cant equip the wepons on the ground. And yes i checked only your mod. Please help me id love to try your new hospitality mod!!!
Mod developers if you need help in portuguese translations PM me and ill gladly help.

Zederikus

I don't know if it's just me but sometimes while using this mod one of my guys just stands still. Doing absolutely nothing. The pawn can be drafted and commanded around but nothing beyond that. It is probably because of incompatibility or something, I just wanted to give you a heads up.

bubblesses

I recorded and uploaded a video of another bug I encountered, somehow my relations with a visiting tribe got set to -100 while they were present. They began to attack and hundreds of errors were thrown. Video is here: https://youtu.be/UwORjf2R6no . Happy to reply to any questions I can answer.
Edit: Same bug happened again, but slightly different this time. Video here: https://youtu.be/G04DupxnfUI

Orion

I'm really sorry so many people are experiencing problems with the mod. I'm working hard on getting everything fixed and a new version should be ready soon.
For those with colonists standing still or becoming uncommandable: you are getting errors. Turn on developer mode and try again. Post a screenshot of the first error or warning you are getting. Otherwise there's nothing I can do about it.